[REL] rFactor2 Log Analyzer ver. 2. With offline and league Championship Manager

Discussion in 'Other' started by Nibo, Apr 15, 2015.

1. Nibo

Nibo Registered

2. Corti

Corti Registered

Nibo good idea, thanks for your work.

3. whitmore

whitmore Registered

Nice work. One question what is the preferred startup for the app. Run the bat file each time or run the executable?

4. Nibo

Nibo Registered

whitmore, preferred way is r2la.bat

For users upgrading from older versions, do not just overwrite old 2.026 folder with 2.027. Every r2la version has its own folder and it should stay that way. You will not have your track associations from old version, but I will add a way to transfer them from version to version in next update.

5. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

I'd love to see a Possible column (like in the Offline Championship results view) added to the Race Results view or (maybe better) "Race fastest laps (by driver)" table. I find myself trying to compare Possibles with AI in the Sectors/Laps view but it is more difficult because so many rows separate them. Anywho, may be stupid but I just thought I'd mention it just in case you also thought it was good idea and there was room for it, etc. etc. As, always I defer to your excellent judgement and vision for the tool...

6. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Yes, good idea, will add "possible time" to Race fastest laps (by driver).

7. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

8. whitmore

whitmore Registered

View attachment 16657 Getting this error when trying to view results. Can access offline challenge page ok.

9. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Is this the first time you running r2la? Or this happened after "refreshing" for new logs or some other action? Only way i can help now is to have a copy of your rFactor2\UserData\Log\Results dir. Zip it, and upload it somewhere for me, if you can.

10. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Just FYI regarding race evaluation form I am populating using data points I get out of Log Analyzer ==> Link

Might be some nuggets in there worth including in future views. Might not ;)

11. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Found a problem with track disconnecting. So publishing new version.

https://www.mediafire.com/?qm0fsfd0dw5wh7y
    2.028:
    Introduced track association import to transfer your track associations between r2la versions. Track associations now stored in r2la_settings.json file in rF2 Log Analyzer directory. You can copy this file from old r2la folder to new one and import from "Tracks options" page.
    Fixed error when disconnecting track associations
    "Possible time" added to Qual results, Race best laps and Session results tables

Still do not know what problem whitmore having. I hope he provides more info.

12. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Thanks, Nibo (I see how you came up with that name :p).

I am not familiar with what track associations are. Is copying that file required? My guess is it had something to do with saving time when importing data to the tool vs having to associate from scratch or something like that?

13. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Yes, its for saving time. There are track versions like "Sebring 12h" Course and "Sebring 12h Course League Edition", which is the same track, only with anit-cut walls added. So in r2la you can go to tracks/options and make track records from "Sebring 12h Course League Edition" show up in "Sebring 12h" track table. Basically making it one track. You can have many associations like this.
    But when I publish new r2la version you start it from scratch, with empty db, loose you track associations. From now on you can just copy r2la_settings.json file from old folder to new and press import button. r2la_settings.json is updated automatically every time you do something to track associations.

14. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Ah, so what you are talking about are track associations :p Thanks for explanation and another great design feature! :cool:

15. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Hello, Nibo. Do you mind taking a look at this file? The tool is reporting me as last, for example, and other drivers' finishing positions are inaccurate, too. From what I can tell in xml the xml looks correct and I should have finished 14th but Log Analyzer has me as 15th. The race before this also had an anomaly as well where it had my position wrong. Happy to send that one also if helps...

View attachment 16705

16. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

By any chance, did you switched to the next session, after finished the race? Afaik sometimes rF2 have problems to write accurat logfiles, if the session was not switched to the next one...

17. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Sorry, don't understand what you mean by "switched to next session after the race". Do you mean restart weekend? Also, xml file looks correct. It is Log Analyer that is incorrect.

18. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Erm.. xml is not correct. Every driver in this log has <Position> tag wrong. It looks like for some reason rf2 didn`t change it on race finish. So for everyone <GridPos> == <Position>. It just happened that for some drivers starting and finishing positions are equal and it looks "right" for them. Why it happened, I do not know, may be its specific track fault? Because its never happened before, I assume its something with the track... Or may be changing/accelerating/abruptly exiting from session.

Anyway, I do rely on <Position> tag. I assume its always right. So not my fault. If you really need, you can manually change <Position> tag in this .xml to correct numbers. Remove it from Results dir, "refresh" r2la, put corrected log in Results dir and "refresh" again.

19. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

I guess, this...

20. Redpxl

Redpxl Registered

Thanks for this great tool Nibo. Nicely done and presented.