Happy Holidays from Studio 397!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Dec 23, 2016.

1. Flaux

Flaux Registered

People don't want to read through tons of information just to like a product. They want to use it and then like it. Or not.

rf2 isn't for anyone. Never will be. Stop trying to push people into it. It doesn't work like that.

patrickkluiters likes this.
  2. Comante

Comante Registered

This is one of the most ridicolous statement ever read on this board.

3. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Maybe they dont want to read "tons" about it, but a forum section, where the most questions could be answered, would not hurt, isn`t it? I was searching about the information how to move to steam, to answer a question, wich was coming up, but i was not able to find the regarding thread.

4. Flaux

Flaux Registered

Then please help me to understand.

First up, I haven't seen that many new people asking questions.

Then, no need to help people to setup controls. Use the autodetect function and it works. Go racing.

Why should there be a documentation of hardware that doesn't work? What hardware do you mean? The system requirements are all there to read. Just like in any other game.

Info on how sophisticated the physics engine is? How does that help people playing the game? You get the info before you buy rf2. Actually that is why many people want to have rf2.

So please help me understand why the devs should do work on integrating these things into the game. :oops:

5. Comante

Comante Registered

Back in 1999 Jane's released one of their last work. F/A18 superhornet simulator. It had tons of interesting features, and avionics, yes, it was a new aircrat back then, so probably 99% of it was "speculative", but Jane's was jane's. Anyway, that piece of software was killed... wait for it ... by lack of documentation. There is no purpose in modeling complex avionics if there is no one to tell the pilot how to use them correctly.

You comment are snarky, please stick out your head from your bottom. There are a lot of different kind of people out there, you would be amazed how many like to know on what they are spending time and money, what they can expect, and how to properly do things. Engaging in a game mean expecting rewards from it's use. Enterntainment is a reward.
    Now, as RF2 is a simulator, if people jump on it, it's because they expect some reward to the effort of "besting" the game, in this istance, racing a fast car on a track better than others (real or AI, or even just against the clock). If I give to you 2 different products, and I tell you nothing about one, and I explain you all the features of the other. I bet you will get much more satisfaction from the one that I told you use real world data, and has a high refresh phisics engine, and so on. Ask around, ask people if they would like to try RF PRO at least once.. and you know the reason why? Because it's the real deal, this is enough to raise interest in something. RF2 is not RF PRO, but it's what we can have, and is one of the most complex racing simulations that our home PC can run. If you think people don't care about this, then you know nothing John Snow.
    About not having experienced people asking questions : if you spend the whole time in cockpit without reading the lobby, then probably you're right.
    Anyway, many people don't spend their time on a forum reading about their favourite game, they do other things or play, and considering how scattered are all the info about RF2, I doubt that newcomers can know where to find them. Do you really think a guy that bought RF2 yesterday know how to invert FFB if in their wheel is inverted? Really? And this is not a problem that you can solve in the config menù.

Guimengo and Juergen-BY like this.
  6. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I miss the days of a good game manual, still got Grand Prix 2s as it's superb!

Anyway, no harm in better documentation if the devs have time to do it, anything to help newbies is always welcome.

7. Flaux

Flaux Registered

Had my GP2 manual in the hands just today. Still usefull. Lot's of setup stuff. Same goes for the Advanced setup guide for rf2.

@Comante why getting personal. I geniunely don't understand the need for it. Do you mean stuff like those helpbox-things in AC? Where you mouseover and get a quick info on what a button or setting does? That could be useful..

MarcG likes this.
  8. MarcG

MarcG Registered

You don't understand the need for it because you're an experienced sim user, a complete newbie is gonna get lost and that is exactly where a manual or documentation of some kind can help greatly.
    Mouse over items has been discussed (wished) a few times and is one thing I hope S397 add to their new UI functionality :)

Flaux likes this.
  9. stonec

stonec Registered

The only UI page in which I can see much use for the helpbox stuff is the garage setup page. The rest of the UI is pretty self-evident, graphics options etc. are obvious if you have played any game and controller has auto detect profiles for all wheels, plus there isn't a lot of controller options even available to adjust. AC, pCars and R3E actually have more controller settings, so it takes more time to get the FFB right than with rF2.

David Kolody and Flaux like this.
  10. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

@Marcel Offermans
    Wich would be very helpful, too, if all ini files (game, car and tracks) get all parameter proper commented. Pointing to the skippy files isn`t helpful, as a lot of parameter are missing or outdated.

Ozzy and Flaux like this.
  11. Marcel Offermans

Marcel Offermans Registered

Reading along and taking notes. :)

Alex72, F1Aussie, Georg and 4 others like this.
  12. RoWo

RoWo Member

Will we get a template?

13. Marcel Offermans

14. Mydriaz

Mydriaz Registered

Thank you very much, car feels very good :).

15. Goanna

Goanna Registered

Any ball park eta on that Marcel?

16. smbrm

smbrm Registered

Looking good Studio 397. Just wanted to report that there are two digits "00"(?) that appear on the GT500 cars on the right side of the body at the exhaust outlet. These numbers appear in the spinner and on track, but are not on the alt.dds nor any other *.dds that I can find. Not sure where they come from?

17. Marcel Offermans

No date set yet for the update.
    We've found the 00, thanks for reporting.

AceLain and Goanna like this.
  18. smbrm

smbrm Registered

Thanks for acknowledging Marcel.

Are the wheel Rims paintable parts?

Just wondering, it seems it would be helpful with new cars to have a list of paintable parts, even if templates have not been issued.

Cheers
    Stephen

Last edited: Jan 1, 2017
  19. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Finally I tested this car and it drives like I would expect.
    But the sound is really awful!!! What a crap! Sounds like a placeholder. One can´t seriously release something like that!
    I really hope that is just a heritage from ISI and not the direction S397 is heading!
    That said, I wonder that S397 obviously had not the claim for a proper sound. :(

20. Sebastien Sestacq

Sebastien Sestacq Registered

inside sound is not good but outside sound is good i like!!