[REL] rFactor2 Log Analyzer ver. 2. With offline and league Championship Manager

Discussion in 'Other' started by Nibo, Apr 15, 2015.

1. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Ah yes! :cool:

2. Nibo

Nibo Registered

There was a small bug with Hotlaps sector times in yesterdays release. I fixed it and reuploaded archive with the same name.
    So I ask everyone who downloaded r2la 2.029 before this moment to redownload it. Sorry for mix-up.

3. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Maybe a stupid Question...could this be a Problem for rF2 Logfiles, if two Drivers have exactly the same Name?

4. Nibo

Nibo Registered

It could be. But I didn`t encountered such results yet. May be you or someone else have them?
    I think rfactor2 will create .xml without problems. But in r2la you can have errors... or not. Best way to test is to have such logs.

But its best to avoid this situation. Make sure driver names of your competitors (online and offline) are unique.

5. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

I uploaded a result file

View attachment 16802

I ended the Race in P1, but the Analyzer didn`t show the result correct

//Edit: As we did the Names of the Palatov AI`s, nobody was aware about this Problem...

//Edit2: should be a different Problem. I checked the Logfile and can`t find a second Driver with my Name...

//Edit3: the funny thing around this, the Graph shows me on P1, but the Result not...

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2015
  6. Nibo

Nibo Registered

I do not see any repeated names in 2015_05_29_14_58_11-41R1.xml. Drivers are unique. May be I misunderstood something... Where you asking about equal names in relation to this log or in general?

Problem with this log is the same as with P.S.R.`s in message #95 in this thread. rFactor2 didn`t update <Position> tag on race finish. But I rely on <Position> tag, so nothing I can do. Its rFactor2 bug.
    Best theory of why this happens so far is - you exited/accelerated race session before all or some drivers finished. Try to always wait for AI`s to finish before exiting race session to main menu.

About equal names, I "forged" some xmls and the way parsing is done r2la just ignores data for second driver with the same name. Not ideal, but it looks like no errors will be shown.

7. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Please see my Edits...

8. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Yep. rf2 did not write proper <Position> tag in .xml. Do you remember how you exited this session? Did you accelerated it or pressed "Finish session" button?

9. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Hm...i was running out of fuel at the end of the Inlap, went to the Box (ESC), was waiting a little bit (i guess all AI`s crossed the Line) and restarted the Weekend.

10. Nibo

Nibo Registered

I guess thats it. I`ll write bug report about this. Nothing else we can do. Just don`t press "Restart weekend" if you want results to be correct. Exit to main menu after race finish.

Jens Kohlmetz likes this.
  11. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Thanks for the explanations

//Edit: by the way, i got the Problem with two identical Names in another race. My Result wasn`t shown, too.

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2015
  12. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Attach it here also, I`ll see what I can do in future r2la versions.

13. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

This logfile was deleted, i`ll try to reproduce the issue...

14. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Might be nice to have a refresh button on the Combo view ;)

15. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

rFactor2 Log Analyzer ver. 2

Can't help but wonder if it would be possible and make sense to store an "association" of AI percent strength and other game option settings from player.JSON. For example, when I refresh an association is made between result XML and "race" conditions and AI% so I don't have to keep track of that on paper that I keep losing. Understandably, I would need to make sure I refresh before changing race conditions and/or AI% but would be GREAT to have something like that because only piece that is missing that needs to be recorded and which isn't stored on result XML files but exists in player.JSON.

Edit - And it wouldn't be necessary to store all information for every session ; even just max AI% per combo would still be very helpful.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2015
  16. Nibo

Nibo Registered

I understand you, but unfortunately that would be not consistent. People would get confused if they see this data and data would not be factual because of mismatch for some reason. I think our only hope is to persuade ISI to add some more parameters to .xml files.

17. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

rFactor2 Log Analyzer ver. 2

Yeah you're right and the good news is that there are other things to track about combos anyway so there is no additional cost to capture key settings in whatever instrument is used for those additional things.

18. tjc

tjc Registered

Guys, I`ve only just got round to trying the LA but when I get to the part where I have to enter my rf2 install path in the form it keeps telling me it can`t find my rf2 install at that address...

That`s where I have rf2 though but it`s not a default install to C:

It`s on my SIMS drive which is D:

Anybody else come across this problem? Or know of a fix?

19. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Strange. Are your rF2 User Data installed in the same dir as the rF2 core files? My rF2 is on D drive and I have no problem entering d:\rfactor2
    What path exactly are you entering?

Upd. Do you have rFactor2\Core\data.path file? What text is in it?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2015
  20. tjc

tjc Registered

D:\RACING SIMS\rFactor 2 is my rf2 path...

Every time I enter it I`m getting the same error message...

Data and Core are in the same place.

:confused: