Thrustmaster t300 Recommended FFB MPs each car

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by msportdan, Mar 16, 2015.

1. speed1

speed1 Banned

Did i mentioned that STC has an effect. :)

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Yep, I completely forgot about the relatively new feature lol

If only I'd read speed1's post more carefully... :rolleyes:

3. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

lol

me 2. :p

sorry speed

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2015
  4. speed1

speed1 Banned

I always enjoy to read and learn more in detail by the clever analyzis from you all. :)

5. Ricknau

Ricknau Registered

My brain locked up about 4 pages back...

So do we need a new guide? Or is the old guide still applicable? Or can this thread be boiled down to say 1000 words?

Or can you just tell me and the OP how to set up a T300! hehe

6. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

If you mean the guide in my sig (should you wish to try it), is it still applicable? yes.

But regarding part 2 of it, i know I've been told before but I can't quite remember (sorry), what is the exact procedure with current rf2 builds to set "steering torque minimum" values that take effect in game (e.g. which file and where is it located)?

It used to be just the controller.json file UserData/Player folder (if I recall correctly). I've had a fair few people tell me that doesn't seem to work (anymore) though.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2015
  7. danielsantana07

danielsantana07 Registered

Hi, Guys. My T300rs arrived last saturday. I had a T500rs for about 1 year, and my first wheel was a G27 (about 2 years). I remember when i upgraded from the G27 to a T500rs that was awesome, a huge diference. And, like people say, the T500rs make the G27 seems like a toy.
    Before i buy the T300rs, i had read a lot of reviews. Generally, the T300rs owners say things like :

1 - The wheel has strong ffb, less than T500rs, but still strong. (Ok, i can live with that.)
    2 - The wheel is quicker than the T500rs (Great!)
    3 - The wheel is smoother than the T500rs (Great again!)
    4 - The wheel is more precise the T500rs (It is no easy to measure that and the T500rs is very precise, so i didn't took this in consideration).
    5 - The FFB is more detailed than the T500rs (Good, but i think that it depends a lot of the Sim).

Then, now i'm driving the T300rs for a week and what i feel is:

1 - The FFB is a lot weaker than a T500rs. I mean a lot.
    2 - Really the T300rs is quicker in counter steering. It seem like the wheel helps you in counter steering. I need to get used with that, but is ok. However about to be faster in ffb response, i could not feel that. Maybe due the weak ffb, it seems slower.
    3 - Yes, the T300rs is smoother. Very smooth.
    4 - I can not say that, it is pretty much the same.
    5 - I can not say that again, but with a weaker ffb, maybe i can't feel some details that i used to feel with the T500rs. Also, in corners i feel the same force all the way. It is something like a spring that pull the wheel back to the center (the same resistance all the way) and the ffb is all about that, i still can feel the kerbs vibration, but nothing about loosing grip, tyre or other stuff.

Now i am wondering if my wheel is defective. I really don't know.

Anyone with the same experience?

I really sorry about my poor english.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2015
  8. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

Sounds like you may have "auto-center setting" enabled in the game controller t300 profiler.

9. msportdan

msportdan Banned

I still think rf2 ffb is somewhat to loose. My t300 I'm using ffb 1.20 just to get some weighted wheel

10. cosimo

cosimo Registered

This.

Matches precisely the result of my tests (on a T500).

Changing the JSON with control panel dampening set to 0% will have no effect.

11. danielsantana07

Auto Center is in: controled by the game (default).

I am really trying to like this wheel. But i am still thinking that it is a smoother G27. T500rs is in another league.

12. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

hmm, but you say it still feels like there is a self-centering spring effect in the ffb background?

13. danielsantana07

I'm trying change these settings in JSON but it's not working. After changed and saved, i try to enter the sim, but the sim alerts about invalid JSON.

14. danielsantana07

Yes, when i am turning, there is a strong force pulling the wheel to the center. If i release the wheel, then it backs to the center very fast! And it seems overwhelming all other effects.

15. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

But when your stationary, no centering force when you turn the steering wheel away from the steering straight position?

Also, do you know if your ffb ingame is clipping? I.e. since moving from your previous ffb wheel, have you increased the car specific ffb multiplier as well (possibly in response to it feeling weaker?)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2015
  16. danielsantana07

No and no. Maybe I need a little bit of damping to get used to this wheel. I am thinking that "cogging" in T500rs used to avoid me overreacting.

17. speed1

speed1 Banned

Maybe you don't feel a difference because of some effects are multiplexed and the details get lost, or it is the result of the BLDC motor, the maybe reacts different on STM.

Can anybody do me a favor and check the controller.json file after the STC value, and what is set by default there ? I did a update with the new Build an don't know if the set value is standard, as i don't remember if the STC line was in the specific controller profile json before and now isn't, because the standard t500rs profile didn't icludes the STC line anymore, but i also don't remember if i edited my specific t500rs controller profile and add it manually into it.

Thanks in advance ;)

18. deak1944

deak1944 Guest

"Steering torque capability":2.5,
    "Steering torque capability#":"The maximum torque capability of the wheel (in Nm, obviously)",

19. speed1

speed1 Banned

Than everything is clear. Looks like i added the line myself into my t500rs file or it was removed with this build, because the standard profile didn't includes it, but more important was to know what value is set in the controler.json as standard, the with 2.5 Nm seems still similar the builds before, where i set it to 12Nm with my profile. Thank you ;)

20. Korva7

Korva7 Registered

It is possible that belts in ffb mechanism is loose. Yesterday i tightened my belts from TX and it feels much better now. There is adjustable tensioner for the other belt and the motor belt can bee tightened by loosening motor's screws pulling motor up a little and then tighten the screws.