I'm bored

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ricknau, Sep 22, 2012.

1. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

I'm in! Favorite tracks are Sebring, mountain forest (crazy I know), Topeka, snetterton (also crazy I know), croft (yep crazy).

2. Pluginz

Pluginz Registered

Your afternoons Rick on the weekends sound good for me, Im UK but surely we can work something out.

Ive set-up a server anyways for us Rick. I did send you a PM but seems like you havnt been able to read it. :)

I ran the server lastnite with 6 different modern tracks. Had 7 players at one stage lol Its running 1hr Practise, then straight to race!! bit of a shocker for some that is hehe. Servers called '60's Brabham test server', I'll leave it running all the time Rick, give it a test bud, let me know what settings you want changed. :)

Some lads that joined the server last night were mighty mighty fast with the Brabhams as well, took my breath away, but I will get there with some practise! :p

Plugz

3. argo0

argo0 Registered

Excellent, thanks Plugz, and all who have helped build support for this. As I told Rick, I can't commit to definite times due to work/family but to have a Server always running these cars with different tracks is fantastic. I'll be a regular.

4. Pluginz

Pluginz Registered

Ah not a problem Argo0 :)

These are the tracks ive stuffed inside for now,

Croft
    Malaysian
    Portugal
    Mills
    Mid Ohio
    Fuji

1hr Practise, 5 lap race. :D

1 person likes this.
  5. argo0

argo0 Registered

May I be so bold as to make a suggestion? Many people are able to run Fuji no problem, but a significant proportion are not able to due to bad stuttering. Most servers rarely run it, and when they do there are requests to skip it or people choose to just drop out when this track comes up.
    My own personal preference would be all the tracks except Fuji, Watkins Glen, Mountain Forest and Sears Point. Obviously though, I realise the relative insignificance of my 'own personal preference'!
    Thanks

6. Pluginz

Pluginz Registered

Hehe, Its fine, Im not that keen on Fuji anyways, can get rid of that no problem. Keep the track ideas coming Argo0, Ive added, Mountain Forest and Sears :) Cant add Watkins for some reason!

Croft
    Malaysian
    Portugal
    Mills
    Mid Ohio
    Sears Point
    Mountain Forest

:D

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2012
  7. baked bean

baked bean Registered

Dude, Malaysia in the Brabhams is fantastic, ill join you guys later. :D

8. Pluginz

Pluginz Registered

Ah brilliant. Will put my racing socks on hehe

9. argo0

argo0 Registered

Thanks for losing Fuji, Plugz. My preference for also avoiding Sears, Watkins and Mountain is largely because I feel they lack quality but at least they run ok so I'll get used to them I suppose.
    I'd like -
    Croft
    Sepang
    Mills
    Portugal
    Palm Beach
    Snetterton
    Mid Ohio
    Monaco
    Monza with banking
    Botniaring
    Heartland Park, Topeka
    Spa

Looking forward to racing later. Cheers Plugz.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2012
  10. Pluginz

Pluginz Registered

Ahhh I misunderstood what you typed now. I never read that properly. I did exactly the opposite hehe, I feel an idiot now. Okies No sears and mountain forest ahhhh lolol. I havnt even tried Mountain forest as well.
    Yep yep any combination can be done. Will have a shuffle around inabit :)

11. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Pluginz you are my favorite person right now! Thanks for this!!! Does it make sense to rename this thread if possible so people know what it's about and we can talk it up?

12. argo0

argo0 Registered

Heh heh, no worries and thanks for taking the time. This server with the best quality tracks I feel will be very popular. I'm jumping in there as soon as I can!
    Feels' Putnam Park will be out soon also. That'll be a blast.

13. Pluginz

Pluginz Registered

Ah no wacking furries Kknorpp001, anytime bud! Yes, it may be a good idea for Rick to rename the thread actually, Im sure he wont mind :)

Sorted Argo0, track selection is compiled for now :p

Croft
    Sepang
    Mills
    Portugal
    Palm Beach
    Snetterton
    Mid Ohio
    Monaco
    Monza with banking
    Botniaring
    Heartland Park, Topeka
    Spa

Might see you guys on track inabit :)

14. argo0

argo0 Registered

Congratulations Plugz, you've just created the best server in RF2! I'll be there in an hour or so, grinning maniacally.

15. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Better bring a toothbrush then too Argo0 :)

16. Pluginz

Pluginz Registered

Hehe

17. Pluginz

Pluginz Registered

Just joined server. Croft at the moment :)

18. Ricknau

Ricknau Registered

Hi guys. Still using cell phone. Phone co guy coming out this afternoon. It's great that we have a lot of interest! We have Pluginz and Bryan Birtwell offering the use of servers. I think all we need for starters is to simply pick a day, a time, and a track. I do not mean to "dis" bryan's gracious offer but let's start simple with one race this weekend on pluginz server. That way we don't dilute the driver pool. If we pick up momentum maybe we can get dual servers going. I'm going to send this now from the my phone before i screw up and have to retype it! Next post will have suggestions and a request

19. Ricknau

Ricknau Registered

I suggest this Saturday 3 pm USA central time. That would be 1pm for jimagn and 8 or 9 in western europe. Will that work for everybody?

Also suggest (request) a common and well known track. I personally don't have many of the non ISI tracks installed and can't get them and practice by tomorrow. Only add on tracks i have are mid ohio and palm beach. How about a classic like monza to start? Just a suggestion, i like em all.
    Also think 50% damage might be smart. Want to keep it fun. Also thought a short (5 lap) warm up race might be nice to wear the rust off. Then maybe a 30-40 min main event. Just suggestion. Pluginz, i dont know whats involved in setting that kind of stuff up.

BTW, i dont see how to rename the thread.

20. Gambero

Gambero Registered

if you are EU based, fell free to join our server at iraceonline.com, soon available a champ with the historic mod, curremtly running fun events

ciao