Thrustmaster t300 Recommended FFB MPs each car

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by msportdan, Mar 16, 2015.

1. Korva7

Korva7 Registered

For me setting low (0.1) coefficent and high saturation (1.0) felt better for some reason. With high coefficent there was wierd small vibration when damping was happening. My wheel is tx.

Btw. What saturation means?

2. msportdan

msportdan Banned

Feels fine on all other Sims my wheel. And some cars in rf2 like the howsyon or clio

3. speed1

speed1 Banned

Either you don't like the rf2 ffb of the other cars or your ffb setup phylosophie is off, when we can leave out the tx300 as the reason in general.

I for myself feel good with my personal setup phylosophie with every car in rf2 apart from the F2. Is it perfect ?,...no , but very good.

4. Ricknau

Ricknau Registered

Set it to "by the wheel" and 0%. The default "by the game" is 12%.

5. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

Really? I'm surprised to hear that.

6. msportdan

msportdan Banned

this is my exact feelings. Most cars feel awesome< !! Some feel numb>>

7. Korva7

Korva7 Registered

I posted this first to another thread but this thread is more appropriate for it, so there it is.

What kind of damping/resistence settings you people use?
    I did some testing and end up to these settings:
    "Damper" in wheel control panel: 100%
    "Steering resistance coefficient":0.01,
    "Steering resistance coefficient#":"Coefficient to use for steering resistance. Range: -1.0 to 1.0",
    "Steering resistance saturation":1,
    "Steering resistance saturation#":"Saturation value to use for steering resistance. Range: 0 - 1.0",
    "Steering resistance type":0,
    "Steering resistance type#":"0=use damping, 1=use friction",

It was difficult to decide wheter to use damping at all. Tested between "Damper" in wheel control panel set to 100% and 0%. Now i think that the steering wheel feels more like a real cars steering wheel when using damping (100%) and with small "Steering resistance coefficient" it don't feel like it was loosing details from ffb.
    For some reason it felt best to me with "Steering resistance saturation" set to 1, but i don't really know what that setting does. Default is 0.1.
    My wheel is TX.

8. JmbJr

JmbJr Registered

Hello all,

I know this thread is slightly old, but I just thought I could add my two cents.

After much read and lots of data gathering and analysis, I am a point that I can share what I have done without not being completely wrong or misleading.
    So I played around with the STS, using the Skip Barber at Joesville and used TechAde Plugin to gather the SteeringTorque and FFB outputs from the car (BTW, I have a T300RS). For my tests I used STS=0, 0.5, 1 and 2. Also, set both min Force and smoothing to 0.
    These next two figures are the comparison from STS = 0 and 1 (first figure) and STS = 1 and 2 (second figure)
    View attachment 19195
    View attachment 19196
    (I've also included a high-res pdf of the figures)
    View attachment 19193
    View attachment 19194
    You can clearly see the influence of STS on the FFB that is sent to the wheel.

My goal (which I still haven't figured out) is to see if I can "linearize" the output of my T300 using some STS value.
    So far, I managed to, I think, figure out the mathematical model ISI in applying to the FFB (the description TechAde conjectured seems to be right).
    The normalized SteeringTorque vs FFB is the following:
    FFB = [1-STS]*x[SUP]2[/SUP] + STS*x, where x is the SteeringTorque. This might not be any news to you, but I thought it would be a nice addition to the discussion

However, I haven't managed to figure out how apply this to my wheel response.

If anyone is interested on taking a look at what I've done, here is the link to the spreadsheet with the data.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/dspgaiismdqqr4v/T300 - All Forces 100%.xlsx?dl=0

I know that FFB is very personal, and one might like a non-linear response than a linear one, but I think that if we can have the tools and the necessary knowledge (direct rather than feeling) to understand how the sim behaves when FFB parameters are changed and how it is reflected to your wheel than more people like me might benefit this. As I said, ultimately, we dial our FFB based on felling but it does not hurt to have some data to back it up.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2016