Setup sharing for everyone! (free)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Remco Majoor, Dec 24, 2020.

1. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

With the competition system launching, I decided I wanted to make a place where I could share my own setups with people. Now this made me think, why not let everyone share theirs! So now you can upload all your setups.

Posted setups
    Upload setup

I will be doing most by hand, so you setup wont show immediately. I hope we can build a nice database for newcomers and/or for people that last minute need a setup for a race!

Last edited: Feb 11, 2021
    EricW, bluet, 13_barbas_13 and 37 others like this.
  2. redapg

redapg Registered

I did have the same Idea some Years ago and did build a Website for it (see my Signature). ;)
    But it almost don't get used by the Community.

3. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

Nice. It's just that there is a competition system now, where there will be combos everyone wants setups for. Some were already pretty happy I did this :D

davehenrie likes this.
  4. redapg

redapg Registered

I think a lot of People would be happy to have it, that was the Reason why i did create the Website. :)
    The Problem is, that Sources, where you can get Setups, are spreaded all over the Internet and hard to find.
    So i thought that a Sharing Website could be a good Place to get it together at one Place only.

pkelly and davehenrie like this.
  5. Slip_Angel

Slip_Angel Registered

This is good idea. One small question i always have about setup
    In ACC the camber,ride height etc is handled in background to keep at your values.
    for example if i change ride height the camber changes but it is automatically set back at what value have.
    Is this same here in RF2 ? do i have to redo the alignment, ride height with every small changes ?

6. Mauro

Mauro Registered

Great work, as usual :)

P. S. One question
    Is it possible, in future, a query to see a list of all uploaded setups?
    or filters like all "Monza 66 setups" / "all brabham bt20 setups" ?

redapg likes this.
  7. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

Personally, after changing ride height, I usually don't have to change cambers etc. But I know cambers etc do affect ride height though. I think though that the setup settings are independent of each other.

8. Slip_Angel

Slip_Angel Registered

Yea same. I read in ACC it is called as "auto magic" or background mechanic.
    I hope that RF2 gives the same settings that it shows. Because setup changes on one side affects other, like changing spring rate also affects ride height.
    I hope in New U.I they show live values like wheel load , aero balance like ACC or iracing , ride height etc.

davehenrie likes this.
  9. redapg

redapg Registered

To show all for a Sim uploaded Setups is possible already.
    Use the Dropdown on the right Top of the Side. ;)
    Generally all kind of Filters are possible to create.
    But with the low Amount of uploaded Setups, it's a Question of if the Work to do it, worths it.

Mauro likes this.
  10. Christian Wolter

Christian Wolter Registered

Very nice, Thanks!

Remco Majoor likes this.
  11. Richard Busch

Richard Busch Member

Thank You Remco.

Remco Majoor likes this.
  12. myself9

myself9 Registered

Thanks, Remco!
    Car setup is my Achille's heel

Remco Majoor likes this.
  13. ir Sindaco

ir Sindaco Member

Great, will really come in handy in the first comp season(s)! Thanks for the xmas gift :)

Remco Majoor likes this.
  14. Lazza

Lazza Registered

In rF2 all setup settings are applied at all times. So if you change spring rates, your ride height setting is still applied - compensating for the change in spring rate. The only thing (I think) that gets applied only in realtime is your fuel load.

I think you'd have to present the setup in a different way, and make it a more chronologically ordered process, to have a realistic "I'm changing the springs, now my ride height will be different" mechanism. You certainly couldn't just leave the setup ride height there (unchanged) while the actual ride height changes - that would be even more confusing!

atomed likes this.
  15. vancstar

vancstar Registered

I know on some karts when you change toe in and out that affects the Camber and Caster, so you need to tweak it back to a comprimise on some settings. Other systems on karts allow you to change those three settings independantly so not just one way or the other is 100% realistic.

16. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

This is interesting. I'm pretty sure I can change my camber and then bottom out, without touching the ride height. Need to test this though

17. Slip_Angel

Slip_Angel Registered

@Lazza Thanks for clarification. So basically it is what i see/set is what i get.
    No matter how much changes i make to camber , springs etc the ride height for example at 50mm should be 50mm even after the changes, correct?

i can't understand what you trying to say by this . I'm sorry but could you explain it ?

18. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

Zandvoort setup upload has been added

instinkt likes this.
  19. Richard Busch

Richard Busch Member

Thank you again Remco. This is the kind of thing rF2 community is missing, the sharing of setups. We really need a place where we can share setups. Many of us are not good at altering or making a setup.
    We also need a way to name the setups so we can tell which track and car they are for.

Remco Majoor likes this.
  20. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

they are all ordered in maps, so you can downlaod it, then name it whatever you like. When people upload it, there are pre-filled forms for what the comp system is currently using, but they can fill it in on their own too. So I can see for what car/track combo it is