[REL] [Open Beta v0.9] International Formula Series 3

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Petros Mak, Oct 3, 2013.

1. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Great, I will test ASAP for sure, The first tests with the 0.7 version with the 3rd FFB upgrade option was interesting for me.
    I will make some feedback. One thing I notice behind the wheel was the gear changing (up shift/down shift) feels like auto blip with paddle shift configuration, but the car need to put gas on down shift in real, is the mod configured in sequential auto blip in physics or grid without auto blip?

2. Jerry Luis

Jerry Luis Banned

Not download yet, so not installed. But already know it is good thing.

Thanks Petros. These cars are a lot of fun and one of the most beautiful vehicles to rf2.

3. NWDogg

NWDogg Registered

Gotta thank you again for this one. This is currently my favorite open-wheel mod in rF2, and the 0.8 update just made it that much better. I don't know how to explain it, but the cars feel somehow softer and more lively now than they were before. Not sure if it was chassis-flex or the suspension changes that did it, but either way it drives awesome.

Quick question though, sorry if covered already, but which series is this car based on? My searches led me to the British F3 series, and everything seems to match up, except that series seems limited to Cooper tires only and Honda is an engine manufacturer instead of that Piedra-something in your mod now. Is there a similar series that I just couldn't find online that this is based on, or is it based on the British F3 series with slight tweaks?

4. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

The mod represents the British and European championships of the 2009-2010 regulations which is when we built this model for our race team clients to use on their driver training simulators. All physics done by Derek are done with data we were allowed to use from those seasons. The model itself follows the 2008 style of the F3 series for the mod, of course in WRS it won't be the same model as the IFS3 series is our own branded series as many will be in WRS.

5. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

AI having some serious problems with the new suspension model! :p

6. Jerry Luis

Jerry Luis Banned

lol wild horse physics

7. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

Thanks for the report, I'll let the guys know so we can check it and fix asap!

8. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

I remember a similar problem at the last turn at Palm Beach.

9. argo0

argo0 Registered

Thanks Petros, Haven't driven it yet but the models look great and FPS is in line with all the other 1st and 3rd party mods. Why does this one run great but the 787b has half FPS for me? Are these more basic models? They don't look basic!
    Anyway, thanks very much for all your hard work, much appreciated mate.

10. Senna12

Senna12 Registered

Awesome mod! Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2014
  11. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

The reason this one runs smoother is because the model was done back in 2009 for our race team clients and it used older methods as well as much lower poly budgets. The IFS3-08 model is less than half the poly budget of the 787B which is why the model isn't as high quality as the 787B. We didn't want to keep the mod from release any longer, the new model will be in WRS as it should be and this one was good enough to allow people to enjoy it and introduce them to the series that will be in WRS.

Ultimately you have to know that mods from us will be similar to the 787B and a bit more resource hungry, although, LODs will be more optimized as we go further into development which will make FPS far better than what its at now, all this takes time however alongside our commercial and WRS work which takes a lot of time. With pCARS and Assetto Corsa going high end, we want to bring rF2 gamers that high end quality also. rF2 is more than capable of providing it, the only limitation is the user's hardware specs. It can be frustrating for some who may not be able to afford a new computer or new parts at the moment (I was in the same boat), but as soon as people can, they will prefer this added quality over the lower end.

Glad you like it though. :)

12. argo0

argo0 Registered

Ah, I see. I'm no connoisseur of car models to be honest so I didn't notice the differences you described. Hope the optimizations go well, I can run 787b with 6 or 7 AI instead of the usual 19 AI (at least) that I usually use so I'm glad I can still enjoy them to some degree. It would be nice to be able to turn opponent detail right down and still have a decent field at some stage though!
    Again, thanks and good luck.

13. Rony1984

Rony1984 Registered

exceptional tyre behaviour and handling with this MOD. Many thanks to all involved.

A question towards everyone out here and MAK Crop. I own a T500, and with all the FFB styles, incl. the very lightly steering FISI style, the vibrations and jolts in the FFB are so extreme that I've to ramp up filter to about 15 to get rid of them. This leads to a loss of feel and precision. I know that the issue was brought up before and hoped for a change with the altered FFB, but it still persists. Does anybody have some settings to overcome this? And to MAK: if not mistaken Derek doesn't own a T500 and hence might be unable to calibrate the ffb accordingly. But could the ffb be altered in such way that it's more enjoyable for us T500 owners?

14. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Many thanks for the update to Petros, Derek and all other Artists that are involved. Download is startet :)

15. speed1

speed1 Banned

@Rony1984

Not sure if you will like it but yes i have something for the T500RS connecting me to the cars and let me feel rolling. I tested this car shortly after i read your post and it is ok with my settings, more i can tell you after some more seating time. If you would like to try it, check the post #178 in the "Grip in rFactor2" thread. I leave my settings there and for this car go with 0.40 multi first and check after some laps about clipping. It might be possible there is a little diff between the wheels. Tested with 440° lock

16. TJones

TJones Registered

Great car really, easy to see you guys put a lot of effort in this.
    Beginning with the agile revving engine, with it's sharp power band, making the car just a little difficult to start. The poor deceleration with cold breaks.
    The tyres, with very good grip and pretty sharp transition from static to dynamic friction, but still catchable. This is much better, more challanging than previous version.
    IMO, a very believable implementation of a F3 car.

Thank's for this!

17. Marvin Morgan

Marvin Morgan Registered

Just took it for a spin on Mores. I know I hit something and didn't think anything of it until I tried to brake and the car pulled hard to the right. Reminded me of my 87' Civic Si when I neglected the brakes and had to pay dearly for it. Not life dearly but pocket dearly. Actually this is the first time in a long time I got this in a racing sim.

18. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

I totally destroyed the brakes last night. Car just spun out and crashed. I think I died. :(

19. hoover

hoover Registered

Just tested the car for about an hour at Hungaroring 2013.

Positive stuff:

- car modelling appears top notch
    - nice selections of upgrades / add-ons

Not-so positive stuff:

- FFB needs a lot of improvement, basically all I felt was a strong centering spring and some rumbling from the kerbs, but hardly and feedback about what the front tires were up to. This may be due to the track, I'll try some ISI tracks next. (T500RS)

- sounds: the car sounds like it's taken straight from rfactor1.

All the best & keep up the good work,

Uwe

20. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

There are three FFB settings in the options when you choose the car. Maybe you'll like one of them.