[REL] Seat Leon Cup Racer 2014 v1.5 Update 21th May 2015

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Tommy78, Jul 20, 2014.

1. m0ck

m0ck Registered

Very nice update Tommy78
    You have fixed many things mentioned :)

Thank you

(small thing, the FFB is now noticeably weaker than in 1.1, maybe as a result of the changed tire physics? or suspension settings?)

2. Tommy78

Tommy78 Registered

Yes, because of the less grip

3. Emery

Emery Registered

Nice improvement! Now I'm liking it better than the rF1 version!

Now about those brakes not locking when going in a straight line... are you sure you didn't enable ABS in the mod?

4. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

ABS is not enabled from what I can tell, but if we were racing these things in real life we'd want a bit stronger brakes :)

However, that small adjustment aside, 1.2 is a commercial-quality mod in my opinion. Almost everything has been polished and it compares favourably to anything out there for rF2 either from ISI or the top modders. I would gladly pay a small fee for a mod of this quality.

The only niggle I have besides the brakes is that the AI need to be just a bit quicker...like 1% or 2% (on the rF2 AI scale). Everything else is artistic license and overall a smashing result.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2015
  5. m0ck

m0ck Registered

Emery, previously I was complaining about the brakes too, and they are improved in 1.2.
    They are more lockable (not at 60:40, but @ 65:35 and higher they are), not at the same ease as other mods [including ISI cars], but very noticeable improvement over previous version.

How about the FFB strength guys, does anyone think it became lightweight in 1.2? (Also speaking in comparison to ISI Civic/Clio....)
    I don't want to mess with CarSpecificFFBMult as then I start to get clipping.

6. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

FFB is perfect in my opinion--with Fanatec CSW. It was just a touch too heavy before, but as Tommy mentioned, it's just reflecting the grip and physics.

There is a tiny graphical issue around the edging of the hatchback. Just a tiny flickering that may be the same flickering problem as the black area above the rear bumper of the NSX. Graphics are 10/10 otherwise!

Sounds from the other cars are still a bit too loud.

And despite what I just said above, the AI might need to be sped up a bit more. Now that I have tried them on several tracks, they are consistently slow.

Brakes are very, very close to what I would imagine was real (which always includes the ability to lock wheels from anything other than extreme high speed).

But honestly, v1.2 is still as good as most commercial releases already. Anything else that Tommy fixes is just a bonus for me.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2015
  7. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

You got an answer from Tommy above. Just read...

8. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

It is lighter and some may not like it. It's a legitimate question. Unfortunately, depending on what wheel you have some cars feel too light (at 1.0 FFB multiplier). This one doesn't for me, but the ISI F2 is a joke. Someone with some other wheel may say the opposite. It helps the authors who don't have every wheel to test to give some feedback. And it wasn't expressed a juvenile whinge as we often read in here.

9. Tommy78

Tommy78 Registered

But how long it takes to change the FFB multiplier? I can't set the best FFB amount which is good for everyone. For me it's good enough, but someone like lighter and some harder, it depend on the user, and there's a way to adjust where you want.

10. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

I thought, he missed Tommy`s answer. Therefore i answered him. He may ask third or more times for a stronger FFB, doesn`t bother me ;-)

11. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

Thanks for update. Noticed the turbo press is up to 219. Does it mean 2.19 bar? 219 bar would be new world record:D

12. Tommy78

Tommy78 Registered

Yes, it's 2.19 bar, but the rF2 units is in kPa

13. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

Ok. Thanks. Impressive pressure!

14. Pablo S

Pablo S Registered

Thanks for the update Tommy, enjoying the car so much! :)

15. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

I noticed with higher track temperatures (=/> 29°), the engine blow up very fast. Cooling is moved to max. cooling. It`s just me? Maybe the oil temp cooling is to low?

16. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Tommy, I really love your work and it looks/feels absolutely awesome, so thank you for this great mod!!!

I would like to ask you if you're planning to update the internal sound as I feel that there is a problem there. It does not sound real at all, especially when accelerating/up shifting.

Below are two vids, one from Raceroom experience Seat Leon (which is awesome too btw) and the other one is yours. The difference in internal engine sound between the two is very clear...My point is not to compare in a bad way but just to hopefully make it better :) I apologize if you guys do not agree with my view.

I so love this mod...Thank you!!! :)

Raceroom experience Seat Leon

rFactor 2 Seat Leon

17. Tommy78

Tommy78 Registered

What was the temperature before blown the engine? But I think it caused by an early downshift, instead of the high oil temp.

18. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Mediafire link for version 1.2 is super slow for me (takes 2h when it should be about 2 mins with my connection)...any other link?

19. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Hm...good question. Something around 120° i believe? But the downshift thing could be, too. I will check this again. Thanks for the info.

20. Tommy78

Tommy78 Registered

120 oil temp is just the optimal, so I think it caused by the downshifting.