G25/27 horrendous rattling

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mee, Jan 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MarcusarilliuS_IRL

MarcusarilliuS_IRL Registered

But from what I gather the problems only arise when going off track, so there should be no need to dampen the effects or loose any of the quality when on track, only modify the off track profile for logitech wheels to not be as harsh.

2. Jos

Jos Registered

I wonder how much rattling there will be on offroad tracks...

3. F1Fan07

F1Fan07 Member

Brianza isn't so great even on the pavement.

4. MarcG

MarcG Registered

You feel it on curbs as well not just off road.

5. Mee

Mee Registered

It's not only going off track, the bumps at Monaco, banking on Brianza, most curbs and other bumps also hurt my wheel -> check the first post in this thread, that's without going off the track.

6. MarcusarilliuS_IRL

7. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Why? They work fine. It is the user concern, and user problems with noise that is an issue, nothing else. They are completely compatible.

8. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

They won't be if the FFB is altered to suit the hardware, which was the point made. :) The FFB works absolutely fine, it is user concern that is the issue, and altering the software for that, cheapening the effect, isn't at the top of the list, as stated. :)

You already can filter the FFB in rFactor2, and that is what G25 and G27 owners can do.

9. MarcG

MarcG Registered

But in your own words they are "inferior" so therefore as good as below minimum specs.

do you think dumbing down effects for common wheels is the way forward? Not giving that user the best FFB possible?

and for the record its "user problems" with your software...again if this is a problem now are you concerned about a backlash when the game goes gold? Do you agree or disagree that Logitech wheels are some of the most commonly used?

10. osella

osella Registered

No, sorry but that's just untrue, if you use the filter param you filter ALL of the ffb, not just the harmful rattling -> completely useless.

11. MarcusarilliuS_IRL

Also when the game goes on official release you can't expect folks to go fiddling with config files to get their wheels to work without risk of damage. This is unrealistic to expect.

It's not as if logitech are a small unheard of company, they make up a large percentage of the racing wheel market and need to work optimally with the game without the need to go under the hood, so to speak, to have them work without risking damage or shortened lifespan due to overly violent forces being applied.

edit-

Just out of curiosity, how does the Thrustmaster T500rs compare to the Fanatec wheels? It would be a cheaper option and something I could afford if I put some cash away possibly.
    Is it better feeling than the g27?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2012
  12. Domi

Domi Registered

Yep, or play another game, which is mostly happening.

13. Ryno917

Ryno917 Registered

There are several Fanatec wheels that are cheaper than the t500RS; the only one that's more expensive is the new CSW IIRC

14. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Yeah and mountain forest rattles on road too.

15. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

I'm really sorry to say this, but I thinks it's absolutely amazing that ISI actually found a way to alienate even MORE of it's market. This thing is doomed. See you guys online in AC...

16. MarcusarilliuS_IRL

I was looking at the gt3 wheel but was recommended not to get it as it was too slow. Was told that the csr elite is the minimum fanatec wheel to consider and that is 500 quid just for the wheel with no pedals.
    I heard good things about the t500 though.

17. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

T500RS have some goods and bads compared to CSR-E/CSW (just from its internals perspective).
    T500RS have stronger motor and is capable of delivering more torque. But what CSR-E/CSW deliver, still should be enough for an average customer.
    With T500RS, I had a feeling of having very tiny lag - sort of like beeing on a boat. You feel you don't have as much precision as you'd want. CSR-E/CSW are more direct/precise in that matter. For example, with T500RS I couldn't drive through just few centimeters from high curbs. I just didn't feel confident enough. With CSW (I am one of the beta testers), I don't have such problems. I am much more confident with driving in very close proximity to Monaco curbs.

Still though, I had a chance to test Fanatec's GT3 wheel and I'd not recommend it. Yes, it does have better feeling (as beeing belt-driven), but that's it. The wheel is much slower and very "resistive" to any movement. Also, its buid quality is not good in my opinion. If you have a dillema between GT3 ad G27 - stay with G27. G27 vs T500RS? Well, that depends.... G27 (also G25, of course) may give you more "direct" feeling. TR500RS though can be MUCH faster and for me, feels more real like. On top of that are CSR-E and CSW. Of course, that is just my personal opinion. YMMV ;)

18. Ryno917

Ryno917 Registered

What about the standard CSR wheel? The CSRE is out of my price range, but I've heard a lot of good about the CSR.

19. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

The non-Elite? I guess it's something like past wheels, like GT3, but with new look and new rim. I don't what internals it has but if something like GT3, then I'd stay with G27.

20. Ryno917

Ryno917 Registered

My understanding is that is uses many of the same components as the CSR-E, just the CSR-E has two FFB motors instead of 1, along with a few other features. I could be mistaken, though.

I'm going to get it anyways, probably, though, as I'm thinking of picking up an Xbox 360 and FM4/Forza Horizon (if it turns out to be better than TDU) and I want a wheel to work on that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.