[WIP] SuperCharged Miata Level1

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by PlickBadger, Jun 17, 2014.

1. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Man, just when I gonna sleep! ;) Thanks for this new version, I'll test that tomorrow, my eyes are closing them-self, pffiiuu ;)

2. PlickBadger

PlickBadger Registered

Ha! no rest for the wicked! ;)

3. PlickBadger

PlickBadger Registered

beta v .93

change list
    • gear ratio/gearbox file name fixed - thanks MJP
    • very slight grip decrease [~2% less grip]
    • very slight power decrease [4 HP less]
    • brake light fix

4. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

OK, no worries as it's so minor thing and doesn't bother while racing. I'll try to fiddle with some settings later on. I'll also try with default settings after fresh installation of forthcoming rF2 build because it seems the problem may exist on my side only.

Nice to hear chassis flex is also implemented!

5. Black Dice

Black Dice Registered

Thanks Plick!

6. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

Thanks! Did some googling also and these values were mentioned many times: 2,7 turns lock-to-lock; 972°; 15:1 steering ratio; 32,4° steering lock. Those values are probably for quite new models. Couldn't find solid information about what kind of modifications racers are doing other than recommendation to use the power steering version as it has faster steering ratio compared to manual. Also there were some kits available to disable the power steering.

Anyhow it's good to know what kind of values would be considered realistic. Current default setup has tad slow steering (at least to my liking) as it's 756 / (2 * 21) = 18:1. Also my formula rim doesn't suite slow steering which kind of sucks. Should get round wheel also. Your original HDV values would have had steering ratio of 1008 / (2 * 35) = 14.4:1 which is almost identical to those found by googling. 14.4:1 with wheel range of 756 degree would mean steerling lock 26.25. Tried 27 degree steering lock (14:1 steering ratio) which I felt pretty comfortable with. Little bit of difficulties when rear gets lost bad but that's mainly because of the formula rim. Maybe I'll settle into 13:1 because of that.

7. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Thanks, PB :)

8. PlickBadger

PlickBadger Registered

The exact stats are very hard to find regarding this. The issue is that the factory specs with power steering enabled are a quite different than when you de-power the steering rack. The stats you list are completely accurate for the factory setup with power steering, but once you remove the power steering rack, typically spec miatas have 1008°s of rotation instead of 972° and you end up with close to a 18:1 steering ratio.

This can vary for sure, but the mod is based upon the typical results.

9. jrcn50

jrcn50 Registered

Hello, I've got an issue with the latest version beta v .93 : if I choose six-speed gear box in "tuning" rF2 crashes at the end of track-vehicle dowloading but it's ok with 5-speed gear box...Am I the only one to get that? (the track was LRPnochicane)

I forgot : I choosed paddles for shifter.

10. PlickBadger

PlickBadger Registered

nope, this is a bug - sorry. I'll get it fixed in the next beta

11. jrcn50

jrcn50 Registered

Ok, thank you. Otherwise the car (5-speed gear box) is awesome, max fun!

Another thing, yet, the AI is very much slower during the race than during the practice (but,perhaps, it's usual? or you still didn't work with the AI? If so, ignore my comment!).

12. PlickBadger

PlickBadger Registered

I believe I have the gear-box bug sorted. It's a really weird one though, so I'm just verifying its solid, before I put release another version. Regarding the AI can you provide the following details so I can recreate the scenario

Track
    Road Conditions
    AI strength
    AI aggression level

I know the AI are very slow from a standing start and I believe this might be related to the rolling resistance in the .tbc file.

13. jrcn50

jrcn50 Registered

Track=Lime Rock Park no chicanes/ Road conditions= sunny (29°C) autosave realroad (heavy!) practice at 10AM
    AI strength=93%/AI agression=40%/(10 AI drivers)
    lap times : practice= between 1'00" and 1'01" / qualif= 1'01" to 1'02"/ race= about 1'03" and more! (there is about 3s gap between practice and race for the AI)

14. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

T500RS owner here. Could you please include upgrade to 1008 degrees (I mean, exactly how it's supposed to be) in both versions (original Spec and SC)? I can help you with that, if you have any trouble.
    By the way, do you still need some help with BaulkTorque?

Thanks for such a great mod!

15. PlickBadger

PlickBadger Registered

That's a cool idea - 1008 degree upgrade option.

Let me play around with that

I believe I got the BaulkTorque/H-Pattern shifting working the way it should, but I'm open to ideas for improvements.

I won't be releasing patches for the SpecMiata Mod for awhile, because that can get painful for folks.

What I'll do is add any baseline improvements such as this to the SuperCharged version and then go back and make a single update to the SM with all of them at once - make sense?

16. Marek Lesniak

Makes sense. In fact, in the future you might consider releasing both versions as a one package.

With BaulkTorque, for me at least, is to go down low enough so you cannot shift fast (sort of automatic transmisison effect) without lifting throttle or using clutch, but not too low, as that will affect fast shifts with the stick. For my GT4 class cars (Porsche 911 GT3, BMW M3 E92 etc. with ca. 400Nm peak engine torque) about 150Nm for BaulkTorque works quite well.

17. boxer

boxer Registered

Thanks PlickBadger.... great work on these.
    These are lots of fun to take around.

18. PlickBadger

PlickBadger Registered

I really want to keep them as separate packages. It's cleaner and easier for me that way.

I currently have BaulkTorque=140.0

When you refer to peak engine torque. Are you referring to the actual Nm peak in the engine file?

19. Marek Lesniak

Yes, as that's what basically goes into gearbox.
    It was more like an indication, what value or relation between engine torque and baulk torque, might work fine for you, as a starting point.

20. Flatspotter

Flatspotter Registered

I liked the normally-aspirated Spec Miata, but it was a little too slow for my tastes. The supercharged version is much more to my liking.

Thanks for this fantastic mod!