What is up with the optimization of this software

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sbishop1488, Jan 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Ari, you said that rF2 has a subview setting that, if you change, will mean a perfect image for monitors angled at 45 degrees. Then I said this is impossible, because you can't have that without specifying other values like your distance to your screen, FOV, etc. Then you told me to basically shut-up. So I ask you again: Please show us all this magical RFactor option that you claim to have been using. Please show us a picture of this magical RF subviews setting that automatically sets the image up to a perfect 45 degrees.

I'm waiting. All you've shown us so far are the same two things everyone knows about - multiview-on, and multiview-off. Please show us a pic of this third setting you claim to use.

You say it still uses multiview-off, but is designed to angle the monitors at 45 degrees rather than 0 degrees. So please show us a pic of this 2nd version of multiview-off that you claim to use. I am waiting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2015
  2. Andregee

Andregee Registered

After setting subview to 3 multiview is set to on in the video setup.

Compare subview 3 with multiview off, it makes everything clear.

3. Andregee

Andregee Registered

He doesn´t shows multiview off to compare because it´s the same like multiview on with subview 3( the magical setting) ;)

4. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Exactly as I thought.

Ari's basically just enabling and disabling multiview - simple as that. There are only those two options. That's it. Ari, you are simply enabling and disabling multiview, there is no such thing as a monitors-angled-at-45-degrees-instead-of-0-degrees-with-multiview-disabled option. It's simply multiview on or off.

End of story.

5. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

You rely make topic about nothing with out no reason what so ever. you have that magical rFactor2 Subview 3 multiview on but just to make it simple and easy I do it one more time for you.

No Multiview Subview 0
    [​IMG]

No multiview Subview 1
    [​IMG]

Multiview on Subview 2
    [​IMG]

Multiview on Subview 3
    [​IMG]

6. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

No I am not, Subview 2 and 3, rFactor2 / Launcher / Video setup, multiview has tick and that tick means multiview is on.

End of story.

7. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

The sample shot set at 3 looks totally flat like MV set to off. If I had to guess the subview setting really only has two states. 0 for MV off and 1 for MV on and anything greater than 1 will show MV on in rF Config but the game itself treats it as MV off. Sounds like a bug to to me.

So:
    SubViews=0 ; Off
    SubViews=1 ; On
    SubViews=2 ; Off
    SubViews=3 ; Off
    SubViews=4 ; Off

And so on. But I don't have three monitors to know for sure. Hahaha. Maybe someone can confirm.

Edit: Okay I posted too slow. Ari already responded.

8. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

0 looks like MV off, 1 looks like MV off, 2 looks like propper MV and 3 looks like MV off. Am I missing something? Is there really any difference in the images of 0, 1 and 3? Maybe I am just blind.

9. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Noel when I go to config and edit SubViews=0 or 1 rFactor2 / Launcher / Video setup, multiview has no tick and that tick means multiview is off, if I edit SubViews=2 and or 3, rFactor2 / Launcher / Video setup, multiview has tick and that tick means multiview is on. I made pics all 4 pics with fov 45 just to show how screen angles are with Subviews=2.

10. Andregee

Andregee Registered

With subview set to 3 multiview seems to be active in the launcher, but it doesn´t work and that is what your screenshots are showing. The only different one is with multiview on and subview 2, the simple multiview setting.

11. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

But from your screenshot, 3 looks just like 0. So what is the advantage to 3 if it isn't copensating for the angle of the monitor? Also, if you use rF Config to turn off MV and then turn it back on, what value do you get in config.ini? My guess is 2.

Also... have you tried SubViews=6... I hear it looks just like MV off but makes you feel really good about yourself. Hehe

12. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Lol!!

Ari, listen to me, Noel, and Andregee; there are only two options - multiview-on, and multiview-off. That's it. Simple as that. End of story. There is no difference between all those subview numbers other than just disabling and enabling multiview. Geez.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2015
  13. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

Subviews are extra monitors on a triple setup, so 2 Extra + 1 Mainview = triple head multiview.

Only valid values are 0 and 2.

0 is Multiview Off
    2 is Multiview On (2 Extra + 1 Main)

14. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Subviews=3 has different scaling then Subviews=0 or 2, with Subviews=2 you must use locked FOV and that FOV is depending what size you monitors are. If you are using Subviews=3 you have same scaling as you have with Subviews=2 but you can move you FOV without getting grazy screen angles like you can see here: http://i58.tinypic.com/3038obs.jpg

15. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Why does this happen:SubViews=3, rFactor2 / Launcher / Video setup, multiview has tick and that tick means multiview is on :confused:

16. Tuttle

I don't know but 1, 3 or 4 as 5 etc...are not intended to be working for something. Just 0 for one single head/render and 2 for two extra monitor apart your main one. If you think at it it's pretty obvious and the name of that variable say everything. Subviews=How many sub/monitors are you asking to be rendered as independent heads.

Triple Heads = 1 main + 2 (sub)
    1 Head (1 monitor or distributed along more than 1) = 1 main + 0 (sub)

17. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Thanks :) Just to info Subviews=3 has same scaling as Subviews=2.

18. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

This is how the whole convo started:

To which you (Ari) replied:

So you basically suggested that to Andregee when he said that using multiview-off will give a stretched/distorted image. Well, all that's happening with your suggestion is the enabling of multiview, rather than some sort of cure/fix for multiview-off stretching/distortion.

There is no "monitors-angled-at-45-degrees-while-multiview-is-off" option. No such thing. Just 2 settings - standard multiview-off, and standard multiview-on.

19. Tuttle

Honestly looks like your car has been moved forward between those shots.

As you see 0, 1 and 3 are the same (both car and scene with same projection), just with the car in a different position. Load those 3 screens in 3 different browser tabs and switch between them. I see the car moving forward.

I also just tried on my side, for me 0, 1 and 3 are the same output. 100%.

These are your 0, 1 and 3 in a sequence.

[​IMG]

20. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Those crazy screen angles are to compensate for your side monitors being angled at 45deg. Do you have all three of your monitors in flat? If so the MV off would work best for you. Because in that case you only have "one view" as apposed to multiple views, left, center and right.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.