I'm bored

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ricknau, Sep 22, 2012.

1. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

2. Nand Gate

Nand Gate Banned

Any chance on Pikes Peak?

3. Ricknau

Ricknau Registered

Crikey I need to start downloading some tracks. I had no idea there are that many rf2-ready

4. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Pluginz, possible to add spark and eve?

5. argo0

argo0 Registered

Hi Pluginz,
    Thanks for the help tonight with resolutions.
    I enjoyed taking the Brabhams round these tracks.
    I suggest that you change to 15 min practice, 15 min qualifying and a 7 lap race, no formation lap.
    Couldn't help notice last night people dropping out during practice, whereas they may have stayed if they knew a race was 15 or 20 mins away. Also, we only did 6 races in 6 hours. I think after half hour of practice and qualifying, we should be getting a race started. I feel people prefer a slightly faster moving server. Up to you though, I enjoyed my time regardless.
    Almost every race there were incidents in formation laps. I was hit at least twice. It was clear from chat and on track that too many are unprepared for a formation lap and were not even sure what one is. Its a shame but thats 'pick up' on line racing for you!

Anyway, thanks mate, great nights racing, I improved a lot.

6. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

+1

7. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Ricknau, we're u talking about Brabham exclusively the whole time? I race spark f1.

8. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

9. Ricknau

Ricknau Registered

Woohoo! My internet service is back up! Looking at the server list in rF2 I don't see "60's Brabham test server" but I do see "1960 brab/eve/spark". Is that your server pluginz?

And here's where I have a lot to learn regarding playing rF2 on line. When I click "get mod" it shows me missing a bunch of tracks. Really? I have to have all that stuff downloaded and installed in order to join one race at say, Brianza? I'll be downloading all night.

I don't see any objections to my 3pm USA central proposal so is that when we will start? BTW that is Daylight Savings Time, one hour earlier than standard time.

Pluginz, declare what track we will run. I'll try to get my downloads sorted out by then unless you can set up a simple one track deal on the server.

Kknorpp, I was suggesting we might have an all brab race at some time. I love all three F1s but hesitate to pick a Brab if others are racing eves and sparks. It is out classed by these, at least in my hands.

10. Pluginz

Pluginz Registered

Morning morning!!

Had a lie in today.

Was good to meet you lastnight Argo0 :) Hope screen resoultions working out good in the end? Yep yep totally agree with you on the setup, 15/15/7 lap race, no formation. Ive adjusted the settings for now so it should be abit faster paced.

Good fun lastnite!! Thanks all for joining :)

11. Pluginz

Pluginz Registered

Spark and Eve added some hours ago Knorpp :)) Im sure Rick wont mind!!

12. Pluginz

Pluginz Registered

Ello Rick,

Yep, thats the server bud :) I had to change a few race settings, also added the spark and eve (F1), hope you dont mind that Rick, but we can change it back if you want!
    I noticed that you arnt running many tracks so I chopped it down just to the ISI stuff to make it easier for you. Yep, loads of tracks, once you have them all it will be so much easier, just do it bit by bit. But If you let me know every single track you have, doesnt have to be many, say 6 or 7 tracks at least - it makes the evening a little more exciting.

Certainly Brainza to get the afternoon/evening kicked off Rick.

13. Pluginz

Pluginz Registered

Tracks on Server at the moment are:

Monza
    Malaysia
    Mills
    Portugal
    Palm Beach
    Mid Ohio

14. Pluginz

Pluginz Registered

Well what ive done is run two servers side by side,

60's Brabham Test Server - 15 mins practise/ 15 qually/ 7 lap race with,

Monza
    Malaysia
    Mills
    Portugal
    Palm Beach
    Mid Ohio

1960's F1 Brab/Spark/Eve Server -15/15/7 the same but with a few added modern tracks

Monza
    Malaysia
    Mills
    Portugal
    Palm Beach
    Mid Ohio
    Croft
    Snetterton
    Heartland Park

Get downloading Rick hehe

15. coops

coops Banned

yeh so am i need update.

16. argo0

argo0 Registered

Well, Plugz, you're certainly doing all you can to accommodate everyones wishes. Good effort, thanks.

Personally though, I would strongly urge anyone who can't join the main server because they haven't downloaded the tracks to please download them ASAP. I'm not sure we've got enough drivers to run 2 well populated servers.

And Plugz, Monaco, Spa and Sebring surely NEED to be included! I hesitate to mention it because of the amount of work you've done for us so far. But they're too good to leave out. In time, when you get a minute, please consider including them again. The circuit list was perfect! Next day we've lost 3 fantastic tracks!!

Cheers all.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2012
  17. perdy450

perdy450 Registered

We're finally back to talking about 60's F1 ;) and not driving round ovals!

I sent an email out Rick. Nice one Plugz, i'll join the server this sunday eve when i'm back from London.

18. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Won't promise anything, but will attempt to make it this sunday to see what happens. Maybe I can learn something :)

19. Ricknau

Ricknau Registered

I'll do it this morning. Thanks to Nikos for linking me to the All Locations (torrent) thread. I'll have to get a torrent app installed first. Shortly after my first time doing a torrent download my system crashed to the point where I had to reinstall Windows so it makes me a little nervous. I'm sure it was a coincidence but... Can someone recommend a torrent site that is known to be a safe download? I went to ISOHunt site and it had ads asking if I like Asain women. That kind of stuff makes me wonder.

This is the only reference I see to particular day. So 3pm central USA on Sunday it is? Sunday is fine for me. That will give me time to do all the downloads.

A race with 7 laps is great. Like I said, I need to wear off the rust. (I take a lot of stupid chances against the AI. I need to break that habit!) I would like to reccommend though that we conclude with one somewhat longer race, say, a half hour long.

Looking forward to the meet. I'll try out the server as soon I get the downloads done.

Question: Do I just need to have the tracks unzipped into my Packages folder?

20. Pluginz

Pluginz Registered

Monaco, Spa and Sebring all added to mixed F1 server Argo0 :) Back on track lol

1 person likes this.