Tyre wear and flat tyres

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Racefreak1976, Jan 13, 2013.

1. Racefreak1976

Racefreak1976 Registered

Look man, I never accused you personally of cheating. I'm not even sure if we ever had a race together.
    Besides, I already apologised for using the word cheating, because I couldn't think of anything better.
    So once more I'm sorry if I, for whatever reason, hurt your racers pride.
    Now, let's end this right here.

2. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

One of the promises of rF2 was flat spotting. I agree with the OP about how the current system is completely realistic. But every modern sim works this way- the quickest way to stop is to lock up the tires. This is what will separate rF2 from other sims. But we are still in beta, so don't get too upset- the tire model is far from finished.

3. Navigator

Navigator Registered

You apologized for messy posts. You stood by the word "cheating" ("will not take it back") and since I fit your profile; you "accused" me.
    I already ended it by saying I'm not joining tonight.
    Ended.

4. gorgias1976

gorgias1976 Registered

I really want you on track Wim, we must practice racing against other people in order to prepare for the F2 league.

5. Racefreak1976

Racefreak1976 Registered

By messy posts, I was merely referring to an unfinsihed post which my phone sent before I was done typing and therefore had to edit.

How on earth could I have known you fit that profile? I don't even know who you are to begin with!

How can I apologise for using the C-word and in the same post say "I'm not taking it back"? Makes no sense. The not taking back part was referring to me being pissed off by the fact that people intentionally "exploit" the absence of a finished tyremodel!
    Nothing more!
    You shouldn't take stuff personal, especially when someone is not even refering to you specifically!
    Not participating in a race because you feel offended by a post that initially had NOTHING to do with YOU is just childish! Sorry!
    NOW you can be mad at me if you still feel like!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2013
  6. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Thanks Gorgias, but I hope you get my drift when I say I can't do that now and don't feel like it anymore.

Racefreak;
    When you're posting something that offends a whole group of people, you can't expect someone not to be offended because you just didn't point him out. I know it was not directed to me personally, but when you something about a group of people......one might get upset.......African Americans may not be upset by a group as the "KKK"? Because they don't specify one person? Same thing.

Calling me childish and starting to get mad, is not necessary, I'm not mad either and since we race in the same league, better not call each other names like that.
    Strange you don't know me btw; we "talked" on the SR4L forum too.

7. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/...yVb6zfIp0DwhVaDQ9T4W3wEVBqEIYJEwQfe7SIJ5i4QjH

Really? I mean... REALLY?!

What he said refers to me also and guess what... nothing. I even PM him that it would be a pleasure to help him with improving his abilities. I don't know what's your problem. You are acting like he just said: "All the guys on the internet using Navigator nickname are dumbasses and their mothers are ugly" and by accident you are using this nickname and for only that reason you feel like he was aiming towards you. Man up, really.

And by the way. "African American" are black. Going by your logic, in Africa we have Africa Africans and in England - Afro English. I'm white not some freakin' "Polish Caucasian" and I have a black friend not "African Polish" friend. Don't really know why you even included races into this. Bit over a top in my opinion.

Calling names? Wut? He didn't use your name or anything offensive anywhere (using word - some guys are "cheating", I guess he meant they are using loopholes that exist because of unfinished tyre model. English isn't his first language [he even apologised if someone felt offended] and you want to shoot him in public because he is a mean guy, hooligan). Just give this guy a break. He said sorry in case anyone felt bad because of this and you still want to make him feel like douchebag.

He said that you are acting childish? Well he isn't that wrong. You are making a scene here because of your way of driving in a sim. In a game basically if we can call it that way. Either way it's your decision, don't participate in races if you don't want. It's about having fun and apparently you don't want to have it.

Tim, maybe you should close this thread before it turns into flamewar (Useless one).

Guys hug each other and stop it. Act like a grown ass men.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2013
  8. Racefreak1976

Racefreak1976 Registered

I getting tired of this, but ok, now you're starting to get real nasty. Are you calling me a racist? Ridiculous! I'm sure my wife would love to hear this, since she IS African.
    I'm not offending anyone, just stating what is on my mind. If I'm not allowed to do this, where is my freedom of speech?
    Even IF I, unintentionally, offended a group of people, none of them acted like you did. Your behaviour is, in my very personal opinion, childish. (freedom of speech again!)

I agree, it was not necessary but I did. Shame on me, because I just did it again. Yes you were, maybe still are, mad at me because you felt personally offended by any of my posts.
    By not knowing you, I was simply talking about not knowing your driving style. Answering to someone on an Internet forum, doesn't automatically make you "know" a person or his/her character.
    If it is your desire to make me look for another league, well, you almost achieved your goal. Just keep it up.

Sincerely,

a-guy-just-as-childish-as-you-are

P.S.: I was looking forward to tonights league race as much as you probably were. Not only did you spoil the fun for yourself but also for me and the guys who were counting on you to be there. Now let us stop this nonsense, it's not leading anywhere anyways.

9. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Ronnie, if you don't get it, you don't get it.
    We race in a league together and he insists I'm cheating in his eyes; THATS the point!
    He was pretty hard on that too.

And yes, african americans are black, yes, that was the point......I think you're missing it.

Don't know why you have to "have a go at me"? Friend of him?
    Maybe he can speak for himself though.

10. Racefreak1976

Racefreak1976 Registered

Tim, he is right. Shut this damned thing down or better yet, delete it lol!

11. Racefreak1976

Racefreak1976 Registered

Come to think about it, this might be a great basis for a strong rivalry in league races sometime in the future. :D You don't have to love me, bro. I sure don't love you.

12. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Guys, just don't hang up everything on the african american thing; you're old and wise enough to know that was an example. Don't try to make this a racist thing. You know that's not what it was for.

Desire to get you out of the league? WHY?
    I even answered you on that forum this afternoon; we might not agree, but we can "coexist".

"None of them acted like you did"........yes, but we would do a race together tonight......and I don't want to compete if you think (I leave the word accusing out) I'm cheating.

Race is over; F2 and I'm in because I don't lock up that much there; case closed and back to racing.

13. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Hence my "coexist" ;)

14. Racefreak1976

Racefreak1976 Registered

Thank you!

Again, I don't think you are cheating!

15. Racefreak1976

Racefreak1976 Registered

This must have been very amusing for everyone except us, Navigator! At least some had their fun tonight lol.

16. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Good to read that.
    If I were, I would be a lot faster ;)

17. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Nope. Not his friend. It was the first time we spoke today. Maybe I want to be decent.

So what you are racing together. Does it make it more offensive to you or less? He apologised, he said that he is just upset that many are using unfinished tyre model in their advantage and he wished it wouldn't be a case with finished physics. That was his point. Not saying that guys who do it (including you) are awful cheaters and should burn in hell.

I will repeat myself: man up.

18. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Hehe, I was just thinking the same thing.

19. Racefreak1976

Racefreak1976 Registered

Navigator, let's race! You pick the server.
    Everybody else is of course welcome.

Oh, and don't brake too hard. ;)

20. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Well, I wanted to go in the F2, but the "get mod" don't work........
    Maybe Paul had placed a link in the forum, I'll look into that right now.