I'm bored

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ricknau, Sep 22, 2012.

1. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Yep agree weekends are best

2. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Depending on the day and the person, 2 or 3pm is before some guys in the US get up let alone go to bed LoL

3. jimagn

jimagn Registered

Add my name to the list. Being on the West Coast, later is better for me. Count me out for providing a server, however. Thanks for trying to get this going.

4. perdy450

perdy450 Registered

Definitely still keen, a weekend afternoon for you guys would be an evening race for me, which is all good. During the week I could possibly do a 10pm start, ain't too bad.

Quite a few guys in my league in limbo at the moment with simracing. Still a hardcore GPL contingent who have shown strong interest in this (naturally) so I might be able to convince them. They are from the US and Europe for the record.

5. Ricknau

Ricknau Registered

pluginz
    Kknorpp001
    argo0
    perdy450
    jimagn

I sent each of you a PM. Let's get something going. Perdy, lean on your league friends.

6. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

I don't see PM.

7. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Oval racing is very dominant in the US among many simracers. Our forum server is even UK based because we know where the majority of our initial customers will be coming from. It is unfortunate, but it will take some time for the US to gain some ground with rF2 in terms of both users and content (with ovals planned to come after gold, for example). It's the same with every sim, you find customers easier in the US with oval racing, simple as that. But... Having said that... Some of the best road courses in the world are in the US, most of them not yet ruined by silly chicanes and thrilling to drive... ;)

8. 88mphTim

We're mostly US-based. I'm British, but live in the US. We have a couple of Euros and an Aussie. ISIs history is with road racing, it is what they know best and made the most products around, but looking into the history with EA, for example, you could see ISI were really getting ontop of the oval stuff in terms of physics by the time EA stopped their partnership with ISI and took it to another studio. Shame really.

There are major plans to revolutionize the oval sim racing side though... A changeable dirt surface among those plans. But, as stated elsewhere, no plans to do that until after rF2 is gold.

9. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

You already have Monza ready.
    Perhaps speed up that American old racer you were talking about the other day and give us Race of two worlds so there is some oval racing?

Just an idea.

10. 88mphTim

Well, here's some info for you... No idea when it'll get built, but I was lucky enough to meet with AJ Watson and get his signature. :) I can pretty much guarantee you that 90% of what the community might want to be in rF2, I do, too... It's all about making it happen. Some are impossible due to their fees, some aren't. But I appreciate my history and the Roadster seemed like a no-brainer with that banking built. :)

11. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

12. privatebrian

privatebrian Registered

They look cool nikos :)

13. 88mphTim

Hope that fits as a pretty good example. It's not the only car from the 1950's that raced on the banking i have licensed, but the only one to not use the roadcourse too in that decade. Still, not sure how many know who AJ is, but then maybe it's a good example of how nuts I am about racing, too.

14. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

well, you are afaik, I read about historic races 40 years (on and off) now and I didnt know the existence of Race of two worlds till you mentioned it :)

15. Bryan Birtwell

Bryan Birtwell Registered

Howdy.

I run the F3 Fanatics! server.

My arm could be twisted, and could be talked into setting my server up for F1's on Saturdays.

Let me know which track, and we'll give it a go this Saturday, September 29th.

Right now, my server runs from my computer shop with a healthy cable connection. If this turns out to be something more than just a couple people want to do, and I could get a couple people to toss some cashola my way, I'd be willing to go back to NRT and rent the best of the best!

Personally, any track with decent "runoffs" would work for me... Or pretty much anything except Spa... LOL!

Hope this helps,

Bryan

16. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Mr Birtwell's proposals are highly recommended from first hand experience :eek:

17. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

You guys want to teach me how to drive a no down force open wheeler? LoL

18. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Simple, handcuff left palm on wheel, put the pedal on the metal, try to reach gear and pray...a lot!

19. Ricknau

Ricknau Registered

Kknorpp my dsl is down right now so can't resend the PM. Maybe others can forward it.

Bryan that sounds great! Thanks very much for offer. Hopefully my connection will be back tommorow and i can communicate more easily. Using cell phone right now.

20. jimagn

jimagn Registered

Thanks for the offer, Bryan. So what time and which track? Sebring? Mid-Ohio? Brianza? Bt20?