So....who has PCars?

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by msportdan, May 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. msportdan

msportdan Banned

I do, and im quite impressed its the most complete race sim out there, and yes it is a sim. How is anyone finding the tyre model compared to rf2? I think its quite good i do need more time with it, but with that and its ffb it really feels like your on rubber tyres. Im impressed, as much as RF2 is good and all.... pcars tyre model is almost just as good imo. It certainly looks like it flex's more authentically, personally think RF2 visuals of tyre flex is too overdone and makes the tyre seem under inflated, Pcars seem to have this right.

Anyway yes it hasnt RR or the same great AI but for a game developed like this, i think RF2 or AC has something to worry about.

Just because i like this doesnt mean im not a true sim fan or any crap that someone will surely say. Its quite fine to like another sim and think its as good as rf2.

2. yusupov

yusupov Registered

i dont find the default FFB or tires to feel anything like rf2, but im loving it as well.

i definitely dont get the very distinct feeling im on dynamic rubber tires that only rf2 gives me.

but i do agree its a proper sim though we'll be in the minority here :)

3. msportdan

msportdan Banned

maybe people should come around to the fact that could actually be a better tyre model than the gmotor one...

I thinks it feels just as good or even better, sometimes rf2 ffb/feeling of being on tyres (pre Contact patch) felt frankly crap!

4. yusupov

yusupov Registered

youve always had that weird opinion tho :)

to me its always felt amazing. i cant say objectively better or w/e, bc i dont know, its just very distinct & impressive for what it is, & to me it feels really really good.

5. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

I like pCars too, had it from the beginning really....but I still have to play a bit the FFB settings (especially per car settings) to get it to my likings.

6. MystaMagoo

MystaMagoo Registered

Had it from the beginning but cashed it back when it went to steam only.
    Unless I'm thinking of a different title?

7. Korva7

Korva7 Registered

msportdan's opinion might be the first really positive comment about PC's physics i have heard. I would like to hear more opinions from rF2 players. I have been trying to find some information about the final versions physics, but people are just talking about it's craphics and other irrelevant things.

8. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

I think the FFB is great but generally the cars are too understeery to my liking.

9. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

It depends on which car to try too. Like in any game, there will always be some cars you love and others you hate. Some cars feel really good, FFB and physics wise some others not to my likings. But overall, I'm loving it.

Then again, I think everyone has his own tastes and likings. I personally love all of them (rF2, AC, RE3 and pCars), yet some hate some and love some.......so I think its all personal taste :) Would be good if there will be a demo for ppl to try like rF2 and RE3 but I doubt it will happen.

10. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Agreed some say it's a hardcore sim others say arcade/simcade

They should do a demo, if they were confident of their title you'd think they would. ( as ISI has )

11. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Just to corret you msportdan, but gMotor is the graphics part of the isiMotor, pMotor is the physics.

Anyway. I'm looking forward to trying out pCARS tomorrow. It worries me that opinions differ so much as to whether it feels like an arcade game or a sim. But I will try it out with a completely open mind of course.

12. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Great -post you feedback hexagramme !

13. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Glad it's over. Been firing up that game every month or so over the last three years to check for improved feel only to be disappointed.

One thing they do have is something to do, unlike rF2 and AC. ISI's industry-leading AI is being squandered with every roadblock imaginable and unimaginable such as buggy result logs, reliance on third party applications to view even the most basic performance indicators such as personal bests, and the requirement to modify vehicles in order to have consistent competitors across races in championships that...yeah...you have to keep track of on paper.

DiRT Rally and pCars should be a wake up call for ISI and Kunos and this will be the subject of my next video.

14. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

PCars is fun. It is sim, (but then again, sadly, nowadays anything and everything with "pretty good" handling characteristics and/or FFB feel is considered a sim, heck, people even consider the new Dirt Rally an actual sim). It doesn't have that "pro-simness" that rF2 has though. For example, if I had millions of dollars and had a professional race-training centre - you know, something really industrial and strictly for pro-use - the only physics engine I'd use is rFactor 2 and iRacing (maybe some AC cars, but it's hit-and-miss with that engine). Each of those two, like all sims, drives and feels different to one-another, however, they're the only two physics engines that have that depth and complexity to the way the vehicles behave. PCars is fun, but it doesn't go that far into sim territory like the vehicle dynamics of rFactor 2 and iRacing do.

All the little subtle dynamics according to your sensitive changes in throttle/brake/steering inputs - and also they way those inputs are made according to what state of balance/grip/slip the car is in - just don't exist in PCars like they do in rFactor 2 (and also stuff like GSC), iRacing, and real-life.

In PCars, it's pretty easy, personally, to experience the "video-gamishness" of the physics at times despite the game being somewhere in that "sim-realm" (which almost every decent racing-car game nowadays seems to fall somewhere into).

Bottom line to me personally, it's an awesome game, but if I just came home from a year of real-life racing, and couldn't do it anymore and was obsessed with just real-life racing rather than playing videogames, then the only thing I'd be even remotely satisfied with would be rFactor 2 and iRacing (with maybe some AC here and there, but not generally so).

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2015
  15. yusupov

yusupov Registered

Spinelli just said its a sim my opinion is totally valid!! :d

16. yusupov

yusupov Registered

(that was in all caps but isi dont like that apparently)

17. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

Most of the cars are way too easy to drive but my advice to you is that try out DRM cars, Ford Capri, BMW M1, BMW 320 or Lotus 85, gated shifter, no auto clutch.

18. Associat0r

Associat0r Registered

Show me the numbers and graph traces before making such bold statements.

Also gMotor is the graphics engine and has nothing to do with the physics engine pMotor. Also rF2's tires are simulated at a much higher resolution and is graded to be objectively accurate enough for real race car development without fudging and not just driver training or to subjectively feel good for the average gamer.

pCars is a solid, nice, complete and polished race experience, but it is in a different market compared to rF2.

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2015
  19. yusupov

yusupov Registered

ive read the default setups are generally very safe (because consoles). saw it recommended to lower the differential for one thing, which is something ive been doing.

re the cars...i like em! except the one i was really looking forward to racing, the formula rookie...dunno if its based on a real car but its not a "learn to drive correctly/correct correctly(??)" fun kinda thing like the skippy or f vee its just a really safe dull race car.

20. yusupov

yusupov Registered

oh, i was also disappointed w/ the capri when i tried it last night...R3Es kicks it in the dust imo. but the turbo on the 98T is great & completely insane so idk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.