Rfactor 2 vs Iracing vs CARS- a newbs perspective

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by rss334, Aug 13, 2012.

1. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Strawberries topped with melting chocolate is an offer I cant reffuse...

2. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Well, I don't know about you guys, but a woman never has to ask me twice to come to bed ;)

3. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

4. jtbo

jtbo Registered

Younglings :rolleyes:

I wonder if OP needs to decide right now as there is so much to come for rF2 also and lot more other sims too, I would think that now would be time to wait 6 months before decisions?

5. FONismo

FONismo Registered

Yeah it's weird. First watch i was oggling at the BMW drifting and the replay fidelity which is just stunning. 2nd watch i don't know, i just got a SHIFT/pCARS feel to the cockpit behaviour and it left me baffled. Now we all know what Kunos are capable of in terms of physics and FFB and so i am gonna presume it feels just amazing but must say i was a little surprised at how some of the cars seemed to react. Kunos have a good history with physics, SMS do not so it doesn't worry me really with AC, pCARS would be a big concern. Perhaps this is what Wix meant by fun was the way the cars move around

One good thing that makes me feel comfortable with how it feels and it wont feel like SHIFT/pCARS is the fact that the Bsimracing owner Wix said it met all his expectations and felt great. He also said the other day that he can race pCARS for no longer than 5 minutes before turning it off although it looks excellent in his opinion. These statements together give me confidence it feels good.

6. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

Me too. After the first time in bed they do not wan´t to see me anymore :(

7. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Registered

You just havent met the right sim yet :cool:

8. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Yeah, I'm a youngling, 21 with 32 years of experience. LoL

Yep, still looking, though Everquest was near the right game, spent way too much time on that one :)

9. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

I hope everything is going into right direction with AC because rf2 needs some competitor. It always helps.

10. GTrFreak

GTrFreak Registered

I'm all into rF2 at the moment but I'm curious to see how Assetto Corsa will come out. I saw that video and I got the exact same feeling over that cockpit footage. Just a littlebit worried... well, we'll have to wait I guess..

11. DREDBULL

DREDBULL Registered

12. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

I like pCARS, it’s pleasant to drive, and they’ve made a lot of progresses since the first day but wait: it’s ridiculous to compare rF2 physics to pCars physics. I admit pCars staff has made an excellent job on brakes: you can modulate the brake and the wheel locking has become predictable in a decent way…

However, although some of the guys are from Simbin (GTR2/GTL) they are producing (unfortunately) a multiplatform game… and there’s no way to sell a race simulator for Xbox / PS3. It’s incompatible.
    They’ll never reach the GTR2 physics level, much less RF2’s level.

The Asseto Corsa' video seems awfuly arcadey by the way...

13. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

I couldnt understand how the guy could get out of gravel so easily!!! It was easier than grass!!!
    (Imola was done wonderfull on the other hand)

14. jtbo

jtbo Registered

If you look at last part with one of the Kunos guys driving and compare that to first part, car looks to behaving a lot different, maybe it is different modes as someone noted before?

Anyway, I'm not too comfortable to discuss competitor's product on ISI's board, it feels like visting someone's home and not talk with the guy that lives at the place.

15. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Cant argue with that, I feel the same way, otherwise I would be at THEIR forum discussing things, Im missing Imola anyway.

16. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Yeah, choosing between many sims is a good problem to have! :)

It's funny b/c I don't understand the trucking thing but I don't know much about it either.

17. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Agreed regarding iRacing. Can't explain it, but seems ....sterile... somehow and of course waaaayyy too expensive especially if not as good as rfactor or NKP.

18. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

I raced Clios online at mountain forest and was literally giggling it was so much fun. Holy crap are these cars fun! It tire sounds were only better I swear I just cannot let it go. The sandpaper sounds is just horrible. Of course not as bad as the "fingers on chalkboard" of some other mods but could be much better. Other than that though wow I can't imagine having more fun. So glad for these cars especially as seems have killed the Megane LOL, what pieces of **** those are LOL.

19. jtbo

jtbo Registered

Trucking is relaxation actually as you don't need to rush, or at least with any well done sim you don't need to rush, but those are few and rare, challenge is more in making intersections and lane changes without causing accidents and also more of tactical kind of game instead of action.

However game makers seem to try to make it to be action gaming and thus their attempts to create something successful are to fail.

20. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Well I felt good about it until you guys ruined it for me. LOL. Seriously, though, I also agree regarding the cockpit but was thinking maybe it was just in my head until you guys perceived same thing. Fingers crossed!