To all the people complaing about no DX11 :)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Spinelli, Apr 21, 2012.

1. Kristoff Rand

Kristoff Rand Registered

frankly I'd rather use http://www.freetranslation.com then try to decipher half of it. their grasp of the language just comes off as rude through and through and rude begets rude... it wasn't an attack anymore than the attack on your work... perhaps you should worry more about defending your product than playing hall monitor. whats-more if you spent half as much time posting answers to our hundreds of questions in the modding channel as you did playing hall monitor alot of us might be further along. I mean no one has even fixed the dozens of work stopping errors in the tutorials, simple typing errors... I mean have you even been in the car modding forum? has anyone from ISI been in there? because we sure don't see anyone. with the Exception of Mianak who tries to help but I think he's an alpha tester. you'd think someone with answers would stop by like once a week... or maybe once a month and answer some questions. but hey you know I only talked like 15 people in to buying this so...

p.s. the reason people learn English is because it's of benefit to them... not to me. the same reason they teach it in almost every school in the entire world... it's the language of money. and if your use of it makes you sound rude, then it's not really helping you too much and you could go as far as to say I'm helping them by pointing it out. because the two Polish guys Maxym and Patryksok always come off as raging rude condescension.

but yeah keep "attacking" me cuz you know I don't try to help anyone around here.

2. NoClue48

NoClue48 Registered

Kristoff,

As a fellow American, I'd like to ask you to please get off my side. You are coming off as a language bigot and it is, frankly, quite unbecoming.

In my previous life prior to my retirement, I spent twenty years working with people from Asia and Europe whose first language was definitely not English. To a person, these people were extremely grateful to me for taking the time to try and understand their English in lieu of correcting it or pointing out their mistakes.

Oh, and their English was far better than my Japanese, Mandarin, Dutch, etc.:)

3. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Thanks Tim and NoClue on my and Alesi's, Maxym's, Patryksok's behalf.

nikos, just trying to communicate in english.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2012
  4. peterchen

peterchen Registered

I´m personally very glad that rF2 is DX9
    and I´m very hopefull that ISI DON´T change this!!
    DX9 means that people like me, who don´t want to buy Win7 but using
    the "good old" XP, are able to play this game!

That makes the community bigger.
    ANd man - some of you know how many people are just playing GP4 or even GP3!!!!
    And are even still modding for this old stuff!

Simracers (and foremost the modders) are a very special species;)

We like to "work" with the games and have fun with it many years! Isn´t it true?
    SO pleeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaase ISI stay at DX9!!!

cheers,
    Pete

5. Uff

Uff Registered

Wrong. It's the way Dx11 (and Dx10 too, afaik) works that makes it a huge improvement over Dx9. Tessellation is just a feature Dx11 brings.

6. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

any references about "huge" improvements?

7. Max Angelo

Max Angelo Registered

Some comparative videos

8. Max Angelo

Max Angelo Registered

9. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

Yeah, good videos Max :)

Mountains have additional tesselation in DX11, but overall look is pretty much the same.

10. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

At this point, I suggest to stick this thread up and close it. It's good answer for all who doubt in DX9

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2012
  11. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Thanks for the vid´s!
    At some points DX9 looks even better to me, when there is a
    noticeable difference at all.....
    Subject ticked off.

12. Alesi

Alesi Registered

ha.. Max`s video good, BUT rf2 not even close to this graphics level))))

13. FONismo

FONismo Registered

I agree this is a great point. All those games listed all look excellent graphically to start with. I like rF2's graphics really but would love even more candy in all honesty. Another title that doesn't really change graphically between DX9 and 11 is pCARS.

But isn't really the point of DX11 that it utilizes the system more and offers better performance? I though it helped the CPU aswell as extra eye candy

14. djt

djt Registered

Yes that was the point some of us were trying to make. Do a search on GPU compute or DirectCompute if you want to learn about the real advantages of DirectX 11 over 9.

The video card isn't just for graphics anymore.

15. jv27

jv27 Registered

@NoClue48

He does not care. He is very critical of other people and very standoffish. It is best to ignore him. He knows everything and everyone else knows nothing.

16. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

Well rF2 better catch up. Look what Project cars just updated...... BAC Mono: more glossy exhaust

17. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

don't you want rf2 look like this?
    [​IMG]

18. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Gulp!!!

19. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

pCARS has some impressively detailed models for sure, but its true area of (s)excellence is its graphic engine. Which both makes the game look good, but also performs unbelievably well.

20. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

AH.. but was that DX11 or 9?

and would it have made any difference.. Because I don't think it would.

It is a completely different game/sim whatever you want to call it. I am sure a model that complex could be loaded into rF2 it is up to the graphics engine to light and shade it like that.

EDIT:: I wonder if you rolled that car on its back if that turbo would still be darker on bottom than the top. I feel like this was designed and textured in a way to fake shadowing.