[WIP] Spec Miata

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by PlickBadger, Jun 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PlickBadger

PlickBadger Registered

v .93

This will likely be the final physics update for this Mod, unless there are major bugs - next version(s) will include MINOR graphic updates and more skins

Here's the list of fixes
    eyepoint fixed
    AI speed increased
    oil & water temps more realistic
    brake temps more realistic
    sound fixes

Also, setup in getmod

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2014
  2. Black Dice

Black Dice Registered

Awesome. Thanks Plick

3. tjc

tjc Registered

Cheers PB. :)

4. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Thank you, PB :)

5. Andy Bonar

Andy Bonar Registered

:D:D
    Mine was pretty much a standard jap import apart from the suspension changed to coilovers, no turbo, no lsd. No abs or tc. power steering yes.

I'm not trying to slate your efforts by any means sorry if it sounded that way.

I will mess about with setups. I love the mx5 and would love to get this working for me

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

6. GrimDad

GrimDad Registered

This is very nice, looks good & is great to drive thanks for sharing ;) (v.93)

7. speed1

speed1 Banned

I want to believe you did not understand is the reason for ignoring me. However, maybe you ignore this question also. Would the water temperature and oil temperature affect the engine performance or is it just for display purposes ?

Maybe you know this forum if not I hope it helps you anyway : http://forum.miata.net/vb/index.php?

8. Hermmie

Hermmie Registered

Thanks for the Update, will give it a go later :)

9. jrcn50

jrcn50 Registered

Thanks too, I'll try it this afternoon.

10. PlickBadger

PlickBadger Registered

I'm assuming your inability to speak English is why you come across so abruptly, but I don't purposefully ignore people who make reasonable points.

Most of your posts are hard for me to understand. Your camber comments seem irrelevant to me - don't reduce the camber like that. No one would ever setup a SpecMiata that way. The default values are there to provide a realistic behavior of the car. I'll be happy to post pictures of my real car and you can see the extreme camber. Minor camber reductions might help grip and oversteer, if that's what you're into ;) The gearing ratios are exact, which I've stated several times.

oh and thanks for the miata forum.. um, I've never seen that before :rolleyes:

I made the water and oil temperature more realistic, because they will make engine longevity more realistic - just like the real world. It will not affect engine performance other than that.

If you choose not to drive this mod, that's your choice, but as I stated in the v93 release post (unless there are major bugs found) this will likely be the final physics update.

11. Hermmie

Hermmie Registered

The Oil and Water temps are not taken into account performance-wise by the sim, as far as i know. Maybe thats still to come, nothing the modder can do about though.

The Camber stuff, well.. its no secret that the Tire Model is still unfinished, so there are still areas of Non-Sense to exploit, unfortunately you can run alot of cars with almost zero Camber with no drawbacks. I really hope that ISI will fix this soon, along with proper wet-weather simulation with the tire model related things.

12. PlickBadger

PlickBadger Registered

I believe the water and oil temps are taken into account, as the v93 changes allow the car to overheat now in a realistic manner. In v92 you could stay in neutral and run at at the rev limiter for an unrealistic amount of time. Now the car will overheat accordingly. To add to this, I did a test race at Loch Drummond short with the 19 AI set at 100%. The course is so short and the cars are so tightly packed, that one started to overheat due to the bump drafting :) This is very realistic. You'll find posts of SpecMiata racers recommending to pull out of the draft if the car's water temp gets above 210 F

If ISI changes the tire model/contact patch that requires me to make an update, then I'll definitely do that. I just don't want to spend a bunch of time chasing nonsense at this point :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2014
  13. Hermmie

Hermmie Registered

The temps are taken into account when it comes to overheating, yeah, but i don't think it makes any ( measurable ) difference in performance terms. At least i never got different laptimes with a cold or hot engine.

Also, in real life you would not head straight out of the pits and rev the nuts off a cold engine, like you can do with any car in rF atm :)

14. argo0

argo0 Registered

Thanks Plick, and thanks also for handling the feedback well and still giving your work to the community. You're making the rf2 world a better place.

15. PlickBadger

PlickBadger Registered

Understood and both completely true. I'm just trying to add as much realism as possible :)

16. Hermmie

Hermmie Registered

Thats fine by me :)

17. Black Dice

Black Dice Registered

Is anyone able to match pace with the AI on Mores at 100%? They are doing 1min laps

18. PlickBadger

PlickBadger Registered

I didn't test at Mores. I used Loch Drummond Short, since it has excellent AI and has a good combination of tight turns and medium straights. The AI there turn high 1:12's @ 100%, which I'm able to match - if I'm on my game.

They might be a bit tough at some of the ISI tracks, where they've really dialed in the AI. A lot 3rd party tracks (mine included), they are still a little slow IMO. It's a delicate balance of how much artificial grip to give them :)

19. Black Dice

Black Dice Registered

Right on. Just curious as I am only able to manage 1:02s and that's workin up a sweat. LOL

This is really fun man. I have to say that it is up there with the best mods as far as physics go IMHO.

Thanks again

20. PlickBadger

PlickBadger Registered

I just tested at Mores with 100% AI (10 lap race, only one car) and it only turns 1:01s or 1:02s, depending on the rubber level. You might want to check their strength and aggression levels. I tested with 100% strength and 25% aggression, as I believe it is the default.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.