The REIZA DLC.....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dady Cairo, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

My question is: if you dont notice the difference... does it matter it this is the v2? Do people just feel better if devs say it's updated? lol

McKiernan, Emery and Filip like this.
  2. TOCA2FREAK

TOCA2FREAK Registered

Posted on Reiza forums here.

Alex72 and Mauro like this.
  3. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

Thanks, that's good news. Where did you get that info, if I may ask?

Juergen-BY likes this.
  4. doddynco

doddynco Registered

The 'pre v2' tyre model is fine - Rfactor 2 still had the best physics before the update by a mile. It's extemely subtle - nothing really changed from the players perspective but the way people on this forum go on about it is like s397 implemented rubber because they realised the tyres were made of cheese.

Also, there are loads of amazing cars which still use tyres from before that update - I was driving the Megane yesterday (one of the excellent older cars) and I didn't oversteer into a wall somehow. It still feels absolutely stunning.

I see people complementing the gt3's like rfactor never felt this good... it was always like this, it's just now the cars are shiny.

5. tpw

tpw Registered

Some of the subtlety of the new tyre model is lost on me I'm sure, but tyres not rapidly (over)heating if you get in the grass was certainly a welcome development.

Alex72 and doddynco like this.
  6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@tpw I don't think those parameters are reliant on the newer model.

7. Martin Dyrlund

Martin Dyrlund Registered

They just need to fix that a slip angle of 15 degrees is OK and is just as fast as driving realistic with slip angles of 7-8ish.

8. LokiD

LokiD Registered

If it wasnt for the merc I would say i nOtice the new models nuances. But to me that and the srx feels like the old " too light at slip angle" model. And it's not down to steering geometry or weight as these two couldn't be more far apart yet feel the same.

But that's just my opinion I prefer the newer cars, but your mileage may vary.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2019
  9. tpw

tpw Registered

I’m sure you’re right mate, but as long as none of the new cars’ tyres don’t melt on the grass, that’s enough for me!

Alex72 and Lazza like this.
  10. doddynco

doddynco Registered

You have no way of knowing the difference unless you have the exact same car/setup with both v1 and v2 tyres.

The fact that you think the Merc, with the new model, has the same problem as the old model, answers your question - the 'feeling' you are having is absolutely nothing to do with the tyres.

You should perhaps make a bug report to S397 saying 'different cars feel different'

mantasisg likes this.
  11. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

According to Michale Borda blog QSA fix was biggest change since introduction of CPM. IIRC difference was that at high speeds Radical used to slide more.
    Regarding Merc GT3 I also think light FFB on high slip angles is not because of new tire model.

12. LokiD

LokiD Registered

I can feel the difference. Not with exact same car but just similar classed cars Like isi old gt cars which didn't feel like a real steering rack at all. Compared to the new gt cars. Which tyres feel like rubber and not wood. But its possibly more down to an evolution in the whole cars physics rather than just the tyre. But I'm happy for the evolution and I can't go back.

Most of the gt cars are similar in feel you can't say they don't. But the broken merc which doesn't feel like any of the other 10 or so gt cars.

But I really cba with this pointless debate. Been there done that and massively off topic.
    So....

Good luck

13. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

14. Lazza

Lazza Registered

You can't reasonably think that tpw is arguing for zero friction. Surely you don't think a tyre sliding on clover will heat as much as a tyre sliding on concrete?

Question is, how does generated heat compare to coefficient of friction and other surface characteristics? The new surface parameters suggest grass does a LOT less heating.

15. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Yes, but there is still heating, just at different rate. Thats what I thought, I thought that it is realistic to melt tires on grass too, it will just take more time for it to happen, I think.

But I don't have any idea if there is something wrong with heating on grass in rF2, I don't use grass very much :D

16. tpw

tpw Registered

The fact that none of the new cars overheat on grass and a substantial number of old cars do, might suggest that the devs were aware of it as an issue and corrected it. I'm not on this forum to argue for the sake of arguing.

17. John R Denman

John R Denman Registered

Heat from sliding on grass does occur but not as rapidly as pavement. As surface temps reach about 170° (not carcass temps) depending on the humidity the water in the grass begins to evaporate. Phase change of water to steam (or evaporate) consumes 1700x the heat so the delta T of the tire is severely reduced starting about 170° F; by 212° tires on fresh grass reach a stage of "entropy" where they simply cannot generate enough heat to exceed that temp.

mr.Sw1tchblade and Juergen-BY like this.
  18. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@John R Denman the parameters regarding heating from various surfaces are in the real-time section and not related to the QSA adjustment made. I suspect they would even work with the previous model. Not sure if you meant to reply to a model related statement tbh.

You raise an interesting point, which is that some parameters would appear to benefit from lookup tables instead of defined curves.

avenger82 and Juergen-BY like this.
  19. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

The subject is very interesting.

@John R Denman Those are interesting figures. Is the grass moisture effect independent to speed ? For example if car would slide through field of grass at 100 km per hour speed, would it still give away as much heat energy for grass surface ?

I am sorry. I did not know you prefer not to discuss things on this forum.

20. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

I dont mean this one, this didnt "change" the car behavior. I meant the QSA, I see some questions about it, I think if people need to ask then it doesnt matter, it's just a psychological effect lol