The first update - Build 60

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Feb 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. neilbv11

neilbv11 Registered

Thanx Tim

2. BasJon

BasJon Registered

Okay I will say since updating for me things have badly gone worse my pc is very high spec see my specs supplied under my profile, before the update everything was great so smooth everything on full, apart from sun and shadows turned off, now with update I get this sort of flicker or stutter as im driving I see it worse when going around slow corners, I have tried adjusting a few settings but no change. Also now when I watch as admin on server I see the cockpit view that the steering wheel no longer moves and the sounds of peoples cars dont quite sound right and you dont hear them change gears anymore. Also when i load into server before as soon as the track was loaded it would take about 2 seconds then I would be in server and goto garage or settings or race, now there seems to be a delay and then i see all the drivers being added down the page slowly, thats the drivers that are already in the server before me. Im at a loss what to try next any help would be appreciated thanks Jon

3. John.Persson

John.Persson Registered

A smooth update, but not that much fps diffrence here, more like same same. But it felt nice to drive atleast.

i5 2500k / 16 gb ddr3 / ATI 6950 2 GB

All settings and effects maxed and no VSYNC settings. around 45 - 60 fps online with 5-10 cars.

4. Tom Morgan

Tom Morgan Registered

after update i lost 5-10fps,massive online lags and strange framedrops.

4x4ghz,560ti,win7/64

5. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

In CCC Anti Aliasing choose "override application setting". That will double your frame rates. I have mine set at 6x edge detect 24x

I know everybody wants to max out graphics settings ingame but you're going to have to turn some down or off altogether if you want 100+FPS for the time being anyways.

6. BasJon

BasJon Registered

Also can I ask how I update my servers that are located else where I run servers from my home which is fine I use my email and pass then update, my server in london is not registered so when I try to update it says I need to purchase game, do I log into the server using my account from home thanks

7. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

Actually did notice this, sort of. Before when the FPS dropped below 30 the AI cars started stuttering pretty heavily, now there's no sign of that.

8. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Another quick test in SLI with my 2 GTX 460 with 20 cars on track (Historic 60 and Monaco race start at 18h00).

The Core Load reach 100% in the Card #1
    The Memory Load reach 98.6% in the Card #1
    The Core Load reach 8% in the Card #2
    The Memory Load reach 98.6% in the Card #2

9. BasJon

BasJon Registered

okay thanks I shall give it a try :) but I dont want to sound a whinner but if it was all good before patch maxed out why now do I need to lower settings.

10. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Let me know how it works out for you.

11. slawek

slawek Registered

Unfortunately no FPS increase for me, I would say even decrease. AMD X2 2.4 GHZ, GF8600GT, 3GHZ

12. Grotesk

Grotesk Registered

nice i`ve got 8fps more then before and when does the nissan come? I cant wait for the nissan i love the GT1 cars thats what iam waiting for since christmas

13. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

You're auto-updating, which doesn't work (and never will) without a paid account. You need to do it manually like the first post in this thread is telling everyone to do, by putting the patch exe into the updates dir and then running update from the launcher. Let us know if it doesn't work doing it that way for any reason.

14. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

Better performance will be visible mostly for those having HDR enabled. You probably have this off and in that case (from what I see after doing some quick tests) fps increase is marginal.

build 49:
    1. HDR off: 33
    2. HDR on: 27

build 60:
    1. HDR off: 35
    2. HDR on: 32

With build 60, enabling HDR will eat about 11-15% (at least on my PC: i3 2100, GTX 260 SP216) so now it's even more reasonable to keep HDR on and lower or turn off other graphics options to keep good fps.

15. Sean_S36

Sean_S36 Registered

If your not aware yet , Just like to inform you that you don't need to write in your PC specs as they are available where your avatar is on the bottom right.
    Cheers.

16. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

Now imagine, one week later he does another hw upgrade - different CPU and GPU. Someone then read that post, look at his spec. under his avatar.... it might be confusing :)

17. toebee

toebee Registered

I have taken a performance hit in dev mode since the update. Anytime im on track my fps is under 50 and very choppy. However if I exit and watch a replay from the same view its smooth and my fps is in the 100's. Single player seems fine.

18. Foxtrot

Foxtrot Registered

The update install was easy without any trouble. Testing in the 60's classic@Spa (really the only cars I drive in rF2) I have mixed feelings.
    I got a great framerate increase, but now I get the dreaded micro-stutters that others have talked about in B49. I'm also noticing a lot more shadow/texture flickering on buildings and walls(I had a little of this in B49 but nowhere near as bad as B60).
    I'm having issues with the in-game sync options, getting screen tearing regardless of setting. I'm thinking the in-game setting just isnt working for me because when I tried video sync(yes I hit apply) I went on track and did over 80 fps with a 60hz refresh rate.

19. Favio

Favio Registered

Hi ISI guys, thanks for the update, a lot of things are fixed, but other not, at least for me... When HDR is ON i still have some crashes an pc reboot or go to desktop, anyway i have more stable game with al settings to max, FXAA, HDR off, and I have 40-60 fps (its seem to be locked at 60 fps, there some file where I can change that?).
    I have some problems to set v-sync, sometimes save my change and some not, i dont know where to choose the option, in game?, configure sim? or config.ini?.
    The LCD tire temp still have bugs.
    Whatever, it's great to have an update, keep up the good work!.

20. Sean_S36

Sean_S36 Registered

I think that is why you can edit the Specs Supplied Link , So you no need to write in posts and viewers can click on the spec supplied link for reference?
    Sorry if I'm misunderstanding this option.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.