TOURING CAR REVIVAL (Converted by xFactor)

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by R1CHO, Mar 30, 2014.

1. davidporeilly

davidporeilly Registered

20171027_161401.jpg
    This pic (if I loaded the right one) is a bit special.
    As a 12 year old in 1971 I supported my Uncle Ray Lintott at Warwick Farm in Sydney where he raced Lotus Elan and later a Torana GTR XU1. In the Torana I spied on his rivals for intel on tyre choice in wet/ changeable weather.
    It was many years later in 1990 that he campaigned the Sierra (prepared by Dick Johnson).
    Later still he came 2nd in the Targa Tasmania twice (to Jim Richards).
    Also racing at Le Mans and for the Dodge team at the Daytona 24 hours.
    Ray passed away 2 years ago.
    With this mod I raced at the Nords.
    Who put it on pole?

Edit: I found a pic from Warwick Farm 1971.
    Warwick farm 1971.jpg

Last edited: Dec 16, 2017
  2. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

Thanks to @philrob for updating the textures to Albedo.
    UPDATE 17/04/18
    BMWM3 EVO DX11 (philrob) http://www.mediafire.com/file/xxxikq1j1bf8zxe/TCR_BMW_M3EVO_v042b.rfcmp
    BMWM3 gauge needles fixed www.mediafire.com/file/u2xvwopkkbr59mx/TCR_BMWM3_v042.rfcmp
    BMW 635 - Albedo maps (philrob) www.mediafire.com/file/rk5rki668n1hw61/TCR_BMW_635_v042.rfcmp
    TWR - Albedo maps (philrob), fixed gauge needles www.mediafire.com/file/dcbk15c9d40ibjj/TCR_TWR_v042.rfcmp
    VOLVO - Albedo maps (philrob) www.mediafire.com/file/idqzxqzb1c1l2dp/TCR_VOLVO_v042.rfcmp

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
    yashiman, John, toebee and 3 others like this.
  3. Flaux

Flaux Registered

Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
  4. Obbzy_XR_

Obbzy_XR_ Registered

Hi Flaux,
    Unfortunately the original creator of the Merc (and a few other TCL models) has declined to give xFactor Racing the rights to bring the remaining cars across to rFactor 2. Perhaps, one day, we will get permission, or new models?

Corti and bwana like this.
  5. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Member

There's a GTR2 DTM Classic mod I had permission to convert to rF2 but it is sitting on my TODO list and not getting any closer. Would your team be interested in having a look? Would be fantastic addition to M3 DTM. Please PM me if there's interest.

And, thanks for this fantastic mod :)

PirroC, bravotangosix, Corti and 2 others like this.
  6. SlipperyJim

SlipperyJim Registered

"local anachronism"???? The Texaco Sierras had the front guard flares raised and the inner guards modified in order to allow running 17" wheels/tyres without fouling when the suspension bottomed out on humps like down Conrod Straight. The outer flares were also not of the material that the road cars flares were made of. Blind Freddy could see the external flares were different and not in the correct place, but FISA chief scrutineer Marcel Servais apparently could not! Maybe some one should have gotten him a cane and dog! That said, it took a very trained eye to see that the internal guards were also modified, they were incredibly well done, but they were proven to be because the Australian scrutineers took mouldings, and those mouldings and mouldings of a road going RS500 were presented in court when Eggenberger challenged the disqualification. Here is a pic showing a side by side comparison (actually taken at Bathurst 1987) of one of the Texaco cars and a legal Sierra RS500. Also in the pic is evidence of fouling in the legal Rouse Sierra RS500. You be the judge whether they deserved to be disqualified.

Attached Files:

bravotangosix likes this.
  7. SlipperyJim

SlipperyJim Registered

G'day, I loved the origianal TCL mod in rFactor and really appreciate most of the mod being brought over to rFactor 2. BUT I have a serious problem! The AI cars continually roll over and either destroy themselves or crash over the boundary fences and hence are out of the race. Am I the only person to experience this? Every make of car in the mod does this! When I am driving any car through the dipper at the Bathurst 2012 track the car rolls over into the fence unless I go through at walking pace!

I believe this is due to the tyres having far too much grip (especially true when you consider I did a 2.08 in a carby VL Commodore at the Bathurst 2012 track!). To test this, I exported the tyre model to rFactor 1 and the AI cars proceeded to roll over every hard corner. Now this can be fixed by either changing the tyre model (a laborious task for more than one make of car) or lowereing the C of G figure to between .19 and .2 in the cars HDV file. the latter method worked fine in rFactor 1, but I cant get my head around on how to do it in rFactor2. If I change the HDV file then export it to the MAS file rFactor refuses to load the car because of the CRC correction check. I believe I would have to some how export all the changed MAS files into a rfcmp package and reinstall it? How do I do export everything to a rfcmp package?

Attached Files:

8. toebee

toebee Member

Check out the first few links. It sounds difficult but is easy once you have done it a few times

9. bravotangosix

bravotangosix Registered

@Nibiru I know you already have your hands very full mate but I don't suppose there's any word on updates for these awesome automobiles?

The Iron Wolf likes this.
  10. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

All I can say is sometime this year maybe.
    Now that some documents have been published by S397 I'll be trying to add that to all my car and tracks.

elnando8, pkelly, Magus and 13 others like this.
  11. bravotangosix

bravotangosix Registered

You sir are a star! :D

12. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

BMW M3 EVO v0.42b

Again a big thanks to @philrob for this update

change log
    further Albedo DX11 levels inside and out
    white multispoke dx11
    pitcrew dx11

RF2 engine file 356 hp @ 8750, 300 nm @ 8250, lowered compression, slight change to torque curve*
    Some RF2 additions/removals to HDV plus inertia, mass*
    new spec/bump*
    new glass with lowered tint*
    CGHeight=0.200

www.mediafire.com/file/xxxikq1j1bf8zxe/T...MW_M3EVO_v042b.rfcmp

I think I will start a new thread next time this mod gets updated unless I can get permission to edit the first post.

It's going to become a mess otherwise.

nipzon, pascom, Corti and 8 others like this.
  13. Alby46

Alby46 Registered

any updates? i'd really love any for this mod

14. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

It would be nice if the links from the first post were all updated with the latest versions.
    @R1CHO
    @Nibiru

Thank you very much.

15. Corti

Corti Registered

Nibiru likes this.
  16. MK-Motorsport

MK-Motorsport Registered

Corti, mantasisg and Brack Jabham like this.
  17. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

This is one of the mods which is must have to me. Absolutely great. IMO if only steering wheels had more polys I'd call it perfect :D

When I drive Commodore of this mod it is absolutely like I expect it,lots of grip, lots of snap oversteer, quick to loose grip, solid steering feel matching the the grippy tires. It is awesome !

I have a sweetspot fot Holden cars, I think they are best, perhaps because I own Opel Omega, which has a little bit of it. I am not happy about how Commodore has turned out this year... On one hand I was happy that such car would be available in europe, but then have to realize that it is not the same performance car.

18. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

19. Jyyka Pihtari

Jyyka Pihtari Registered

If you're interested in real suspension geometry for the Sierra RS500, I could do it for you. Even a total physics overhaul, if preferred.

20. Andy Bonar

Andy Bonar Registered

Been searching everywhere for this mod, remember having some great league races on rfactor 1.
    I guess its unlikely now to be developed any further for rf2?