[WIP] SuperCharged Miata Level1

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by PlickBadger, Jun 17, 2014.

1. PlickBadger

PlickBadger Registered

uploading v.94 now

v.94 change list:
    • fixed gearbox options - really I did this time, I swear ;)
    • added 1008 degrees of rotation steering option in tuning
    • modified steering lock options to provide a lower steering lock of 6 and upper cutoff of 40
    • improved wiper graphics in cockpit
    • possible rear LOD fix

I haven't been been able to speed up the AI and I'm not sure I'm going to be able to do much with them.

Also, these are still down to 181 HP from 185 in v.92 and have ~2% less grip than v.92

Unless there are any issues that need to addressed, this will be the last beta version before the release.

2. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Waiting for it Mr. PlickBadger :)

The amount of HP versus amount of grip seems pretty good to me in v0.93. Only thing I need more testing: I didn't catch any noticeable differences between rear downforce set to 2 and set to 1 (minimum). Possibly just me as I was pretty tired when I tested. i'll test again deeper.

So far, it's a blast!

Oh! minor thing: the bump view seems kind of low, I usually expect to have height similar to eye or nearly similar. I understand bump view mean bumper ;) Juts that sometimes I like it without any cockpit (like some friends who play on my rig) and in this case is lightly too low. Nothing important, it's a car I appreciate to drive from cockpit view more than bump one ;)

3. PlickBadger

PlickBadger Registered

Alright here's v.94

v.94 change list:
    • fixed gearbox options - really I did this time, I swear ;)
    • added 1008 degrees of rotation steering option in tuning
    • modified steering lock options to provide a lower steering lock of 6 and upper cutoff of 40
    • improved wiper graphics in cockpit
    • possible rear LOD fix

Hopefully there's no major bugs in this version. I've also retrofitted all the v.94 changes into the SpecMiata mod, so SpecMiata v.1.10 will contain the v.94 updates as well, except the gearbox selector, since that's not Spec :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2014
  4. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

sadly it finishes always like this! Some one of the old GPL hard fans comes here and says," damn I don't like it, it is too grippy and I can't feel the ice under my butt, so please make it less grippy":rolleyes:

5. Andy Bonar

Andy Bonar Registered

Really enjoying this mod, thanks very much for the hard work :)

For anyone interested, a single event is planned for Monday 30th June here:

http://bit.ly/1l2Rtn1
    All welcome ;)

6. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Hi PlickBadger,

Saturday I was making a report when the forum was turned down so I lost it :( I was frustrated not been able to send it to you...

In any case, this is what I remember I noted from v0.94 (which could be there from previous version, not sure):

FFB for Miata is noticeably stronger than on SC1 Miata. I used the same exact profile for both car (FFB multiplier and steering lock 756 included). You can feel this anywhere. E.g. I first noted it just by exiting my pit box at Thruxton as you have to immediately make a 90 turn to the right when exiting. On this really slow curve the wheel is more resistant and send data to my hand with the Miata. With the SC1 Miata I can turn using my smaller finger and I have no feedback (I first thought I needed to relaunch the practice session as it happen sometimes I lose all FFB in my wheel. It's rare but happen). I can understand we have a difference in feeling due to difference in grip and difference in speed on speedy curves. I don't understand such difference on slow curve or even idle time. If it's relative to grip (not sure at all) grip is upper for the SC1 AFAIK so I thought we should have an heavier wheel in slow curve. Anyway, just test it, as I don't think this is just me ;) Of course when driving fast I also feel this FFB differences as I have pretty less feedback and resistance on my wheel with SC1 Miata versus Miata even if I try to go at the same speed, so it's a "global" issue.

In other words: FFB from SC1 Miata is really lighter than FFB from Miata for all same settings. Note I didn't try to raise the FFB multiplier of SC1 Miata to see if I can catch the exac same behavior than Miata. SO possibly you intentionally lowered FFB for SC1. In that case you know what to do: just ignore my remark! ;)

Second small thing:

It could be intentional so ignore it in that case: In car list view, the 4 or 5 last cars have a different name convention as an "_" appear in the name (Same for the standard Miata).

