Silverstone Development

Discussion in 'ISI cars and tracks' started by C3PO, Jun 2, 2013.

1. Saabjock

Saabjock Registered

Thanks for the replies guys.
    @Tim... We're essentially doing the same thing.
    While you are scrolling down the mod list to I.D the location used by the mod in the contents menu, I'm using a screen capture of the mods the manager shows in use/locking the location slated for removal.
    Once identified, I select one mod, hold down the CTRL button and select the rest for un-installation.
    With approximately 112 mods currently, neither method seems as efficient as it could be.
    Maybe a better solution would be to require makers of mods to use only one track per mod and or use the track name as part of the mod name. Just a suggestion.
    What do you think...good idea or bad idea?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2014
  2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I personally suggested that we have rfhost files as vmods, rfser for series, etc etc but you'd still have the same issues. Auto uninstall would annoy people for other reasons. :(

3. rer8

rer8 Registered

I frequently look for a specific car (mod) and track that is in the server menu. I find that it is necessary to look at each server line individually to find what I am looking for. The search tool is of limited value as those preparing the name of the server frequently use the name of the track or car in each of the categories shown on the server menu. If the server menu used only the name of the car (mod) and only the name of the track and a unique name for the server, navigation would be faster and more user friendly. Currently, using the server menu is like digging in the trash can to look for the envelope with the check in it. It is frequently messy and hard to find what I want. I wish I had not thrown the left over spaghetti in the trash can. :)

4. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

An easy way to identify mods.
    Is to move silverstone location folder to another place. Vmods referring it will appear damaged in bold letters and you could uninstall them easily

enviado mediante tapatalk

5. Saabjock

Saabjock Registered

That's a great idea SPASKIS.
    Why didn't I think of that...makes perfect sense and is very fast.

6. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Didn't think of that either. Nice!

7. Rik

Rik Registered

a question:
    watch this video from 2:00 to 2:33

the clock. it moves quickly. its movement is connected to the multiplier of the time? was introduced some kind of script?

because if it is a simple animation, it is too fast. but if it is connected to the multiplier of the time, it is very interesting.

Can we have some information about it?

thanks

8. Luc Van Camp

Luc Van Camp Track Team Staff Member

Calling them HOURHAND, MINUTEHAND and SECONDHAND should allow it to synchronize the frame number with the time of day, so MinuteHand and SecondHand would each have 60 frames, HourHand only 12. Don't know if this still works if there's more frames in the animation; I never tried :) .

9. Rik

Rik Registered

Thanks Luc ;)