Isi servers .. Finally well done

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nazirull Safry Paijo, Nov 7, 2013.

1. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Other then controlling the peeps in your house not much. Its the combination of pings on the server that's the biggest culprit. you can have 15 perfect connections and 1 or 2 bad ones and everyone suffers. Even more so when a server is struggling as well to keep up.

You can check pings live with the tab key (default) and there's a button to have your own ping show, forgot where it was, somewhere between q and / :p
    (checksum keys in rf2)

2. deak1944

deak1944 Guest

or you can type "/ping" in chat.

3. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Only thing apart from utter control in your household, is to make sure you're using a wire, not wireless. It seems that wireless connections compete in a household, and wired ones usually win. ;)

4. Andy Bonar

Andy Bonar Registered

Really?

I would suggest that people who don't understand the concept go back to their xboxes and race need for Speed ;)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

5. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

hehehehe :p

;)

Why I asked a week ago to enable pit limit and remove AI and make better rubber, like it takes 5 minutes in accelerated mode.

Pit limits is the first important thing you teach rookies imo.

Formation lap can not give you a advantage, unless you are David Coulthard it may be a disadvantage lopl

Speeding in pits does, if 2 cars pit for damage and one speeds it is obviously unfair advantage.

Tim how do you say you had already picked Howston as the next Historic when you or whoever came onto BT20 server and said ..............

lol ?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2013
  6. Dave-NRT

Dave-NRT Registered

It has been our experience over the years, wireless and online racing just don't mix, period.
    You would be surprised or maybe not, the amount of people racing online that when asked if they are connected via cable from the PC to the wall, the reply is yes, But, there wirless is also turned on, and the kids are
    playing 1st person shooters, Minecraft or just watching you tube.

Online racing and wireless, there is way to much latency loss.

Not to mention how many clients over the years we have helped, to secure there wireless connection
    so the next door kid isn't surfing and gaming for free.

I know this subject doesn't sit well with most having issues, we all want our stuff to be better than the next racer, gamer, or surfer.

Sometimes it is just as simple in checking out the odd cable here and there, they do go bad sometimes, even though
    the price of them, one would expect them to last forever.

Dave

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2013
  7. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Seeing lots of people give up on skippy/LRP because they are using the Regionals instead of the Nationals.
    I'm guessing they don't know the difference and are losing out on fun bigtime.

Time for that server message Dave? would help a great deal imo to inform peeps :)

8. 88mphTim

I actually had it set to nationals only since the Tuesday, before the recent restart.

9. 88mphTim

All the servers are now set properly again.

10. CRex

CRex Registered

Wow just discovered this, news of the year from rF2!

Been having affairs with other sims lately, but this makes me want to try MP in rF2 again. Hope pings are ok from europe. This is exactly what rF2 needed, hope it works well.

Maybe you should communicate this to sim-news sites/blogs like VirtualR and the likes. This is big news.

EDIT: Live server info on top of the forum is ACE :cool:

11. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Nazirull Safry Paijo Registered

12. Dave-NRT

Dave-NRT Registered

I see it just fine...

Dave

13. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Nazirull Safry Paijo Registered

Thanks Dave. It was ok yesterday but its invisible again now. Can u see it? Coz i cant

edit : its back on now. dont know how n why.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2013
  14. 88mphTim

Just curious: Are people newly discovering the Malaysia North Loop? It's one of my favorite configs. I am seeing some pretty big race fields on that server today. How many hadn't tried it, or hadn't tried it in the Megane?

15. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Crash in BT20 fix Tim please :)

16. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Assuming Johannes or anyone with similar problems has not already:

Run a traceroute and complain to IP, they can optimize that for you sometimes.

Failing that test another router and/or leads and with no filter or anything else on line and reset router.

17. 88mphTim

Runtime error. Fixed now.

18. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Sweet thanks for quick response , should be paying for this ........................

lol ;)

19. 88mphTim

Seeing purple of green when I visit the forum is pretty nice. :) Especially earlier, I logged on and saw 30+ people in the Megane server. Backs up that it was the right decision to do this.

20. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I know Brianza is not seemed as a fair compare but it is impressive to see 30 BT20 drivers within one second in the 2nd week. That would be a league anyone would be happy to be in. :)

I know Lime Rock and other tracks widen the gap but then the BT20 tyre slippage must even it up a little I would think.

I really thought Clio and Skip times would be a bit closer, be interesting to see they can get Brianza 30 cars within 1 second anyways.

Hanging to see what we can pull out of F3s there and the gaps. ( hint hint........push .............shove .......) lopl ;)

If there was a ISI official permanent F3 server with track rotation and archived Live Race .........count me in, I would pay a few bucks extra for that.

Puss can starve tj. lopl ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2013