Waiting for news! :)

7. PlickBadger

PlickBadger Registered

Nothing has changed that would affect FFB between version v.93 and v.94

It's possible you're feeling the affect of the rear wing. That would be my guess, but I will test this out.

Also, the names with the _ are intentional due to duplicate numbers on skins.

8. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

I also confirm that there are differences between ffb in these two versions of this car. SC1 I run with 0.65 ffb multi and Spec Miata with 0.9 ffb multi. I didn't see this as a problem because both feels good with those values. (T500 RS here)

9. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

PlickBadger, I didn't touch the rear wing of SC1 so my test was with default value (2 AFAIK). With both FFB multiplier to 1 the difference is easy to feel as I said, even at really slow speed.

In any case, that's not really important as I will also raise like TIG_green the FFB multiplier for SC1 if needed, not a big deal at all ;)

Edit: T500RS here too.

10. PlickBadger

PlickBadger Registered

ok cool thanks guys. I'll test it out and see if I can see what's going on. I think it might be the difference in the [realtime] grip values of the TGM file.

11. Ricklandia

Ricklandia Registered

Very nicely done Plickbadger!
    I drove an original 1.6L Miata for many years as my daily driver, these two mods brought back many fond memories!

12. jrcn50

jrcn50 Registered

I've tried 0.94 version and here are my feelings (just my personal taste with my T500RS , and I'm not at all an simcar expert lol) :

1) gear ratios are much better
    2) grip is perfect for me
    3) The steering wheel is easier to turn than in previous versions (but this is not a huge difference!) And the FFB a bit weaker (but not dramatic).
    You can change it a bit by changing the aerodynamics (downforces) and increasing the "caster" ... and the FFB multi, of course. But if PlickBadger could improve it, it would be perfect!

Overall, it's a great success!...Many thanks to PlickBadger!

13. jrcn50

jrcn50 Registered

I've tried an interesting change (for FFB and steering wheel stiffness) on my T500RS windows controller (not in the game!) :

before : 60% overall and 100%constant/100%periodic/0% for spring and damper
    now : 65% overall (or a little more) and 100% for all others!

in the game: FFB multi=1 and default setup (you can vary the rear downforce for the fun : 1 is the funniest and 4 the safest)

With that, the car's behavior is fantastic!

14. PlickBadger

PlickBadger Registered

15. jrcn50

jrcn50 Registered

And what are your FFB feelings, with these parameters, for the SCMiata?
    I notice that you choose 0% for auto-center settings in game instead of 12% (which is recommended) : is it important?

I'm going to try your settings with the SCMiata.

16. PlickBadger

PlickBadger Registered

Auto-Center Settings: by the game - the 12% is greyed out :)

I found these settings on this thread

17. jrcn50

jrcn50 Registered

OK for the "grey-out" 12%...my bad, I'm not very smart!!;)

Yes, your settings are the same as those of DrR1pper : the FFB is stronger and so the steering wheel is stiffer and I did my best laptime (on LRPnochicanes) with.
    But I prefer a bit my last settings (65% or even 70% like you with 100% elsewhere) because my driving experience is better with!...it's my taste:).

Well, all that is a bit details, your two cars are wonderful : more I drive, the more I love them!

18. jrcn50

jrcn50 Registered

That said, these windows settings are very important and it would be nice if every simdriver driver indicates his wheel and its parameters.

19. PlickBadger

PlickBadger Registered

I think I found the root cause of the FFB difference, so that'll be fixed in the release

20. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Great! you found the cause! I spent again sometimes yesterday and this car seems perfect for me! :)

Can't wait for the release, and the next step: I'm really curious to see how much amount of fun can be a SuperCharged Level 2! :)

I was first afraid the SC1 (and SC2) to hide the value of the standard Miata. I was thinking: people will not drive the Miata and they will jump in SC1 or SC2 instead. My concerns is not good, as it depends the track you play on. Some are better for SC1 and some for Miata. It's perfect! I also tried the adapted Clio you made (I missed that few months ago) and it's really cool to be able to have both type of cars fighting each other. Once again: Great Job and thanks for all this PlickBadger! :)