Rookies series is a garbage, please change it.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vale99, Dec 6, 2023.

1. Paul Harwood

Paul Harwood Registered

Fear not. I will move on if these issues persist.
    PH

2. Paul Harwood

Paul Harwood Registered

Disco issues. I am having them on the rookie event servers. I had no disco on the lafbros Ferrari v Ford servers. Are all the rookie event servers in Holland?

PH

3. Paul Harwood

Paul Harwood Registered

Yup! As I suspected disco again during the race with under 10 minutes left in race. Discos are happening not during practice or quali. but during the race itself. Its afternoon here in Montreal ... prime time North America ...

How do you want me to think about this? 4 discos 3 in the last 3 attempts at rF2 online DR SR events??

PH

4. trichens

trichens Registered

I'd like to see a timetable for the races being made available without having to fire up my gaming PC and opening rF2.
    That would allow me to work out what races I might like to take part in.
    Also being able to access the lap times leaderboard would be nice.

The former I would have thought should be quite easy to do.
    Just being able to log into my RaceControl account through a web browser would do the trick.
    Failing that a simple daily timetable posted on these forums would work.

wayneofgarth and Ho3n3r like this.
  5. trichens

trichens Registered

@Paul Harwood I believe the all the servers are AWS.
    I'd expect that to be pretty stable.
    No servers in Netherlands but I'd expect them to be USA based.

Paul Harwood likes this.
  6. Paul Harwood

Paul Harwood Registered

Thanks. I just got multiple discos on the Ford v Ferrari server. This was not happening before. I have not changed anything ... my ping to that server is 32 or so ,,, wth is going on? Servers are cloud-based ?

PH

Last edited: Dec 10, 2023
  7. Goanna

Goanna Registered

I asked on discord and reply was that servers are probably EU based. I know LFM went through a spate of mass disco’s on their servers some time ago and as usual rF2 wore the brunt of the blame….turned out there was some major routing issues in Europe (mainly Germany) that was causing the disco’s.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2023
    Paul Harwood likes this.
  8. Paul Harwood

Paul Harwood Registered

East coast of the US is currently socked-in heavy weather including strong winds and thunderstorms. I am in Montreal, on the north end of this east coast system, right downtown on a Bell Fiber optic connection hard-wired into the router.

9. Paul Harwood

Paul Harwood Registered

I looked in Win 10 firewall settings. rF2 has 3 entries. One of them only had private networks checked. The other 2 entries had both private and public checked.
    1-Should there be 3 entries for rF2?
    2- Both private and public should be checked for rF2?

I note almost no other users with disco issues and very little mention of connection issues on the forums ... noted.

PH

10. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

The servers are in Dublin, Ireland.

Paul Harwood likes this.
  11. Paul Harwood

Paul Harwood Registered

I just tried many connection settings and am getting discos after about 7 to 10 minutes.

The description of my internet service is Bell Fibe 25 = 25 mbps/25 mbps. I tried a custom setting with these values. Still disco.

Not sure what else to try. Ran AC on a open Spa-GT3 server = no issues as usual.

Thoughts?

The rest of the rF2 sim experience is fine. Offline, excellent. Just this disco issue is causing great losses of time.

I will start a disco thread in the tech forum ... in a bit. Been working on this for many hours today.

PH

12. Allwin20200

Allwin20200 Registered

OK, yesterday for the first time I had issues losing connection once logged in the server (practice). I was kicked out within seconds. That didn't happen in the beta. Anyone else?

Paul Harwood likes this.
  13. Paul Harwood

Paul Harwood Registered

I started getting disco'ed last week during rF2 online daily events. I was getting disco consistently trying the lafbros Ford v Ferrari server last night. I have been trying to adjust my connection settings in rF2 with no luck yet.

I will start a thread in the tech support forum shortly.

PH

14. Paul Harwood

Paul Harwood Registered

I have set my connection settings as per my isp speed test results. Still got disco from Ferrari v Ford server even more quickly than before!

Offline? Mac-Corp cars @ Belgium 66 = Pretty awesome feeling drive! Great cars Great track! (Drug test on those AI!)

PH

15. stonec

stonec Registered

I've had a couple during practice or change of session as well, but never during a race. I have a feeling they do tend to happen when there are a lot of registered players in the events and at least haven't had one yet in the less active hours, which would suggest it's a server-side issue.

16. Paul Harwood

Paul Harwood Registered

I started a thread for the 'lost connection' issue in the tech support forum:
    'lost connection' online servers
    https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/lost-connection-online-servers.75122/

As for the rookie races being 'garbage', I can't say I agree with that statement. Yes, the racing is very early rF in look and feel but I think the events are correct for their intent.

I do however would suggest that 'lost connection' events should NOT be included in DR and SR results. In sim racing, connection issues are considered to be the driver's responsibility but in my case for example, 7 out of my 9 DNFs were due to 'lost connection'.

During one event, a stop n go penalty message briefly appeared but I knew I had not faulted. I cycled through the right side menu and saw no penalty listed. But 'lost connection' ended that race.

One DNF was due to me bailing out of practice or quali when the message appeared, in an attempt at not having to go through the race already penalized. Unfortunately the events did count in results as DNF when in fact there should be a DNS: 'did not start' result which would less impact DR. (suggestion)

These issues should be explained to new rF online rookie events so as to avoid unexpected results.

add: I have suspended my attempts at daily races until this 'lost connection' is resolved.

PH

Last edited: Dec 13, 2023
  17. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

I agree with not making races count if you DNS.
    But, when it comes to DNF when losing connection people will just unplug their network cable if they have a bad race to avoid getting the bad result on their record. Hard for the system to know if you lost connection or someone unplugged their cable.
    I too get the connection lost problem all the time, but for me happens only when the game moves to the next session, had the problem 4 years with this game.

Paul Harwood and Lazza like this.
  18. stonec

stonec Registered

Could be done but then you could just pull your Ethernet plug to avoid losing SR.

Paul Harwood likes this.