The REIZA DLC.....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dady Cairo, Oct 11, 2018.

1. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

You put it lightly. I find F-Vee frustratingly difficult in rF2:)

mesfigas likes this.
  2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I think this is where personal preference, or simply which one you try first, can have a big bearing on how things seem. Not that you've actually said one is better or more realistic than the other, so I'm not suggesting that.

Renato said this: For the most part the difference between the Vee in AMS and in rF2 is down to the tire model and that includes thermodynamics, it´s quite different and actually more accurate in rF2 where temperatures build up very quickly when the tire is sliding which is a significant problem for drivers in the real series.

source: https://forum.reizastudios.com/threads/the-reiza-rfactor-2-bundle-is-here.5791/page-2#post-39733

To me it seems people are quite eager to find differences between games, and then having found some difference (which may just be perceived, rather than actual) will find some reason that one or the other is better. But trying different games, even with very similar content, the overall feel is often just a bit different. Something about the game design and the way the environment is presented can make drawing direct comparisons very difficult. People still like to do it though, and it's great to see the rF2 / AMS collaboration because it allows a truer comparison, and it's also great that Renato honestly describes how they are different (or perhaps more importantly, how similar they are).

I got the Reiza DLC, albeit on sale as I never bought AMS and wasn't sure I'd enjoy the content (for AMS backers I'm sure it's a comfortable experience, driving the same cars in rF2), but from the small amount I've played so far I'm glad I got it.

3. Akela_DE

Akela_DE Registered

i've tried the Vee in RF2 first and the car behaviour is just bad. No grip at the rear, always throwing the back end out, with 70km/h! and cold or hot tires, softest supension etcpp doesnt matter. In AMS its nice to drive, very predictable, funny little VW. I will not touch this "thing" in Rf2 again :D. But the Pumas and Moros can be really fun.

avenger82 likes this.
  4. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

You are not going to learn, you are not going to learn.

David Kolody likes this.
  5. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Is FVee that bad or are people driving it wrong? Like GP Legends.

6. Stevy

Stevy Registered

probably, like always, a mix of both :D

7. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Try it :D

In my mind it is one of those cars which you must at first take baby steps and take notes for a while, but after that you pretty much can drive normally, well perhaps still have to use higher level of concentration and don't get too confident, perhaps know your ways with a setup too.

So yeah it is not a no brainer car, it really is one of those cars which some guys after driving it will come and say "hey do you know that harder doesn't always mean more realistic bla bla bla". It is that car.

8. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Like the Skippy and Formula Ford then.

9. Akela_DE

Akela_DE Registered

DrivingFast likes this.
  10. Michael K.

Michael K. Registered

It's always entertaining, to see People, that probably never have driven the real Car, discuss about it's Behaviour in a Simulation.
    I must go and get some Popcorn. :)

11. GeraArg

GeraArg Registered

Will be cool if Reiza add the front lights for the P52, with the incoming Nordschleife, that car plus the GT3's, MCR, ISI Clio & Megane will have a pseudo VLN grid.

12. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

+1

13. Filip

Filip Registered

I see many real life examples of low speed spins.

14. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

The Vee has to be petted with constant light gas bumps. Very gentle.
    The bias of the differential is completely open. Zero downforce front and back. Then the minimal tires. Yes, it will be difficult.
    But if you master it, you can drive any car. Whether it is realistic? No idea!
    I have never driven that thing.
    I probably will never.
    But you can learn a lot from that "thing".

I love it!

RaceNut, AlenC and Magus like this.
  15. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

Honestly, I do not think at all that the physics of this car allows to simulate correctly the real car.

I can not believe that this car is also unstable IRL.

16. Redpxl

Redpxl Registered

Few pages back in this thread posted by Renato

link to his post : https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/the-reiza-dlc.61402/page-28#post-982634

So yeah the car can spin.
    Once you learn to be careful with your inputs, brake earIy (heal and toe helps imo) in a strait line and no trail braking, it become easier to control the car, I don't really have a problems driving the Vee and actually find it fun and rewarding.

17. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

No trail braking? Why?
    Maybe I must try that too..

18. Filip

Filip Registered

mantasisg and Redpxl like this.
  19. AlenC

AlenC Registered

Formula Vee is fun car to drive in AMS and in rF2.
    I'm just wondering if anyone noticed an odd behaviour in rF2: with manual clutch enabled, the car will move on its own if in gear and with clutch disengaged. In 1st gear, even with brakes on!
    Does this happen to anyone else? It could be a part of the diffucult handling of the car in rF2 if the engine still sends power to the wheels while braking or coasting...

20. Redpxl

Redpxl Registered

I find the car easier to keep on track and actually faster if you do all your braking early and get back on throttle to control the rear and rotation of the car.