Thrustmaster t300 Recommended FFB MPs each car

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by msportdan, Mar 16, 2015.

1. msportdan

msportdan Banned

ill try again but i did change both controller ini, the default one and my custom one. It a shame just these 2 cars the f2 and f3.5 maybe these ffb need updating maybe. The clio for example 1.0 is too high and end up reducing to 0.80. ffb..

2. msportdan

msportdan Banned

aligning torque

where is this setting/value?

im sure im not the only guy with a thrustmaster who has this.?!

3. msportdan

msportdan Banned

the only thing the cars im happy with (most tintops) will now be ruined or too strong. :(

4. msportdan

msportdan Banned

okay okay i understand now... sorry mate.

So i may turn up the F2/ren FFB mp and reduce the offroad mp... that sounds a better alt.

5. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

Perhaps you're right paul. I have never tried playing with it myself. The only thing that makes me think it works like i illustrated in the graph is due to the description in the controller.json file.

And this change from linear to non-linear response curve is what i think of whenever i hear "sensitivity curve". Because when we change the curve response for the pedals ingame for example, that is a sensitivity curve. When we change the response curve of our flight sticks to the virtual sticks in sims that is also referred to as the sensitivity curve in most flight sims.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2015
  6. msportdan

msportdan Banned

you have both been helpful thanks guys.

Thats what i was after, the fact i could get the F2/ren to feel good with the wheel and higher FFB, but then when i went off track my wheel would get violent. So reducing the FFB offroad multiplier to 0 will fix these 2 cars, and will just leave a weaker offroad for the others, but i can live with that. :)

7. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

Cool. The only possible downside from lowering the ffb strength off-road is that it might be more difficult to drive on the grass now without spinning. When i went from my csr-e to my t500, whenever i did go off track, driving the car on the grass no longer became a spin-fest. Something i attributed to the much increased ffb strength of the t500 over my csr-elite wheel.

8. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

Ah, ok. That's interesting. So the ffb signal reported from the TechAde's plugin looks to have the same ffb response with either extreme end settings to the STS? If so, that could very well indicate what you are saying about how it works in reality. But at the same time, could there be a chance that the STS affect on the final ffb signal sent to the ffb wheel is just not shown in the plugin. I.e. that the plugin is showing the pre-final ffb signal that is before the STS function is applied (e.g. STS being a post effect)? I'm not saying this is the case, just wondering if it's a possibility.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2015
  9. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

hmm, that's a fair point though i haven't test that myself. So the pedal response changes with the linearity change in the ingame settings to them?

Without testing for myself then and provided your correct that STS does not work as i've described, i can't imagine/see how it is working then.

10. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

But if this is true, that changing the sensitivity/linearity of the pedal response in the rf2 controller menu does not show it's effect on the pedal plugin, then wouldn't that support my possible hypothesis that sensitivity/linearity functions are post effects and that TechAde's plugin may simply not be showing the input/output signals after these sensitivity/linearity functions have been applied?

Or have i misunderstood you there?

I'm just trying to be thorough. Yes, i haven't tested it at all (and I can't atm eitehr) so you are most definitely more experienced with it's function in practiced than me but there are some things that still don't seem quite right to me, hence the 20 questions and little bit of remaining doubt.

11. TechAde

TechAde Registered

Slightly OT: I think it does if you switch the ini file to show you filtered inputs rather than unfiltered. Haven't confirmed that though.

12. msportdan

msportdan Banned

actually having lowering the offroad ffb has made it actually feel like your off road, feels all loose and slippery hhmmm im using 0.15

13. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

Ok, I'm confused Paul because first you say "it does show the effects on the pedal plugin" which sounds like your saying you see the effects of the sensitivity/linearity settings on the pedals but then you say "it has to show the accurate position of the physical pedal" which sounds like the opposite.

If the plugin showed the pedal input readings after the sensitivity/linearity function is applied, it would still work. For example, if the linearity/sensitivity is set like the "high" curve, then 0% pedal input would still show 0% in the plugin, 100% input would show as 100% on the plugin and 50% input would show as something greater than 50% on the plugin. That's all. 100% input on your pedals will still correspond to 100% in the game and plugin (unless you add upper deadzone).

14. TechAde

TechAde Registered

The ini file is in UserData, if I remember correctly. On phone so can't check right now sorry.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

15. msportdan

msportdan Banned

Hhmmm

Using as high as 1.50 is just too high. Yes it sort the loose turning wheel at slow speeds but major bumps etc are too harsh. So using .85 ffb and just gonna live with the light wheel although at speed the wheel does get heavy. I'll keep the 0.15 off-road as I like the light feeling as the wheels loose traction on the grass.

16. TechAde

TechAde Registered

Here's an example ini:

[General]
    OverlayEnabled=True
    OffsetX=0
    OffsetY=0
    BarWidth=10
    BarHeight=50
    DetailedLog=False
    FilteredInputs=False

Set FilteredInputs=True to have it display the inputs after any filtering/sensitivity curves etc. have been applied. I think that's what it'll do anyway. Basically there are two sets of inputs available via the API, filtered & unfiltered, and toggling FilteredInputs toggles which the plugin displays.

17. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

I can't test Paul but maybe you can get a chance to see if FilterInputs=True now shows the STS function changing the ffb response in the ffb bar in TechAde's plugin?

18. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

Fair enough on the filter setting not changing the results in the plugin bar. But by the sounds of things, we seem agree on how the STS affects the ffb response unless i'm mistaken.

So with a lower STS value (than default) the the majority of the ffb output strength from the sim feels generally weaker/milder whilst the peak (i.e. 100%) ffb output feels the same in strength/torque. Conversely, higher STS value makes the majority of the ffb output strength feel stronger (e.g. feels like a stronger self-aligning torque in the low-end/background) whilst again the peak (i.e. 100%) ffb output feels the same in strength.

Does that sound right?

19. TechAde

TechAde Registered

If you use the telemetry csv plugin I wrote you'll get both filtered and unfiltered in the data so can plot them together and see exactly what the differences are.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

20. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

Oh, nice!