Silverstone Development

Discussion in 'ISI cars and tracks' started by C3PO, Jun 2, 2013.

1. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Says you, I much rather ISI interpretation of Historic tracks and Cars thank you.

AC will never change how it looks, today is how it will look in 3 years time.

rF2 like rF will improve over time.

Tell me when you have free add on tracks as good as Feels and Co, real road, weather, night, freeroam

Please AC no more excuses Just fix it already

2. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

and you know this how?... you state it as fact?

3. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Well you tell me. :)

"imho" pCARS, iRacing, AC are on my list of sims that won't change much there content will be churned out and remain the same look.

I am not suggesting they are inferior more like predicatable.

But through modders rFactor and other sims from GPL up have changed dramatically.

rF2 will be in the latter " imho"

4. tjc

tjc Registered

I too have AC... their tracks do indeed look good with very little jaggies etc but (IMO) nothing really comes close to ISI`s Silverstone and it most certainly is not ****ty...

And btw, ISI have never made excuses for some having performance issues with Silverstone and have always said it does need optimised and made more "playable" for some.

So it will get fixed... already...

5. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

I was blown away last night when I downloaded feels3 croft, the quality & decent fps sooooo good

(I'd only tried the first version ages ago)

If ISI could strive to achieve this level of optimisation/quality consistently across the official content.

( sorry about the "shopping" list here)

-optimisation (much needed) & final artwork pass of present tracks
    -another x2 historic tracks + x3 modern tracks
    -throw in a hill climb track if possible (something different )

Then rfactor 2 would have a really nice selection of tracks

Historic tracks -although not everyone's preference , the historic content in rf2 is the very best available (in any title) so a couple more tracks would make perfect sense.

Modern tracks -good conversions would be fine, modern monza from rf1 updated to latest config etc
    I think one is nearing completion

Also can't there be something put into place so certain (quality) tracks produced by modders couldn't be put into the official pool of rf2? -where permission from the creator is granted.
    A lot of people will not go on forums looking for downloads or want to mess with packages etc ( I'm ok with it but have friends that will not), rights and credits would remain with the original creator as would appreciation (& any donations) from the community

Feels3/pleclair/Tuttle comes to mind

P.s there's a really good selection of good quality sim cars in rf2 already so that why I haven't mentioned cars

6. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Will the National layout for Silverstone ever be released? I was hoping we'd all get it as an extra present with the Civic. Now that I think of it, I haven't heard anything about it.

7. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

Yep. :/

8. Luc Van Camp

Luc Van Camp Track Team Staff Member

It requires a bit more work than you think :) . Might become high priority after Indy ...

9. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

I think a fair few of us expected the whole package to come soon, but I guess the GP version was the top priority. Oh well.

10. Luc Van Camp

Yes, at the time we nearly killed ourselves to get the GP track ready in time for the British GP.
    We'll definitely get back to it though, and fix some minor issues at the same time and try to optimize it a little bit more.

11. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

In the meantime, there are Croft and Snetterton that are pretty good.

12. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Good to know it's on the to-do list. I didn't think it'd be that much work! TY

13. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

This would be very welcome, it would be very nice if tracks are held until they are release ready in future,
    I think uncompleted unoptimised unfinished tracks make very very bad press for ISI / rf2
    ( fps & bugs & visual quality ....which will not be good if people are not getting good fps etc )

Rf2 has the best physics engine (ignoring contact/crash physics) & ffb and top quality sim-cars
    A re-visit to existing tracks is much more needed than any new ones IMO
    (Especially if there also put out incomplete/unoptimised)
    Although new ones are much welcome but priorities seem a little off at the moment

Just my thoughts

14. Luc Van Camp

We always said we'd revisit Silverstone at some point ...
    GP layout was ready so there was no reason to hold it, and it was decently optimized. For the lower detail levels I'm just going to have to cut out some details. Don't expect more than a 5-10% fps improvement after the second optimization pass for those running Maximum detail. High, Medium and Low will get a bigger boost. The track is simply THAT detailed compared to anything else out there :) .

15. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Hiya Luc

10% increase is alot that would be much welcome, i now run with settings for track detail on low
    ( I'm fine with this as I'm not really interested in waving flags etc higher fps is more important to me)

I was surprised just recently when i installed croft (by feels3) I felt this track was of good quality & good fps performance,

This should me that rf2 is capable of this, it would be really great if the current ISI official tracks were revisited to try & achieve this, also some consistency between each track.
    (as much as possible -i know its difficult with each track being different sizes etc)

Off the subject slightly these darn shaders that never seem right (they change from build to build) if these can be somehow finalised ( brought to a decent point then left alone as completed etc ) as I suspect (could be wrong) thats whats holding up progress on present tracks and modders etc , but in any case -track quality & consistancy / optimisation is the weakest point of rf2 and letting it down a tad -shadows also (& leading to truly terrible youtube vids etc )

Any way sorry for the rant it just seems that there needs to be a bit of a shake up in ISI to start bringing things to a place where things are starting to feel finalised
    (Sorry for the dangerous words )

Thanks for reading & taking the time to communicate Luc

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2014
  16. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Croft is a little more than half the length of Silverstone and has a lot less trackside buildings and such. That's why Croft runs so much better.

17. Galaga

Galaga Banned

Two things. Is international or historic versions planned?

Also it does seem at some that the backlog of existing content updates could paralize ISI and also seems less efficient to task switch between different content versus completing something fully. Of course there are many nuances to this such as tech not implemented yet so have to wait to update content, fatigue and wanting to work on something different, ability to release content for community to enjoy, etc., etc. Too much of this, though, and you could get bogged down in maintenance.

18. Andreas67

Andreas67 Registered

this track is fantastic, I switched to a GTX 780, and now can enjoy 8x aa and 8 x ssaa. :)

it is possible to increase the draw distance, the objects or shadows not aufploppen in the distance? (Stands and buildings)

Thank you very much

19. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

"aufploppen" lmao

20. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

Still waiting for the National layout as used by the BTCC.