Rfactor2 The VR thread -settings & tips

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Adrianstealth, Apr 30, 2017.

1. kiko0602

kiko0602 Registered

start rfactor first then steam vr.
    i have flicker to when using HMD only,not when using HMD+mirror

2. Phaze1

Phaze1 Registered

Hi All. I'm using an HP Reverb with a PC that I recently built. The PC should be plenty fast with an Intel i9 processor, 32mb RAM and 2080ti video card. I'm getting great FPS rates (often near 90 fps) with most games (iRacing, Pcars2, and the non-modded tracks in rFactor2).

However I'm having trouble getting decent frame rates with some of the modded tracks Iin rFactor2, for example Mid-Ohio and Road America. Even when I turn detail down in game (which doesn't seem to do much with these tracks) I'm typically getting frame rates in the 40 - 50 FPS range. Any idea how I can improve the frame rates for these modded track? Maybe I don't understand how modded tracks are working or different than original tracks. Thanks for any thoughts and suggestions.

3. vittorio

vittorio Registered

I know that VirtuaLM tracks like Mid-Ohio are very CPU heavy. Since CPUs didn't improve much the last years but GPUs did, i doubt you will get high FPS on VirtuaLM tracks.

4. Phaze1

Phaze1 Registered

Thanks for your response Vittorio. Just curious can do users get much higher frame rates using triple monitors on VirtualLM tracks? If not how are users able to run these tracks. Thanks for helping me understand.

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

VR is more demanding on cpu use than triple screens are, so if cpu is the limiting factor there will be differences. Having said that, I think I might have lower fps at vlm mid Ohio (on triples) so they might just be more demanding overall.

The Iron Wolf likes this.
  6. Andregee

Andregee Registered

90fps in Vr means 90 fps per eye. The cpu has to calculate one frame per eye instead of only one. Even with a triple screen and multiscreen setting it is very difficulty to get enough frames on these tracks. They are simply very poorly optimized

7. Depco

Depco Registered

that is a normal message. i get it too. s397 need to continue to polish the vr experience.