[WIP] SuperCharged Miata Level1

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by PlickBadger, Jun 17, 2014.

1. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

I'd like less but not based on accuracy just personal preference.

2. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Having a blast racing Clio SC1 against Miata Supercharged, but the Miata blows away the clio on the straight. AI 100% strength and 50% aggressiveness, AI were slow..but still, I was struggling on the long straight. I think human against human, the clio has no chance :)

3. PlickBadger

PlickBadger Registered

The SPCMiataL1 is definitely faster on the straight - no question about that. However, the Clio SC1 is faster in the corners. You really need to be testing at a track where the AI is dialed in - like Loch Drummond Short. I could drop the HP slightly on the SPCMiataL1 - that's easy.

4. PlickBadger

PlickBadger Registered

I am considering it, but if I do it will be a very small amount.

5. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

The Clio is defo faster in corners...would love to have a race with mix cars and humans..that's how we will know :p

lemme give it a go at Loch Drummond Short :)

Edit: yeah, clios have the upper hand here (LD)..though I was lapping 2 secs faster than AI here.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2014
  6. PlickBadger

PlickBadger Registered

So do you think I slight drop in HP on the SPCL1Miatas is necessary? It's at 185 now.

7. Andy Bonar

Andy Bonar Registered

Well, I was a bit critical about the standard car.
    Ive installed this one.

I love it :)
    Even on default setup round thruxton, it handles great. Very nice work indeed :)

Reminds me of my trusty old Eunos ;)

8. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

I would leave it as is for now until we do some real races as cannot really measure against AI :) Having said that, I think it depends on the track...one will have a slight advantage on the other at times and vice-versa...this is gonna be really interesting!

9. FlyinFinn2

FlyinFinn2 Registered

Very good mod, still have to find the best AI settings, and the steering at low speeds is a bit sensible, but is great! Thanks

Enviado desde mi iPhone con Tapatalk

10. PlickBadger

PlickBadger Registered

Alright, I'm uploading beta .v92 now. It has been completely renamed to help UI sorting and contains all of the skins.

11. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Maybe you could put some pictures in the first post... thx

enviado mediante tapatalk

12. Rony1984

Rony1984 Registered

awesome driving experience! I like the amount of grip. One little bug?: with the 6-speed gearbox version, the 5th and 6th gear have the same length(3.50 with the basic setup). Other than that very solid.

Thanks again for sharing!

13. kimikaze

kimikaze Registered

Slightly less grip(or more HP, but then will not be good match for clios) will be better IMO for fun factor, something between standard and SC. Great work and thnx for sharing.

14. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

Tried all kinds of different settings trying to find out what causes the behaviour. Didn't matter if I changed wheel settings (from Windows Game Controllers -> Fanatec Wheel Properties, from wheel itself or from rF2 controller settings). Tried different settings from controller.ini (dampening and friction based). Also tried different caster, camber and toe-values with no luck. Only thing causing the effect is when steering lock is increased from default value (car setup at garage) so somehow this is most likely the root cause. But is the problem rF2 itself or is there some definitions which need to be added/altered in the mod? Unfortunately this is where my knowledge ends. But let me know if you want me to test some stuff.

Btw used max 55 degree steering lock with default steering wheel range of 756 degrees. I've always prefered fast steering which allows one to catch slides better and also makes possible to drift. However recently I've begun to use realistic steering locks/ratios so I'm curious whether 55 degree steering ratio is realistic? I mean sure one could build something like that but is this something which some real-life Miata-racers are using?

For those who are confused about these locks/ranges/ratios then check out my old posting with image containing Grandma's explanation of steering wheel range, steering lock and steering ratio: :)

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...-wheel-range-steering-lock-and-steering-ratio

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2014
  15. PlickBadger

PlickBadger Registered

Thanks. I look into this, but the gear ratios were taken directly from here and should be accurate

16. PlickBadger

PlickBadger Registered

Thanks for the detailed info. I'll do some testing. The 55 is not realistic. I just left it in there so people could do some whacky stuff with drifting if they wanted to.

A spec miata has 1008 degrees of rotation in real life, but most folks don't own a wheel that will do this.

I originally had the HDV setup as follows:
    //1008 degrees
    //TurnsLockToLock=2.8
    //SteerLockRange=(10.0, 0.5, 92)
    //SteerLockSetting=36

But opted for the following for a higher degree of wheel compatibility with users.
    //756 degrees
    TurnsLockToLock=2.1
    SteerLockRange=(10.0, 0.5, 92)
    SteerLockSetting=22

17. PlickBadger

PlickBadger Registered

There's a video in post #22

18. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

My 1GB high speed download limit was reached and I although I tried it wouldn't load. Spanish mobile data service is awful. I am out of home and I cannot connect to my wifi.

enviado mediante tapatalk

19. PlickBadger

PlickBadger Registered

20. Andy Bonar

Andy Bonar Registered

Does this use the same paint template as the standard car mod?