So....who has PCars?

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by msportdan, May 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

don't think I'll buy,
    a demo might be nice to try though, enjoying f1's in Iracing to much to move my sim time to something else

p.s I think a lot of people are running the graphic settings to high in Pcars which is increasing lag/latency
    thus spoiling the experience & what it has to offer

2. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

No I get what you mean. Again it didn't mean it as an attack or an accusation.
    I am simply surprised that so many people go out of their way to accuse pCARS of being arcade when it's simply no true.
    I think the tire model feels great and very communicative.

The need to set up ffb per car seems a bit daunting, but to me it seems that the same-ish base values works quite well for most cars.
    Tire forces at 115-120, ffb at 100, master scale of around 26-30, Fx at 48-50, Fy a bit higher, Fz at about 54-60 and the Mz at anywhere between 100-200, depending on the car.
    Smoothing at 0 obviously.

3. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I think some people need to go and install Shift 2

Then tell me pCars is arcade ......heavens lol ....it is so funny p

4. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Hex you are more on your FFB than on what is really going on with the car!
    Try to drive without FFB at all!
    You will see that (many, most?) cars don´t react in alogical manner and that grip and controller-input is dumbed down
    and that it has in no way the fidelity that rF2 has.
    Otherwise I must say that there must be something wrong with your senses.....

I mean: look alone at the Clios.......................................they are lightyears, galaxys and worlds apart.

5. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

same with AC, some think it's the best thing ever, others totally naff

I wonder how much is down to how software works within our (different ) hardware setups or just opinion

I suspect a mixture of both

peterchen -try Pcars again but with resolution down a few notches+reduce all graphic settings ...any better?

6. speed1

speed1 Banned

I don't know what you are trying to do here but i saw just one person calling people a non true simracer when they wouldn't use pCars first before anything else. I than just said, that i could twist it around and call people the opposite, an arcade racer. I didn't said it is, i just give an example how the pov and intrest of people can differ, nothing more nothing less.

Now you are the next on the mission to pull us in the dirt while twisting the words in my mouth or what ?

Cmon man don't do this. You would be the next i couldn't take serious anymore as i don't do some presented individuals in this thread, and till know you wasn't one of those.

And yes i can be brutally fast if i would like or was intrested in any competition, but i'm not and as i said you can get used to everything no matter the QA.

And what is that for a silly question "show me the money".

Is this a kindergarten or what ?

Please stop trowing dirt on me without any serious reason, because i have the balls to talk face to face to anybody without the need of trowing dirt on devs at the wrong place.

Show me where i diss any of them public as some do. Till now i was direct and honest, no need to pull me down in the puddle. ;)

There are others as you to, calling and mentioning AC as for example every now and than,while dissing it.

Did I do ? No, you guys are the fakes not me. ;)

Good n8 !

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2015
  7. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Funny years ago I suggested people do that in rF2 and AC ( turn off FF ) .......to see just how much you can feel the tyres and chassis.
    Not a single person commented. :p

I see all this as besides the point anyways , again, I say no one here said pCars has better fizzix p or FF then rF2.

Not to mention Hex, myself and others already made it patently obvious in no uncertain terms that we did not equate rF2 and pCars in those regards.

You sort of debate yourself. ;)

8. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

lool

I only funning man. hehehe

I not dissing anything, I said AC is the " purists/ trackday sim " that's not a bad rap. ? lol

edit: A group already has a $60 Australian / 16 car pack out. That is purist. ;)

9. speed1

speed1 Banned

Don't do this man, i'm really the wrong person for word play. It just would catapult me in trouble.

And i'm a bad rapper. :)

10. yusupov

yusupov Registered

i gotta say, this spurred me to do a head to head -- theyre really not, imo.

i did 2 5 lap races against 13 AI, 60% pCARS (yeah..im slow), 90% rf2 (i usually do 95 but the opposite of what i expected happened), 15 min warmup in both. started w/ pCARS; warmup wasnt promising, i got out of the garage late & never saw any other cars, my pace was 2-3 seconds off the AI. im not good w/ silverstone or FWD, so i knew this wouldnt be great, but i did think the clio was simple enough & 60% was low enough id be on pace w/ them. the race was actually great -- stayed w/ the pack the 1st lap so i improved my lines, was almost always racing someone, even almost somehow came from way back to take 4th in the last stretch (thinking it was the "that one corner" syndrome empty box was talking about, tho tbh i hadnt noticed it to that point). 5th place, nice race, on to rf2. had my fun, now the real deal.

the car was about the same, more understeer tho (i used default setups both, tho i ended up messing w/ the rf2 one), although the car is so slow (at least w/ me driving it) that the points where this is a problem can pretty much be compensated for by spinning the wheel like im driving a bus. i finish warmup w/ a time almost identical to my race pace in pCARS (..im not gonna say). it turns out im 2-3 seconds ahead of the AI out of warmup now; i had thought that there would be a curve going from pC to rf2 but instead (duh) after just driving the same track & car, my experience had carried directly over.

i realized id messed up the AI so i messed around w/ the setup, tried to dial out the understeer a bit, i removed the front ARB bc it seemed like itd do that, added camber, & that was it bc i frankly dont know what else to do. was placed 3rd on the grid & got off to (i guess) a really good start, was in first place very quickly, & it was clear i wasnt going to lose it. from there i realized i had basically 2 options, a)toying with the AI to see if i could get some fun from my mess-up or b)seeing how well i could manage my tires for the 5 laps. after a minute or so of a) i chose option c, ending the race.

