So....who has PCars?

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by msportdan, May 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. speed1

speed1 Banned

Correct !

If the ffb is a mess, the physuic is a mess as well, otherwise the transmitted forces to the steering would be perfect out of the box in standard, especially when it means rack forces grabed at the column.

Why is this ? Because the physic is a mess and transmitts forces out of controle to the steering column.

Real cars aren't forceless. So judging vehicle dynamics without resistors and forces in play is stupid.

The only driving simulator which isn't a mess is Reiza's atm.

Those guys are the number 1 in regards to clean balanced vehicle dynamics at the steering axle. ;)

2. msportdan

msportdan Banned

3. yusupov

yusupov Registered

if i knew english like it was my first language, thats very close to something i might write :)

4. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

Anyone else feel guilty playing pCARS?

I do and I'm not kidding. For two reasons:

1. I'm learning bad sim driving habits with pCARS.
    2. I feel like I'm "wasting" valuable time with toy cars.

After my last session with PC, I fired up rF2 and drove the Cobra.

How can you go back to PC after the Cobra?

5. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Because I don't really compare the two titles. I don't see them as directly comparable at all. One I race for unmatched physics, force feedback and realism. The other I race for fun. I love both titles for completely different reasons. :)

6. yusupov

yusupov Registered

i went from pcars to the palatov (trackday!) & had no problems whatsoever, used the same techniques i use in pcars if the car got a little squirrely on me.

posted above about i went from pcars to rf2 on same car + track, had an easier go in rf2 since id just driven it in pcars!

7. yusupov

yusupov Registered

anyway if you really feel its encouraging bad habits ( ihave felt that too, but dont really see evidence of it when i look for it) i understand, but as far as it being a guilty pleasure or w/e, i dont get that at all tbh.

do agree theres nothing close to the cobra in pC (or any sim, tho maybe the 917/30 mod for AC :))

8. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

The staleness and simplification of the driving behaviour of the PCar's physics engine can much more easily be noticed in the rain. Fun? Yes! :). Not arcade? I agree, not arcade at all! BUT, definitely "video-gamey"...I hate using the word, but I guess I have to say "simcade", absolutely.

9. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

Feeling guilty by playing other games than RF2 - Hilarious :D

10. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

It's me or is impossible to pick what cars I want to race against in Pcars?

It gives me a stupid menu "same class", "same car" or "multiclass" and pick the cars by its own it's so lame.

11. Narrowbackwing

Narrowbackwing Registered

Stupid ? Maybe , different yes - easy to navigate , yes for me , once your used to it ,it's no big deal .

I remember in rf2 people saying --- why can't we add mods the same way we done in rfactor1 , why complicate it --- now for most it's just soooo easy it's not even talked about .

anyway I hope this won't stop your enjoyment :) .

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2015
  12. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

AMD users having issues with PCars? or is it the same old same old.

13. wlaem

wlaem Registered

How's the solo "offline" ? Can you easily create championship ? Does the AI pits, changes tyres ect ...

i loved GTR 2 just for that, the ability to have great endurance racing against AI ,the possibility to save during races... does pcars match it ?

14. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

1. I'm learning bad sim driving habits with pCARS. Yes, Capri and same class of cars is learning me bad habits when I can use heal&toe because of working drive train model:)

2. I feel like I'm "wasting" valuable time with toy cars. Yes it is wasted time when some of the cars behaves like ISI GTcars , URD etc.

How can you go back to PC after the Cobra? It is simple, Go to player.JASON edit, "Auto Blip":true, "Auto Lift":true, turn on auto clutch, go out on the track and flat shift.

Silly questions deserves, silly answer, get the clue?

15. bwana

bwana Registered

Same old same old, no issues at all. Ultra almost everything . looks great .performs great.

I really wish they would stop all that carp but no doubt its like everything else on simforums.

16. speed1

speed1 Banned

Ahhh couldn't anybody eliminate this thread please, or move it to VR or WMD.

Man what this s....t has to do with ISI and the rf2 forum ?

The moderation is really cool. I already would have catapult you game lovers out of my room. ;)

I'm starting tapatalk and what pops up on top is this silly thread, instead something i'm looking for has to do and is related to rf2.

I just can shake my head, really.

17. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Yikes... if pCARS is "simcade" (I don't think it is) I'd hate to think what AC then qualifies as.
    The spiritual successor to Mario Kart? ;)

Sorry I'll stop now.

18. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

OK, these settings are probably the best feel of anything I have tried, including the Jack Spade tweaks.

But really, you have to adjust and save them for every single car and track combination!?!?!?!?! There is no master default setting?? I thought rF2 had the worst user interface...

And secondly, there is something fundamentally wrong with the FFB--it disappears when you are not turning the wheel. For example, surface bumps are gone while you are driving perfectly straight and no turning of the wheel. As soon as you turn, even to weave on purpose a bit to test, suddenly it transitions from feeling like you are driving on glass to a road surface with imperfections and bumps. What am I doing wrong?

19. coops

coops Banned

So....who has PCars? Not me and not anytime soon after reading through the posts. Who has AC? me and not impressed with it either. Maybe i dont give them a chance but rf2 ***** on them both.

20. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

lmao

Fair point.

Go drive the 458 around Nords, that's pretty simcade.

edit:

I think most all here pretty much agree coops.

I just think as a 2nd sim pCars is a whole lot prettier then AC.

Cockpits, models, tracks look nicer to me, environment ambiance, night and wet racing.

Most realistic day and night headlights I seen so far any title.

Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.