The first update - Build 60

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Feb 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

No, I mean:
    You do performance tests today (18.02) and not provide any PC spec. in that post (as you have them listed in your profile).
    Tomorrow, you go to shop and by new CPU and GPU (let's say, they are much, much better than what you had at the time when doing tests). After that upgrade, you refresh your PC spec. in your forum profile.

One week later someone is reading your tests posted on 18.02. Then that person is looking at your system spec and is confused... because your new PC spec are different than those you had when you were doing those tests, but that person don't know about that, because in your post with tests you didn't mention anything about hardware you had at that time so that person assume nothing changed in your PC since you did the tests (which is not true).

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2012
  2. ironyltd

ironyltd Registered

Great update!

Running (2) GTX 590 hydros in Quad SLI, all four GPU's 35-50% load, all settings at max, HDR=on, FXAA-on, AA level=8. nVidia control panel profile = 4 gpu force frame rendering 2
    150 to 200 fps at Mills

All is well, thanks to ISI

3. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

Decrease for me too on FPS :(.
    Did some tests before and after update. Same settings, most of which are on High or Full. 1920x1200, AA Level 3, AF=4. Sync=none. HDR=on. 'Application controlled' in video drivers.

Monaco track,
    GP F2 cars,
    Single player,

Back of grid, 14 AI cars.
    Old build=36 FPS
    New build=12 to 15 FPS

On the Grid, 0 AI cars
    Old build=68FPS
    New build=51FPS

Green bar 100%, Purple bar 40%.
    MSI Afterburner software shows 50 to 60% GPU usage.

As with the old build I get the most FPS in window mode.
    Not tried online with new build yet.

I found with this new build I too get input lag. I can drive 3/4 of the way round SPA all fine then my wheel would go laggy, I would move my wheel, then 1/4 of a second later see the on screen wheel move. Hard to control car. Start of next lap would be fine again. I'll do some more tests tomorrow and then maybe I'll make a new thread on that.

----------------------------------------------------
    CPU E8400 @ 3.2GHZ, GeForce GTX 560Ti 1meg

4. badbob137

badbob137 Registered

having a big problem when i am installing it and i need to browse a folder. is say that i cant update the current version
    what is going on

5. toebee

toebee Registered

So I removed my userdata folder from the moddev folder and restarted devmode to create a fresh player file. Then I set my settings and all is good now. I'm guessing I changed something in the plr it didn't like.

6. John.Persson

John.Persson Registered

We really need a performance test function. That will display your average fps after one replay is being played.

And there should be a default replay that ISI put up (ships with demo/final), that everybody test against.

That's how we alwaysed done in quake atleast :)

7. BasJon

BasJon Registered

okay I did what you said which helped a little they were higher, now I have applied the vsync using video mode and
    now smooth again, although I think not entirely sure that I have a l little input lag on my g27. thanks again

8. BasJon

BasJon Registered

sorted now tim thanks :)

9. [NAR]Steve

[NAR]Steve Registered

Does the FXAA setting apply only to Nvidia cards? Or does it enhance AMD cards too?.. And, What exactly is it? :confused:

10. Blaktop

Blaktop Registered

All fixed, problem was unrelated to the update.....:)

11. MJP

MJP Registered

Ok preliminary testing shows little change in average FPS on my standard test (Outlap in Megane@Mills InnerloopB under AI control). 1920x1200, 4xAF (set in nvidia CP), ingame settings on LOW (circuit/player/opponent/texture/special effects) everything else OFF.

Interestingly max framerate seems to have dropped but min framerate has risen! More importantly there's a noticable reduction in frametime 'flutter' on the ingame histogram.

It's the middle sector at Mills InnerLoopB that seems harder on my pc and here's a graph showing a 50sec clip of frametimes (which covers all of sector 2) Build49 v Build60. Build60 is noticeably smoother despite the small reduction in average FPS on this section of track.

Frametime Build49v60.png

12. Ryno917

Ryno917 Registered

Can anyone tell me how to get the skins working? I see no component folders and trying everything referencing the 60s cars in the PLR files brings no results. As far as I can tell my DDS is properly named (MS7_3alt.dds). What must the folder it is in be called for the game to see it?

13. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

14. Mitt Wilson

Mitt Wilson Registered

When I get on the Track My screen is Black! I have the HUD,Mirrors but no Vehicle info for the hud AND OR Picture its just black./...

15. Guineapiggy

Guineapiggy Registered

FXAA looks great to me. Had similar visual and performance enhancements in Skyrim too. FXAA is frankly just damn clever.

16. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

17. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

tis a pain in the butt to install on an off site dedicated server...without a license you cant run the launcher..had to end up using ftp and uploading the whole updated rFactor 2 Core folder from my own pc

*Edit...can run launcher but it wont let you update without a license

18. Gjon Camaj

Gjon Camaj Registered

You do not need a license to run a dedicated server, nor to update using the launcher when you manually put the update file in the update folder. You only need a license to use the auto download feature.

19. Pumbaa666

Pumbaa666 Registered

Thanks TIm

20. SmellySkidmark

SmellySkidmark Registered

The update went fine, frame rate is about the same around 60fps, but the track animations eg flag marshal's & pit controller are very slow. Anybody else get this?

SS

edit: I did the rename the *.plr file that gave me a new file, all is good again

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.