[WIP] Spec Miata

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by PlickBadger, Jun 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Thanks for your answers PlickBadger!

AFAIK this is one of the ISI HUD included with the rF2 installer, the one you can see in provided picture, not a third party (I installed several other third party HUD so possibly I'm wrong but don't think so, I'll check that point).

Edit:
    I'll test that tonight and will report, thanks :)

2. PlickBadger

PlickBadger Registered

Cool, thanks. I just found the issue. It will be fixed in the next release

3. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

While driving I don't care either :) but I think with great graphics this mod could become VERY popular. And for example some leagues writing race reports with screenshots could care how cars look. Personally like to create videos from cockpit view like this:

http://youtu.be/lZ68YAk1EkE

4. tjc

tjc Registered

Yeh, I agree...

I think graphics are extremely important actually, we are in a time when sims/games can be made to look really, really nice and very realistic and it seems to be such a waste not to push that stuff as much as possible when more and more people have the hardware to use it.

I`ve not done many videos yet but now that I have enough pc grunt to do them, I will be, and I also take screens so yeh, graphics are right up there... :)

5. PlickBadger

PlickBadger Registered

I'm not disagreeing with either of you regarding your points. I just don't have the time, desire or talent to make it happen. AND I've stated so MANY times!!! So if that's what keeps anyone from driving this mod, oh well... that's their choice. The mod was created for me to practice in a virtual SpecMiata, before heading out to the track in real life. I decided to share it with the public, because it seemed like a good idea. I'm seriously rethinking that philosophy now

6. speed1

speed1 Banned

That would be a pity and you should not do that. It is expected in public to hear things several times, not only because maybe not everyone is informed, but there is interest in your work, otherwise why should anyone else contribute to it.

Do not let it discourage you, neither from me nor by someone else because it is good work. Try to see wishes and criticism constructively, but I can understand you, it is also somewhat different if you stand in front of people and discusses things to perceive also mimic and sound.

As for example I am in reality a front man and if I have everything would let get to me I would be spiritually dead already.

Yes it happened to me also online. :)

7. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Time for talentuous artists around to PM PlickBadger if they would like to participate to enhance this great car he gracefully bring to us! :) I'm following the way the Thruxton track is currently community made from the original work made by Lasercutter, we have the greatest community around! :)

This car is a blast, and if I had the skills I'll be happy to help here. You don't want to see my artistic side, be sure ;)

8. Emery

Emery Registered

@Plickbadger - I think the cockpit is the perfect opportunity for some of us to step up and put the finishing touches on the mod. You've clearly stated your position and I'm okay with it.

9. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

I don't quite understand all this talk around Miata cockpit. I've seen alot worse cockpits than this, for me it looks quite good. Let the man be already :D

First priority is to get cars with good physics into rf2 and then we can work on graphics sometime, not the other way around imo.

Now that we have his permission to update graphics I'm sure somebody will do it... stuff coming pretty fast nowadays to rf2. I don't have time to test all this :D

10. Sido Weijer

Sido Weijer Registered

I'm still having the problem with the speedsensitive steering, it's turned on in this car somehow (not in any other cars) while I do have it turned off in the options. I'm looking for a volunteer who can check if the problem is on my end or not. Would someone be willing to test this mod with a steeringwheel with ± 270 degrees of range (or setting 270 degrees of range in the controlls screen of rF2) and the steeringlock at 10 degrees to see what happens?

If it's not on my end, would there perhaps be a modder willing to look into the mod to see if they can possibly find and fix the issue?

11. Emery

Emery Registered

Noticed a visual problem in v0.93, where a gap appears between the body and the hardtop. Possibly the material isn't double-sided?

View attachment 13220

12. Emery

Emery Registered

If you're spinning, then you've lifted throttle too much/too quickly. I'm getting around there full throttle and just abuse the left front tire. Only change from default setup is -0.1 toe-in at front and +0.1 toe-in at rear. That turn and on down to the chicane are the only places I gain on the AI.

For me, I'm dreadfully slow getting through the chicane. Usually looks like I've parked and gotten out to push the car...

13. PlickBadger

PlickBadger Registered

I'm going to be releasing v1.00 soon.

It fixes or addresses the following issues:
    1. brake heating bug
    2. limit camber reduction
    3. HUD texture bug
    4. more realistic H-Pattern with clutch
    5. shadow layer in template
    6. a few more skins

This will be the final release from me, unless there are serious physics bugs found. I will not be fixing or improving ANY graphics issues. If someone else wants to work on improving graphics, that's fine with me. However, don't bother asking me to work on them.

14. Black Dice

Black Dice Registered

Thanks again for you work Plick. I for one appreciate and applaud your efforts. If I were you, I wouldnt even acknowlege anyone who says anything about the cockpit graphics or graphics in general. How many times do you have to say the same thing. Unreal.

15. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Great! :)

I tested lowering camber at min and effectively that's not the same car at all, easier handling, but far less funny. So the limiter will be welcome. I also tested other liveries (I was stuck on the blue number 8 without roof from beginning ;) ) very nice liveries ! :) Thanks PlickBadger!

16. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

PlickBadger, I need to jump in here, we've already lost at least one modder due to non-thinking posters who just wore down him down with continual semi-harassment.
    I don't remember you signing any document guaranteeing that all users of the Miata had absolute rights in how the car turned out in final form.

I myself am really glad that while you were designing this for your personal use, you have decided to share it. I am positively sure that there are more of me than there are of the complainers. (I'm not referring to those with valid physic issues)

When someone wants to "define" what you want to design and repeatedly brings it up, it's time for you to ignore the repeat offenders, and continue with what you intended. It's your mod, not theirs.

Please continue to share if you would like to do so.

17. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

+1 :)

18. tjc

tjc Registered

Ok... I think we are all well aware that you don`t think updating the graphics in needed and that you won`t be doing so... fine...

You also said that you didn`t mind if anybody made the graphics better which is what I was refering to when I said graphics are important to me in my last post.

So... we are all entitled to an opinion and usually have different ones but your advice is to ignore anyone who states a different opinion to yours...?

And you talk about unreal...

As I`ve said, PB stated he didn`t want to update the graphics but also said anyone that could, could do so. My last post was in connection to that fact and wasn`t directed to PB in any way at all to update the graphics so therefore he had no need (as far as I`m concerned) to reiterate that he wouldn`t be updating the graphics.

Simple really...

19. Black Dice

Black Dice Registered

Are you serious? What makes you think my post was directed at you anyway. Not my opinion moron. Plick had said from the start that he is not working on graphics yet people keep posting about it and he has had to respond to it on more than one occasion. Like dealing with children. Ban me or whatever. Gfy

20. tjc

tjc Registered

What makes me think your post was directed at me was the fact that I was one of those that said graphics are important... to me...

PB replied to me and KeiKei saying he wasn`t going to update the graphics... you then post some drivel about ignoring peoples opinions so it was quite obvious that your post was directed at what I, and others, have said and you call me the moron...?

Yeh right...

Btw, nice attitude.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.