Silverstone v1.01 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Jun 28, 2013.

1. carlos26

carlos26 Registered

Hi tim. I wanted to ask you. It is the first time a low I build excess return, believed it was silverstone, but it happens in all circuits.

When you have thought about optimizing the game so that fluid go? Before taking the final version? is the last thing you are going to do? The work that this entails and effort you doing, but a good optimization and sim fluency would be great.

Thank you. greetings!

2. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

I made a few changes:

Anti-aliasing: level 3 to level 1
    Texture detail: Full to High
    Opponent detail: Full to High
    Shadows: High to Medium.

Vsync: Video (ON)

With one screen it's now drivable with 10 AI's. Started from pole and fps never moved from 60 until lap 5 when I was passed by two cars and it dropped to ~50. However it feels much smoother.

But still I don't dare to try out 3 monitors.

3. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

I am likely an idiot, but where does one select the HDR profile? I only see an on/off option.

Also, I'd love a pointer to the rF2 Vsync options and what they do--I'm used to a simple on/off toggle. We will all have to re-examine our graphics settings, again, to run tracks this detailed unless a massive and magical graphics engine optimization comes along from ISI.

4. Luc Van Camp

Luc Van Camp Track Team Staff Member

Hedlund, you should also try dropping Track Detail 1 click. Max detail on LRP compares to High on Silverstone really.

5. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

I bought my TITAN primarly for rFactor, so i am happy you are making it busy, btw. i have stable 60FPS even when recording with fraps on 1080p (vsync always on), so its "keep it up guys" for me

6. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Graphics are reaching a point where they can stay at for a little while (when content is built to this standard), so we're about there. If I am understanding right your question.

7. GauchoRS

GauchoRS Registered

ok, guys .... if ENVIRONEMENT REFLECTIONS=OFF solves the problem of FPS, there must be something wrong with this E.R. in this build 240 with Silverstone.

I would like to hear something like `investigation of this already has started` from Tim.

8. C3PO

C3PO Registered

Hi - what resolution are you running and what detail? Can u list your specs for us. Also, your are getting 60fps consistent at Silverstone - which car? Could you try 30 Corvettes plse?

9. C3PO

C3PO Registered

Yes me too. There's clearly an issue.

10. Tosch

Tosch Registered

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/9196-Malaysia-HDR-profile?p=123968&viewfull=1#post123968

11. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

He means when is there going to be a graphics optimization/frame rate improvement overall. That question has been asked about a million times on here over the past year and a half (and not yet answered to my knowledge).

The graphics LOOK fine in my opinion. They run OK on the absolute latest/best hardware. But all those with older systems are continuously wondering if there will ever be a performance improvement (leaving all else, settings and harware, equal)?

Secondly, as per my previous post, I found the HDR profile selector. A great idea to have a track-specific OVERRIDE available. But why on Earth is there not a global setting for this in the main Settings menu? Especially when we only have one choice.

...and sorry these are off-topic!

12. datanode

datanode Registered

Ah yes apologies Tim, didn't think that through! Still national / international? I presume these are on the cards :)

I think it was the way they take bookings for the circuit (I used to photograph at the circuit a fair bit in years past) a race team could book and use the pits (now the old pit lane) and still have experience days.

In regards to everyone else's FPS issues, whilst I don't have many gfx options on; mostly high or full for detail. No reflections etc.

I don't have terrible performance using a Radeon 4790 :/

I do wish I had an nvidia card, but I at least get to play it :) kinda worries me that people with very good gfx cards and setups don't seem to be getting anywhere near the performance they should?

13. sg333

sg333 Registered

A few years ago I couldnt get RF1 past 40FPS. Now it runs 300+ FPS....

Anyway, after doing a rather stuttery race with some Clios, I had great fun, but still the colours on the track seem off. It may be just the reds but its hard to tell. They really are way, way too pinkish under every scenario. I HOPE someone adjusts this at some point.

14. JGraf

JGraf Registered

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Error.
    this happens with Texture Detail = FULL, loading screen progresses to 100% then errors and closes the game.
    reducing Texture Detail to HIGH fixes this issue for me.

15. killerwatt

killerwatt Registered

Correct, I meant to post in the new build thread. This was at TWS which will be the first race of the SimHQ SCES Race series.

16. 88mphTim

The guys investigate everything they think is a problem.

17. 88mphTim

Load the HDR profile then... It's just not loading.

18. datanode

datanode Registered

Sometimes the BRSCC still use it for some events, I think :)

19. Takumi

Takumi Registered

I understand that ISI wants set new standards for tracks design and make them look good as 2013 they should. There is one big problem. Performance has been an issue already in pass with older builds and tracks. Now we are going this direction? This is totally wrong approach IMO. I have Intel Guad Q9950 @ 4Ghz, Amd 7850(over clocked) 8gb ram. That should be more than enough? I ques not.

Texture detail: Full --> High
    Track detail: Full -->Medium
    Player and opponent details: Full-->High
    AA: 6 -->3
    Shadows: High -->Medium
    All reflecions OFF
    Crowd, wind, sun etc all OFF

Result:
    Fps at pit: 17-->23
    Avg fps: 26-->32
    Minimum: 13-->17

All that with SINGLE monitor, NO ai drivers in day light and mirrors OFF. Seriously? I don't even want to think about driving with other cars. First time I am worried about this game future. Sorry for this but I am very frustrated.

20. Old Hat

Old Hat Registered

I've got FPS up to a drivable 70-80 in solo practice by turning down texture detail. It was below 10 fps for most of the track before. Doesn't look good but might be usable. Shadows low or medium doesn't seem to make much difference.