as for the physics in each, i stay away from that for many reasons, & just evaluate grip bc its not really subjective & a caveman could do it. pCARS surprised me by being slipperier as i didnt have any heavy rubber presets for silverstone. just what is listed as medium, tho it didnt even look like that to me. i know pC has pretty low grip relative to other sims, but figured rf2 on a track that wasnt rubbered down would be the slicker of the two.

the big difference -- i think, cant confirm -- will come as no surprise, tire wear. in warmups in rf2 i had pretty well chewed thru my fronts. i didnt have the telemtry app on for pCARS, but i was comfortable the entire race, despite abusing the tires a bit more. supposedly theres some issue w/ tire wear in all non formula A cars in pC right now, but i dont know the details except that theyre reported to wear far less than they should.

i was pretty surprised, & this is actually the second time this has happened w/ me. after really enjoying the caterham in pCARS, i immediately thought of the panoz, & thought -- as fun as this is, im gonna boot up rf2, get in that thing after a year or whatever its been, & this is just gonna seem crap in comparison. it didnt! its just a really fun car. in a really fun sim.

TLDR: id absolutely recommend pC for lower level simracers. and imo people who have more idea with whats going on, or should be going on, are still prob gonna find it worth checking out for what ppl in this thread say they like it for, a change of pace, not by definition 'arcade' but something similar but alot less punishing.

11. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Well they have already stipulated that there will not be a tier system.
    You will need to register on time or miss out.

buddhatree points it out, DLC, so it beggars the question with many staff what do they all work on ?

Their experience in DX10/11 they would have no trouble moving to DX12.
    Release /rehash one car and track, add a few new features......... people will still line up. lol ;)

I expect Kunos to bleed AC longer. hehe ;)

12. bwana

bwana Registered

Well Im probably one of the few who can compare all the latest releases in the last 5 years or more on how they feel with out FFB , I don't have it (until next Thursday) and I guess have a feel through visual and audible queues more than most. Im not the fastest driver around but regard myself as a front 1/3rd of the field in most cars , Ive learnt how to get the best from my car using obviously lap times and tyre wear mostly. All of this has also given me a feel for the general behaviour physics of the releases and based on that RF2 is streets ahead and a number of the Pcars are better than AC stuff (some definitely are not), Im sure there will be "purists " who diss my comments because I don't run FFB (yet ) but what, not having FFB does is give you a level datum to compare each cars balance .
    Im kind of dubious of what FFB will do for me , with varying quality of FFB across different games/software ,most likely confuse the hell out of me to start with. just my 2 bobs worth

13. yusupov

yusupov Registered

you will probably be a bit disappointed w/ ffb, i know i was at first after all the "GET A WHEEL ITLL CHANGE YOUR LIFE" stuff (it did, but, yeah). id suggest starting with something you know has mediocre ffb (any codemasters racing game, say, or an old simbin title) & working up to something like rf2 as you may be able to appreciate what its sending you more.

14. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

No debate from me mate :) No FFB in rF2 is like a revelation ( I used broken/ no FF for almost a year)

Which is why I pointed it out in AC rant/flame wars threads we had a year back. :)

Anyhow I say no matter how SMS came to achieve the overall feel, canned, whatever, it is a lot better then any other simcade title about and can be just as immersive and fun as anything else.

I say allow for the lack of feel and feedback by not trying to push 100% , more mistakes the less real it feels.
    Smooth consistent laps and enjoy the immersion at your given level.

15. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

One thing I've got to give PC credit for is all the options for FFB tuning. I personally believe we need those tuning abilities since we're not inside driving around in a real car. I was disappointed to see more and more sims not give you all those options as they were going for a "these are the forces that the steering column gives you, therefore this is the only way to do proper, realistic FFB" type of style.

It's great that PC gives you all sorts of options still, not to mention SimExperience's SimCommander software (have to own their wheel), as well as GSCE, FT and R3E (since their core FFB is based on the pre-RF2 ISI engine).

I'm really thankful for that, actually, as it means a lot to certain aspects of my driving experience. I've had some of the best and unforgettable driving experiences ever in GT Legends thanks-in-large-part to all the FFB tuning available.

Not that PC's driving comes anywhere near a "true" sim like rFactor 2 (or even GSC & FT), but I have to give them credit for allowing all the FFB tuning options, regardless.

16. yusupov

yusupov Registered

why are GSCE/FT mentioned as positive examples of this? great ffb but unless you mess around with realfeel values youre limited to a few presets & a single slider.

im glad pC gives us all the options bc the default is the supposedly (according to their evangelists) the "direct from the steering rack" stuff & it feels like driving on glass. so i could at least pump up road feel. but just by downloading jack spade's FFB tweaker files you get an instant game-changer, without having to touch anything.

17. bwana

bwana Registered

18. Dodger

Dodger Registered

Good Game series 11 ep 13 ABC Iview if you're in Oz.

19. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

GSCE and FT have the 5 or 10 Realfeel values as you mentioned which can make a lot of difference, plus there's a bunch more values in the controller file, hence my GT Legends comment. Same with pretty much any game based on a pre-RF2 ISI engine. Where do you think all the R3E FFB sliders are from? They're from the lines you can edit in your controller file. Simbin also did this - to a lesser extent - with the in-game FFB settings of Race 07, GTR Evo, etc.; they're just some of the player/controller files implemented in-game.

I guess, technically speaking, I should be thanking ISI as-well as the creator of Realfeel since they're the creators, but anyways, you get the point.

20. vali

vali Registered

My opinion is more or less the same as hexagramme.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.