Setup sharing for everyone! (free)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Remco Majoor, Dec 24, 2020.

1. GertjanD

GertjanD Registered

Does anyone have a setup for the Tatuus f3-16? I find the default setup difficult mid corner in medium (sometimes also slow) speed corners. I tend to lose the rear a lot.

2. LighteningBolt

LighteningBolt Registered

Reduce rear spring rate to fix the loose rear and increase front wing. Also make the ride height lower in the front

atomed and GertjanD like this.
  3. ClemG

ClemG Registered

I'm looking for "very general" set-up advise/recommendations for the new Indy Cars at the Indy Oval. I'm new to open wheeled racing (this is my first try at it) and fairly new to sim racing in general. I've had RF2 now for about a year. I don't mess with the stock settings very much except for maybe gearing and a tweak of the wing settings on most cars. I'm just concentrating on my driving skills mostly. I noticed in the new Indy Car series released today that my Indy car is topping out at around 178 mph at Indy. Obviously that's way down on realistic speeds. I altered gearing slightly, rear wing slightly, and messed with the engine mapping some. I got a little faster. I was wondering if anyone could give me some basic recommendations (or a general set-up) on how to get speeds closer to real life cars around Indy. If you can get me in the ball park I'll be happy. Also, what is going on with the engine mapping? I think it defaults to 7. As I decrease it, what is happening? Thanks!

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

When selecting the car click customize. I think you'll find a package in there suited to the Indy oval.

Eric Rowland and TrigMan59 like this.
  5. Buynot

Buynot Registered

I need some major help when it comes to setups for the short oval and superspeedway spec IR18's. I've tried taking them out for a few test laps at Indianapolis and the workshop rendition of Iowa and they have 0 grip in the corners. Unless you're running half-throttle these things snap around at the slightest turn of the wheel. Any advice on how to make them more drivable?

6. ClemG

ClemG Registered

Thank you! I looked there quickly at first and skipped right past it. Holy crap is that Indy set-up fast. Good lord

Eric Rowland likes this.
  7. Schumi

Schumi Registered

This is what I talked about in the content release topic. It took me 120 laps in Iowa to find the settings. But now the car is behaving obediently. I can PM you a screenshot for you to try. Let me know if this is relevant.

8. Buynot

Buynot Registered

Yeah, if you could PM me that screenshot that would be great. I've been dying to get my oval fix in with these cars.

9. gbriden

gbriden Registered

I am in the same boat I don't need some trick setup I just need a solid BASE to work from on a Short Oval and a Long Oval bacause the Game setups for me at least are not usable. Because the car is so NEW it's hard to find much help with them.

10. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

I have no idea when it comes to the topic.
    But why lower at the front?
    I would have thought to reduce the height at the back? Because then there is more weight at the back?
    Like I said, I'm asking to learn.
    Please as simple as possible..

11. Germano Cervini

Germano Cervini Registered

Good day, who among you is able to create configurations for the new Dallara IR18 ?, I see that the database is not there, can you help me? thank you

12. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

I'll take a look this weekend if I can update the database a bit

pkelly, makan and atomed like this.
  13. Germano Cervini

yes thank you, also because the car deserves configurations, it is a wonderful car, ota in the competition sietam they use the DAYTONA Road circuit, please do a good configuration, thanks

14. atomed

atomed Member

We could ask Michi Hoyer, he´s only 4sec faster than the rest of us :oops:

15. Bernat

Bernat Registered

Didn't the GT3/GTE get a BOP since this video was made?

16. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

I have added 3 setups to the IR18, including Daytona ;)

17. atomed

atomed Member

Remco Majoor likes this.
  18. Germano Cervini

thanks Marco you are very kind, great configurations, good.......keep it up, do more configurations!

19. Germano Cervini

Hi, the new circuit of the week is out: "Formula E test circuit", can you create the configuration for the Dallara IR18?

20. Jair Oliveira

Jair Oliveira Registered

Dallara IR18 2022 DLC
    Olá pessoal! Não sei se o post está no assunto, se alguém poder ajudar, agradeço. Tenho tido problemas com a aderência do pneu traseiro direito do ir18 em qualquer pista oval. Este pneu aquece muito rapidamente e acima do pneu dianteiro direito, o que causa perda de aderência e causa rodadas de traseira quando passa de 100 graus Celsius. Alterei vários ajustes de configuração na suspensão e não consegui resolver o problema de superaquecimento deste pneu. Alguém já teve esse problema e sabe de uma solução? Obrigado!