Spotter sounds (again)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PRC Steve, Dec 15, 2012.

1. Max

Max Registered

here's a question. Tyre sounds can go to 200%, why cannot spotter's volume go to 200% if so desired? And I also agree that seperate settings for each sound would be great, wind, tires, spotter etc.. Thanks

2. JGraf

JGraf Registered

i ain't got no spotter sounds either.

[​IMG] < got a animated flies on poop emote though...

3. Max

Max Registered

Lowered all the sounds, and the spotter is there, but at the sacrifice of all the other sounds... I am sure it will be fixed at some point, yes?

4. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

I'm hoping so

5. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Spotters ? what races other then Nascar and ICR ovals use spotters in real life.

You want realism or more aids. lol ?

6. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

F1, V8 Supercars, rally...basically any series where the driver has a radio device

7. Mydriaz

Mydriaz Registered

So I tested solutions given in this post but unfortunately, I can't hear spotter voice since first beta release.

8. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Haven't read the entire post, but I set the spotter volume to 100% and the rest of the volumes no higher than 50% and I hear it fine.

9. coops

coops Banned

^ me either but sounds like ppl dont want to drop there other sounds to hear the spotter ? me = +100

10. JGraf

JGraf Registered

the Single Player spotter sounds are not working for many of us.
    i DO hear the spotter reporting lap times in DEVELOPER MODE, so knowing what it sounds like, and understanding how to adjust the audio sliders is not the issue, and it rules out problems with sound cards or speaker settings.

in SINGLE PLAYER, no audio volume adjustments resolve the lack of spotter sounds being heard, even restarting the game after making slider changes, nothing.
    they simply don't work for many of us.

i always remove previous builds by manually deleting the data and core folders, not with uninstallers.
    i full install to test all new builds - no update, completely clean, no overwrites or copy's of player.plr, etc... baby fresh.

to venture a guess, those who do have working spotter sounds in Single Player are not running completely fresh individual build installs, some files from previous builds are being left in place thru continued updating that a new fresh install no longer has.
    could be wrong, but that's my guess.

11. Racefreak1976

Racefreak1976 Registered

This might actually be true. I never did a fresh install. Only did updates so far.

Somebody said that the spotter also announces cars near you. Is this implemented yet?
    If not when can we expect it to be?

12. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

I always do a fresh install with each build and i still get the spotter sounds. On the joesville oval i get "inside" etc called out too.

13. GauchoRS

GauchoRS Registered

as in rF1, "car calls" are only enabled in "NASCAR" tracks (tracktype = oval, I assume)

spotter voice is a crap.
    I can hear it (with other sounds low and spotter at highest), but it is an r2d2 like voice.
    We need a complete reworked system like a "race engeneer".

1 person likes this.
  14. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

+1 GauchoRS, i like the simbin titles especially gtr2's engineer

15. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Interesting that you would say it sounds like an R2D2 voice. The guy sounds normal to me when he calls out my lap times. I do mostly single player offline driving as most of the time I am learning a track/car combo or tweaking setups and hearing him call out the lap times is beneficial to me. I don't use any HUD at all so there is no way to know from one lap to the next if I have improved without heading back to the pits without him.

As to the update vs full fresh install, I am guilty of doing updates predominantly, though I have done fresh installs for 3 of the updates that have been put out. the last being build 118. With that in mind I don't think it is due to files being carried over from previous installs as suggested earlier. I am thinking that there might be those that have had the unfortunate issue of some files being corrupt for them during the install and they happen to relate to audio, including the spotter voice. If however the spotter works in Dev Mode, which I have never even entered but not in single player, then I am wondering if there is a difference in install location that is creating the issue. My install is all in C:\Games\rF2\ and I have nothing in "My Documents" at all.

16. GauchoRS

GauchoRS Registered

the voice has a distortion at higher frequencies witch is similiar to syntetic computer generated voices.
    may be it´s meant as radio shutter ....
    the decimals are called with pauses, this increases the sensation of a 'robotic' voice

17. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Same here,no spotter voice at all from the first Build!I have tried every thing and every combination but I couldn't hear anything.

18. Hazi

Hazi Registered

Here too - no spotter