[REL] rFactor2 Weather Tool

Discussion in 'Other' started by Gerald Jacobson, Mar 30, 2013.

1. Gerald Jacobson

Gerald Jacobson Registered

not now as far as i know, but if i find a way to find the GDB file and extract it from the mas (without using the MAS2.exe gui), i could read it in the future weather process. In the plugin i can have the trackname (must do some test to see if it is enough)

2. Moe Faster

Moe Faster Registered

.gdb (& .aiw) has to be extracted manually to \rFactor2\Plugins\TrackMap\Tracks for each track for the MapPlugIn to work. so, there are all .gdb's for all installed tracks. be nice to get that automated from the ModManager at the track installation, but I guess it's not really ISI's problem, is it ?
    still, would be nice.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2014
  3. MerlinC

MerlinC Registered

Better solution from my point of view would be that ISI is adding a Methode in their API interface for PlugIns.

@ISI: Would be a shame if something is already working in rF1 (RFE plugin series) is not implemented in the next Generation (rF2). And real wheather is something ozr league is really looking for. Just make sure that track wetness is slowly increasing depending on how strong it's raining (thats the only minor bug in the rF1) solution.

Sent with Tapatalk

4. PMC

PMC Registered

Fantastic news about the realtime weather . Will this tool automatically sync the server and race sessions ,qaul warmup and race to realtime ?

5. Gerald Jacobson

I plan implementing two main functions:
    - Realtime -> so, what ever the session is, the weather is the one at the circuit location for "now".
    - Record & Replay -> for exemple, you want to play few days after the "24h of Mans", so you launch the recording of realtime weather data during the real "24h of Mans" (with this you will be able to record weather each minutes or so, and you will be more accurate that using the historical data for the current tool), and then the day you want to play the "24h of Mans" on rF2, you will inject the weather using the recorded data.

6. PMC

PMC Registered

Well that's even better than fantastic . Your tool will take rF2 to a totally new level . :D

EDIT:I guess ISI will have to start getting other weather variables working now , such as humidity , wind and altitude affecting the car i.e engine tuning

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2014
  7. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Yes I think this is a good idea. Maybe with a small server setting tap in the gui ?

8. Gerald Jacobson

9. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

10. Jeepy

Jeepy Registered

Fantastic Gerald !! Can't wait to try this new tool ! Ca va ĂȘtre de la balle !!

11. Steffen_M

Steffen_M Registered

In first post stands that there are only 5 zones possible in weather. Is this fixed by ISI or does the problem still exists?

12. Gerald Jacobson

Thanks, i have removed the note in the first post, as the limitation no more exists.

13. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

You can extract MAS files via command line now using the ModMgr. Do a ModMgr -help for all the options. You could locate track folder in Installed folder and then do a wildcard extract of *.gdb on each MAS file and then parse them all until you find the matching track/layout and then pull the lat/lon from it. This really would be better if you could access it directly via the plugin though.

14. Gerald Jacobson

What is the best way to find the GBD of the current track ?

Is the following is correct ? or the MAS filename and GBD filename can be different ?
    - open the PLR
    - retreive "Scene File" value (ex: "C:\Users\Amphiprion\rFactor2\Data\Installed\Locations\ISI_QuebecSuperKart_2011\1.07\QUEBECKART_RT3.SCN")
    - replace ".SCN" by ".MAS" (ex: "C:\Users\Amphiprion\rFactor2\Data\Installed\Locations\ISI_QuebecSuperKart_2011\1.07\QUEBECKART_RT3.MAS")
    - extract scene filename and replace ".SCN" by ".GDB" (ex: "QUEBECKART_RT3.GDB")
    - extract the GDB from the MAS (extract "QUEBECKART_RT3.GDB" from "C:\Users\Amphiprion\rFactor2\Data\Installed\Locations\ISI_QuebecSuperKart_2011\1.07\QUEBECKART_RT3.MAS")

Is it always correct ? or do you know the best way to work in any case ?

15. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

I am about 95% sure that would always work. I guess to be safe you could get the install location from the "Scene File" in the PLR file and then extract *.gdb from all of the MAS files and then parse all of them until you fine one that matches mTrackName from the plugin.

16. MerlinC

MerlinC Registered

On my whish-list would be that historical or prdedicted wheather data could be used as well. Important to me for real- time weather is the possibility to set an offset (not absolut value) for temperatures. Otherwise we never could drive in SPA in winter ;-)

Sent with Tapatalk

17. Gerald Jacobson

While waiting to find away to fix the rF2 freeze when changing the weather via the plugin, i have developped the plugin and the server (the server does not send the weather to the plugin).
    Here an idea of the server admin HMI.

View attachment 12438

18. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Excellent !! Pending the answer from ISI for the crash to start tests on our server !!!

19. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Gerald that looks good :) go go go :D

20. ~IsR~Barabba

~IsR~Barabba Registered

Fantastic Gerald

Babs :)