Rookies series is a garbage, please change it.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vale99, Dec 6, 2023.

1. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

I think it's a bit wierd to tell people to play something else when they have a fair point. For a first good impression it would be nice if S397 atleast brought the starter content up to spec at one point. The Radical aswell as the Tatuus cars sound outright terrible for example and could use a visual facelift with some nice PBR shaders in the cockpits to make it an all around pleasent experience. I know, S397 are busy with LMU but I have talked about the standardization issue of rF2 countless times allready. There is a reason why so many people fire up AC - it simply feels like a cohesive experience with content that all feels like it's from the same game. I hate to say but I can't say the same thing about rF2. Just grab the Radical and afterwards the 488 and tell me that there aren't lightyears between those two cars in pretty much all aspects. Sure, iRacing is cheaper but with AC running on LFM now I don't think that we just should focus on iRacing at this point. Because running the well crafted content in AC is actually still alot cheaper than in rF2.

2. Bernat

Bernat Registered

I have little time to race too. Even driving rarely you'll be soon out of bronze.

The content on rookie is good enough and it serves as practice for the later races and filters out racers which couldn't care less.

3. Bernat

Bernat Registered

I can understand people wanting to drive any car whenever they want without limitations. Racecontrol seems to be more aimed to provide a kind of career experience that people were asking for too. It seems it will develop that aspect even more in the future.

Honestly, getting out of bronze isn't that hard. Although maybe they could put another category for those that only want to drive whatever without the ranked. It would fragment the player base though.

Edit: I don't specially like the Radical but I think the M2 and Tatuus are even more fun than the GT3. Graphically they still look good although a GT3 will always win on the looks even in reality.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2023
    trichens and atomed like this.
  4. solerpalau

solerpalau Registered

BTW what version of Le Mans are using in LFM? when it loads shows "FM 7"..

grudevart likes this.
  5. Woodee

Woodee Registered

a rip

6. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

I’m really enjoying it

mid keep the radical & the M2
    But switch the formula car for the skip barber

Some of the tracks are a bit of a bad choice imo

for tracks stick to the laser scanned/quality ones , Silverstone short , like rock , etc

wayneofgarth likes this.
  7. stonec

stonec Registered

AC is an almost 10 years old game at this point. Every piece of rF2 content has been updated several times in the time frame between AC's final update and now. I can't really understand why people would prefer an old outdated game running on some third party competition system.

8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Silverstone is no longer included with the game. Pretty sure it wasn't laser scanned either, nor Lime Rock.

The skip barber is a great learning car, but people new to rF2 and unfamiliar with a car like that will struggle massively. It's not a great one for actually doing some racing and learning some race craft.

Emery and avenger82 like this.
  9. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Have you noticed the OP hasn't replied with suggestions? "Please change it", to what?

10. Mauro

Mauro Registered

Brabham bt44b
    March 761
    Mclaren m23
    Brabham bt20
    Howston G4
    Howston G6
    Howston Dissenter

or s397 could create a “vintage events” serie

11. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

The answer is pretty simple. That ten year old content still utilizes all the games features it was created for and had very high initial level of quality while the base content in rF2 is all over the place in terms of quality. As more and more features crept into rF2 the big pile of content needing updates got bigger and bigger. Some of the content was of subpar quality at the point of release. And what's actually suprising about this is that the ten year old content in AC still holds up pretty well if not better than the rF2 content in terms of usability/physics and FFB, sound and graphics. That content didn't need ten years of continuious support. I can still boot up vanilla AC and it will run very well in terms of sound, graphics and all around quality.

Don't get me wrong, I am an rF2 fan through and through but I am not blind either to understand why a product like AC is alot more appealing to new players compared to rF2. And on top of that, LFM runs 3rd party content wich is practicaly ACs biggest selling point. I know that the focus is somewhere else right now, but S397 would do themself alot of favor and make their product alot more interesting if people could use the online booking and hosting system for 3rd party content and if the starter content had the same level of quality standard wich it doesn't have right now. I mean, if you aren't completely deaf there is no way you won't be annoyed by the sound of the Tatuus cars or the Radical when you have the M2 on the other hand. Quality of content isn't just about the x-th generation of tire updates. It's about maximizing the conteont with all of it's facettes using the full potential of the game engine while keeping it at a standard. And I am sorry to say this but you can't have cars in a game that use different sound systems, graphics pipelines and shader sets or driver models that look like they were created in 1999. This is exactly what makes people say: "Well, this looks like a ps1 game". :)

12. Love Guitars n Cars

Love Guitars n Cars Registered

Yes! Would love to see S397 at least try something like this. The Dissenter is one of my favourite cars.

Mauro likes this.
  13. Woodee

Woodee Registered

You consider those beginner cars do you? :D

AMillward and Mark Lloyd like this.
  14. Mauro

Mauro Registered

Yes, of course.
    You don’t need to go as fast as you can.

P.s. And for me they are much more educational to learn respect on track than modern cars “on rails”.

15. The_Bad_Fasterd

The_Bad_Fasterd Registered

Those types of cars are nothing but chaos on rookie iracing servers.

No thanks.

pkelly likes this.
  16. Woodee

Woodee Registered

People will go as fast as they can, and probably beyond what they can as rookies. You don't put a rookie in an F1 car! :D

Comante likes this.
  17. Allwin20200

Allwin20200 Registered

No, those cars are not for rookies...

18. Paul Harwood

Paul Harwood Registered

I just got rF2 and I tried the rF2 online rookie events. But I've gotten disconnected 3 times. And, the only disco'ed event that made it in my results shows a dnf when in fact I had worked my way up to 7th with only 1 minute to go in Rads @ Nola B and this dnf negatively affects the DR and SR. This kind of crap is totally unacceptable. I race online daily in GPL and AC with zero connection issues.
    PH

19. Paul Harwood

Paul Harwood Registered

My whole Saturday night rF2 nightmare posts from the rF2 discord channel/online chat forum:
    "More online lost connection with 1 min to go in radicals at NolaB ! That's after rF2 lost contact with my wheel and pedals and required 1/2 hour to reset all via total reboot twice! This will not do! How often does rF2 lose contact with wheels and pedals and requires total reassigns to reset?

I was running 79F1 offline. Tried to tweak a setup. rF2 lost the FF. Trying to fix that, rF2 lost the pedals, I noticed it had lost the control assignments for pedals, Fixed that now wheel was lost. It showed assigned ok but required 2 total reboots of system to come back. What is up with that?

Probably a whole hour lost due to these rF2 issues tonight. Most frustrating is getting disco when working on rankings! And i was doing well with 1 minute to go in race. rF2 showed the 'generating results' message after the disco but the event never got added to my stats!

Radical event does now show in results but shows a dnf which was caused by the disco. That sucks. Its incorrect. (I think I had worked my way up to 7th with 1 minute to go.) And I will give this crap 3 strikes! Its at 2 strikes now."

PH

20. Love Guitars n Cars

Love Guitars n Cars Registered

If you already think it's crap and you're not having fun save yourself the stress and move on.