[REL] rFactor2 Weather Tool

Discussion in 'Other' started by Gerald Jacobson, Mar 30, 2013.

1. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Can't wait to try it throughout this week that I am on vacation.

enviado mediante tapatalk

2. R-B

R-B Registered

Awesome progess Gerald! :)

I love the idea to have 1 installation of realweather for multiple rF2 installations! :)

3. Gerald Jacobson

Gerald Jacobson Registered

Thank for your greetings. For now, i still not have a response from ISI about freeze when changing weather from the plugin, so i'm stuck now.

4. Gerald Jacobson

New version available for download
    rFactor2WeatherTool + Realtime Server + Realtime plugin

For now, it is relatively limitated. Indeed all data are not yet available in the plugin API (like wind... - and the cloud coverage cannot be set, indeed the game override it with a computed value based on the rain intensity (so "No Rain" -> "Clear sky"))

As soon as rF2 will fix/enhance the weather part of the plugin possibilities, i will upgrade my tools.

5. MOD43

MOD43 Registered

Where do I extract the Realtime Server files?

6. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Gerald, in the ini file I set the core to <my rf2 path>\core and it said in red down the bottom "can't find mod manager".

I set it back to just my rf2 path and it seemed to find the core ok.

We are testing the realtime weather on "WRRacing.net Club" server....JOIN THE FUN!!!

Oh.... and THANKS GERALD :D

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2014
  7. Woodee

Woodee Registered

WHerever you like it seems... that is what I did.

8. Esteve Rueda

Esteve Rueda Registered

Following this! just started to use your Weather Tool (previously I allways edite .wet file with my own hands... xD), and now I see this.

I LOVE YOU! :eek: hahaha

Will see how It works for now, now we should wait for ISI's move, they need to improve rain (drying line), realroad and do some weather tweaks (implement wind, now seems It does not work), then I think rF2 will be completed for my taste.

9. Woodee

Woodee Registered

The 173 second limit, does this mean the current weather only changes every 173 seconds, or does the forecast for the rest of the day get updated?

10. Gerald Jacobson

Here my settings (because under this "CorePath", i have another "Core" directory containing the "ModMgr.exe") - maybe i missed something at rFactor2 install (C:\Users\Amphiprion\rFactor2\Core\Core\ModMgr.exe)
    Code:
    [RFACTOR2]
    CorePath=C:\Users\Amphiprion\rFactor2\Core
    GDBExtractPath=C:\Users\Amphiprion\rFactor2\Core\Plugins\TrackMap\Tracks

I will add comment in the ini file

Wherever you want as soon as the exe and the ini stay in the same directory.

The weather only change at the given frequency. 173 second is linked to the limit of the free API Key, if you have your rF2 Weather plugin running 24h/24h. You can reduce it if you server run less than 24h/24h.
    As a reminder, the free API Key allows: 500 query per day, with a maximum of 10 query per minute.

And for now, i don't know if rF2 as soon as we change the weather via the plugin, rF2 stop to use weather that was collected in the WET file, or if rF2 still use what was computed using WET data.

11. Gerald Jacobson

I forgot that a same dedicated server can run several profiles.
    So v1.1 of the plugin now requires that "WeatherControlPlugin.ini" is copied under "<rf2Data>\UserData\<profile>" directory and not at the same location than the DLL

Download

12. Gerald Jacobson

Weather Server 1.1.0.0 available

- Allows you to override the lat and long comming from the GDB (in the realTime Tab)
    - Add "User" tab, allowing you to inject a user define weather

INFORMATION : rF2 does not respond exactly to the provided weather (rF2 is not mature on it for now, so don't be surprised if the weather you got, does not correspond to the one provided - Normally it is not a bug of my tools :) )

13. RJames

RJames Registered

Just a observation when running the plugin (great job btw) on a test server, after a while we saw the rfactor 2 server instance spike up to 100% cpu usage and stay planted there.

The server instance is a fresh 660 installation running URD DTM & Hockenheim circuit. Liveracers plugin was also enabled. (4 other rF2 servers also running without issues, without the weather plugin)

I'm going to test on one of our other servers over the next coming days to see if it happens more often. However from liveracers I was able to see the temp's changing over the 3/4 hours it was online for.

14. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Running since yesterday, no problem about CPU on our side (Two servers running based on one install and on two profiles, only one with real time active)

15. Gerald Jacobson

WeatherServer.exe v1.1.1.0 available

- Fix a bug when the GDB output directory didn't exist (now all missing directory are created)
    - Fix a bug when the MAS file containing the GDB did not have the same name (for exemple ISI_Mores track) -> MAS= MoresShort.mas GDB=Mores_Short.GDB

PS: waiting to see if other people encounter CPU issue.

16. ~IsR~Barabba

~IsR~Barabba Registered

I tried to run your Plugin in our server.
    one is the normal version and the new version in real time.
    I put the file in the core and data, I put a folder with all gbd, of the track map.
    For the GBD, I have given the path of the folder, it is important that the program will find them.
    I've done registration and took the key.
    started the plugin, no error, it tells me that the track is, the temperature of the weather conditions.
    Only Poznan, gave me an error that you attach with screen
    But after making a tour of all the tracks I do not see any change in the weather conditions.
    It should the weather change and update itself when you go to another track?
    I confirm that even with this version of the CPU is going to 100%

Babs

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2014
  17. MerlinC

MerlinC Registered

From looking to your screen shot I'm asking myself whether you need to start the weather simulation - at least the status seems to be stopped.

P.S.: Just guessing because I did not use the weather tool so far.

Sent with Tapatalk

18. Just installed this on our test server this morning. Dedicated to running our next season mod and teamspeak server and on a 600/600Mbit connection - should be ok :)
    However, i might be wrong - but i changed this in the weatherservice.ini
    [RFACTOR2]
    CorePath=C:\Games\rF2\Core
    GDBExtractPath=C:\Games\rF2\Installed\Locations

It now tells me that it cant find the SEBRING_12h.mas - probably because we updated the track slighty and is not using that mas file?
    Edit: oh different issue now: cannot retrieve weather lat. is wrong

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2014
  19. Gerald Jacobson

Now. I take the scene path in the PLR and then scan all mas contained in the directory.

20. So i shouldnt get this error?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk