What is up with the optimization of this software

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sbishop1488, Jan 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

I wouldn't write 120hz off until you have experienced it yourself. I haven't experienced it yet but I have been keeping an eye on the prices of these 120hz monitors. I suspect the difference is quite significant. I suspect it isn't so much the input lag/reaction time as it is your brain no longer being able to distinguish individual frames anymore. I'm really amazed that 120hz+ monitors aren't the standard already. There still aren't that many options and they are priced much higher still. I am curious if it is a supply and demand thing or if there is a significant manufacturing cost involved.

2. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Well it's not actually fixed at 144. 100, 120, and 144 hertz are all true refresh rates, it's only 60 hertz that works this way, and maybe 85 hertz (I'm not sure, yet, about 85 Hz).

I believe the BenQ XL2411T is another monitor that does this because it is basically the same as the ASUS VG248QE. There are almost definitely more models which do this as well.

3. Andregee

Andregee Registered

if you dont use the multiview the outer screens will not get rendered with the correct viewing angle and everything is looking stretched.

4. Marcel Offermans

Marcel Offermans Registered

If you don't use multiview, you have to place all your screens in a single plane, so you cannot angle the side screens. Therefore your total horizontal FOV is a lot less.

5. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Optimization my butt cheeks

Go run 30 cars in AC and pCARS

OP is full of it 26 cars in AC is better then 6 in rF2

WHAT A LOAD OF %$^#@@^ CRAP

6. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

go to : C:\Users\xxxxxx\Documents\rFactor2\UserData, open config, edit this line like this: SubViews=3 and you get correct angle to our monitors.:)

7. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

What does that option do? Can you explain it, please?

8. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

I guess it turns ON MultiView :)

9. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

45 deg. angle to you side monitors.

10. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Impossible. The in-game FOV, and the distance from your eyes to the screen makes a difference. There is no such thing as just a 45 degree setting. There has to be an in-game FOV and a distance-from-eye-to-monitor value as well.

11. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

It is becoming quite a rule on every simracing forum - every thread eventually gets hijacked by people wanting to talk about FFB configurations or display / FOV / multiview configurations... :)

12. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Please don`t claim something you don`t know anything about, default setting is 2 and if you edit it to 3 you can move you side monitors to 45 deg angle. I have been using this setting to rFactor2 from 2012, you find also this setting from rFactor1 config.

13. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

It's physically impossible...

Once you move your eyes closer and closer to the screen, the image on the outside monitors will appear to bend in towards you more and more, therefore making 45 degrees, at those points. the incorrect angle.

It's the exact opposite once you move your eyes further and further from the screen; the image on the outside monitors will appear to bend out away from you more and more, therefore, again, making 45 degrees, at those points, the incorrect monitor angle.

EDIT: I just realized that you are talking about when NOT using multi-view. Ok my mistake. I was talking about multiview.

14. Andregee

Andregee Registered

The only thing that happens is that you deactivate the multiview setting. Make some screenshots, compare and you will see it.

Multiview on

http://www.pic-upload.de/view-25976466/MVON.jpg.html

Subview 3

http://www.pic-upload.de/view-25976467/Subview3.jpg.html

Mutliview off

http://www.pic-upload.de/view-25976468/multiviewoff.jpg.html

15. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Well, Subview 2 and 3 is to multiview, 0 and 1 is not.
    Problem with rF2 is scaling because my BenQ XL2420TE and Spinelli`s ASUS VG248QE don`t have same height and width and picture with res. 5760x1080 does not look similar, with my screens 90 deg.corner on the track looks like 120 deg corner and this makes racing impossible, I am forced to use FOV 38 in game to make 90 deg. corner to look like it is 90 deg. and this is not possible with Subview2.

Joe Campana wrote more than a year back that he is working with this problem and he mentioned that he is creating system similar to iRacing where you can specify monitor height and width to make scaling right, but it seems that this problem with multi GPU problems has low priority from ISI and it seems never to happen.

Subview 2
    [​IMG]

Subview 3
    [​IMG]

:)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2015
  16. Andregee

Andregee Registered

Where is the screenshot to compare multiview off? It is the same like subview 3.
    open wheeler are not very properly to realize the the wrong rendering

17. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

I'm kind of confused. I thought you said that changing that subview option makes RF2 work at a perfect 45 degree angle. Now you're saying that it depends on your FOV and monitor size as well, which goes back to what I said that there is no such thing as an automatic perfect 45 degree in-game setting, but that the distance from your eyes to your monitor, and your in-game FOV all make a difference as well as the angle of your monitors. Then you told me to not say things if I don't know what I'm talking about. So which one is it? Are you sure you even know what you're talking about?

To me it simply looks like subviews @ 2 = multiview on. All I see is a pic with multiview on, and a pic with multiview off. May you please show us a pic of this multiview-off-but-angled-at-45-degrees-instead-of-0-degrees setting you speak of? Thanks...

18. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

So you don`t get it? Go to iRacing and look how its done and if monitor size don`t tell you what is wrong I am sorry can not help you to understand simple thing like that better then I did in my last reply.

19. Andregee

Andregee Registered

Multiview on (subview 2 ist standart in config.ini)

http://www.pic-upload.de/view-25979087/MultiviewONSubview2.jpg.html

Multiview on subview 3

http://www.pic-upload.de/view-25979086/MultiviewONSubview3.jpg.html

Mutliview of

http://www.pic-upload.de/view-25979088/multiviewoff.jpg.html

No question, subview 3 turns multiview off.

The angle between the screens is fixed to 45degrees in rFactor2. In Iracing you can change it. The screen size the monitor size is only used to calculate the fov depending of the watching distance and that is what you should set manually in rFactor2

20. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Go to you video setup and you see that multiview has tick with Subview 3, it is on

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.