Rfactor2 The VR thread -settings & tips

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Adrianstealth, Apr 30, 2017.

1. rogue22

rogue22 Registered

If anything I'm just trying to get the mirrors to show something. Right now they show the left and right sides of the track.

2. metalnwood

metalnwood Registered

Agreed. VR has just brought me back to RF2 so a few things to figure out. On the UFS2000 cars the mirrors may as well not be there. Not sure if there is some adjustment of the mirrors. I dont care so much about having the view move when I move as long as they can point in a direction that is useful.

Just found out why wheel rotation has never worked for me. I didnt know previously that with an OSW it doesnt work and you have to change in the driver the wheel rotation for each car...

3. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I'm at work so can't remember the exact key bindings, but hold down shift + arrow keys to move mirrors up/down/left/right, then there's another key bind to move mirrors individually. Look in your player.JSON file as I believe it's described in there.

4. metalnwood

metalnwood Registered

Thanks Marc, I will follow up on that.

5. Kokomo

Kokomo Registered

I think it's ctrl (left) or alt (right) + the keys for moving the seat that you have to map, and they will move the mirrors instead

6. Narrowbackwing

Narrowbackwing Registered

"Self In Rearview":"",
    "Self In Rearview#":"Empty for nothing, * for everything, otherwise list comma-delimited instances you want _removed_",

It works but they have a problem, see my Quote above ---- change to this in player J.SON----------------------------------- "Self In Rearview":"true"-----------------------

7. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Mirrors are an fps hog
    Is there a way to reduce reflection distance ?

Think they can move with head as there is a line in the .JSON file but again it will increase PC load

The mirror angle adjustment seems broken. ( ctrl or shift + seat move keys )

8. Sento Siete

Sento Siete Registered

I have an issue with the Oculus, from time to time (sometimes each 30 seconds sometimes each 10 seconds) I see a flash of white light, It takes less than half a secong but is very anoying
    I've tried with different video settings and always is the same
    Someone knows why it happens and how can I correct it?

9. Kokomo

Kokomo Registered

That's probably SteamVR at it again. For some reason you are dropping too many frames and it sends you to the steamvr white room for a few miloseconds and then comes back

Sento Siete likes this.
  10. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Try reducing your settings
    It could be steam system kicking in due to frame dropping
    ( your working your pc to hard )

You really want some spare headroom

Sento Siete likes this.
  11. MarcG

MarcG Registered

That's SteamVR, I only get that issue since it updated last week (no other non SteamVR games suffer), there is a hack posted in the RaceRoom forums (community support) that fixes it to an extent.

Sento Siete likes this.
  12. Shawn Jacobs

Shawn Jacobs Registered

Anyone have an issue with the game just crashing to desktop after the initial rf2 load screen? It seems fine when I first load on reboot but if I exit the game and try and reopen it, it just crashes.

The work around I found was to untick steam theatre in the properties of rf2, but now it says the game will run on the desktop and cause performance issues, instead of the usual the game will launch in hmd, I haven't noticed a performance issue doing this but thought I'd check if anyone has a proper fix.

Also is there a way to adjust the ppd besides editing the steam files, in ac and I Racing you can do it in the actual game files so that I can have it set to suite the specific game, changing steam settings will screw them up unfortunately.

13. MarcG

MarcG Registered

You can adjust PPD in SteamVR now, that was added recently.

Shawn Jacobs likes this.
  14. Andy Garton

Andy Garton Registered

The crash on startup happens for me if I start SteamVR manually before starting the rF2 launcher. I have to start the launcher first, then SteamVR, then the game (if I don't start SteamVR manually I don't get any FFB, as per the release notes).

Shawn Jacobs likes this.
  15. Bruce0440

Bruce0440 Registered

I don't know it's a bug but when i'm in the garage -general, the UI don't show the square with the relation of the gears, is black and if you pass the stik over the numvers of the gears only you see the white file with rpm and line with km/h. Is imposible for me make a setup Carlos.

16. Christian Wolter

Christian Wolter Registered

Thanks!

17. hangon

hangon Registered

Thanks for reply..but..when I set my room config previously , I had it at room scale because alot of the other vr games I play require that. The other driving sims that use vr eg; Assetto,Race room,pcars.,work fine right away ,meaning the UI menu is right in front of me, I'm sitting in my simrig looking at monitor directly in front of me. Why does rf2 not ?...Instead of reconfiguring my room scale setup is there anywhere in the vr config files in rf2 that I could go and change ?

18. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

I only use one. Works fine.

19. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Two sensors work fine with SteamVR as well.

20. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Not using cloud cover ,
    Clear blue skies until clouds optimised