To all the people complaing about no DX11 :)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Spinelli, Apr 21, 2012.

1. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

All I have to say is, check out a fairly new game called Hard Reset, or The Witcher 2, or Metro 2033 in dx9 mode, or even Crysis 1 (especially with mods), then come tell me dx9 cant look freaking amazing lol. Go download the free Hard Reset demo or Metro 2033 demo, max out the graphics, 1080p it and let me know just how crappy dx9 is and how badly dx11 is needed in order to make a game look beautiful, lol. Go, download it, check it out yourself first hand....

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2012
  2. Kristoff Rand

Kristoff Rand Registered

I think DX11 really only gives tessellation as an improvement.

3. Alesi

Alesi Registered

ha.. no one says that dx11 need. BUT RF2 doesnt look like (graphics) Hard reset, Mentro2033 and others, not even close!!! RF2 looks awful.... and need a lot of WORK, HARD WORK!!!! (if they are a small team they should ask for help!) but isi instead of making optimization and work on graphic level (physics too), works on content. bad idea, very bad!!! start working on graphic level, make it great, then start on content and licensing!!!

1 person likes this.
  4. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

the same has been said a multiple times in various discussion: game doesn't look bad because of DX9. I'm glad that there are other people who know this fact.
    What I'm afraid is that there will be no significant improvements or these will appear too late, forcing all modders to revise products.

But we will see. We can start betting if gold will be ready in about 4 months and what improvements it brings.

2 people like this.
  5. Kristoff Rand

Kristoff Rand Registered

You should work, hard work on your English...

6. privatebrian

privatebrian Registered

For me the beauty is skin deep,it's about the personality not the looks (although it looks good to me) and RF2 has plenty of personality.

7. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

A thing can't have personality ;)
    Some people also mix two things: beauty and real look. For some of us "real" means "beauty". And I believe it should be expected in simracing community.
    But looking on screenshots I sometimes trying to guess what author wanted too show 'cause screen doesn't look real nor beauty ;)

8. FONismo

FONismo Registered

OP you forgot both SHIFT titles, also DX9 and still look good apart from all the over the top stuff. With iRacing confirming DX11 support, i really do hope that ISI consider bringing in a DX11 render engine in the future

9. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

DX11 can help in areas that neither ISI nor modding community would be able to exploit properly.

It doesn't matter if we have DX9 or DX11 in rF2 - we will still get exactly the same stuff from modders.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2012
  10. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

This thread is only going to turn into a flame war. Actually it's half way there already.

11. privatebrian

privatebrian Registered

wished i had not said anything lol.

12. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

'nuff said

thread closed

13. privatebrian

privatebrian Registered

I think that's what i was trying to say thankyou MarcG.

14. Traveller

Traveller Member

Where is the love for DX10? :)

15. Mitt Wilson

Mitt Wilson Registered

You are out of your crack smoking mind Alesi! RF2 in noway looks awful, Your saying a game looks awful that is in BETA MODE- ISI is still smoothing out gameplay issues hell give them time before you make just crazy comments like that.....

16. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

I think, reading some texts from people that seems to understand about graphics, there will not be many improvements on graphics at this stage. What you seing is pretty much wwath you see in last version release of rf2.

17. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

Lighting is everything. You can only have so many high res textures and high poly models. Getting everything lit convincingly it the key. 90% of the time that means modifying the RGB output of the sun, atmospheric scattering and pixel shaders. Now with rF2 we need to look into HDR as well.

18. Bart S

Bart S Member

Look ppl chill and have hope, the graphics arnt going to get touched much till the end of beta, right now all they are concerned about is game play and physics. They add little features here and there and get feedback, sure hdr is an issue they are constantly working on with every update this effects everythings so needs to be right from the start. The effects that make the difference that your waiting on will be added towards the end of beta as they will most probably depend on hdr to be fixed and set in stone. You've probably so much to see yet thats not there yet, being honest the game looks Pretty amazing in my opinion the only thing i'd really like is a little more refinement in AA. At max AA i still believe it could have little less jaggies in full hd, its the road markings that are spoiling it for me and arnt quite there yet.

19. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

I hope you are not right. HDR is only postprocessing. If they tune it for current state of gfx, they will have to do it again after lighting improved. Lighting is the first thing which should be fixed (in gfx area). Other effects like hdr should be added further.

20. Bart S

Bart S Member

The current state of hdr will always effect the final result of other effects such as bloom which i know is mention to be added by the team itself. You maybe right about lighting but hdr and lighting go hand in hand like a marriage, its a balance just like night to day.
    Not to mention every track has a different long and lat coordinate and time of day as well as time of year. Hdr and lighting to be done correctly needs alot of trial and error as well as evidence and camera angles to work with, ontop of that is the weather, its a massive job that needs sorting first before any effects.