[REL] rFactor2 Log Analyzer ver. 2. With offline and league Championship Manager

Discussion in 'Other' started by Nibo, Apr 15, 2015.

1. knackko

knackko Registered

Hi all,
    I am trying to start R2LA on windows 11, but got an error. I think something is missing, but anybody succeed to start R2LA in windows 11?
    I tried to start last web2py, it is ok.

View attachment upload_2024-3-12_21-33-59.png

2. knackko

knackko Registered

Ok, forgot the famous VC runtime 2016 x86 !

3. Paolo Pennimpede

Paolo Pennimpede Registered

So now looks like it works, I added RF2 folder as "main" folder in initial setup then added LMU result folder in options and now it works.
    But now I realize I prefer to have two separate r2la folder, one for LMU and one for RF2 because it's difficult to tell which one is from RF2 and which is from LMU when you have many results.

I don't think there is a way to filter LMU or RF2 because the results xml are virtually the same with same tags, unless you can do some trick checking gamepath in trackdata tag, or gameversion or maybe LimitedTires (this last one I think is present only in LMU).

4. Nibo

Nibo Registered

At the moment I have no plans to add filter by sim, because I don't save what sim this log belongs to along with log data. And there is no 100% reliable way to say if log is from LMU, except maybe to check a combination of values (TrackData path, PlayerFile name,
    TrackCourse name etc).

5. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I'm curious about tyre and fuel data from online races. However log analyzer only shows me data from AI offline races. Am I doing something wrong or is it just designed like this?

View attachment upload_2024-3-18_1-3-21.png

6. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Its how rFactor xml logging works. For online sessions only server will have complete log files with tire and fuel data. Players that joined that server will have log files without tire and fuel data. I think it's logical in a sense that it's done to hide that data from competitors. Server admin can decide to publish its logs with all data or not.

hexagramme likes this.
  7. DanRZ

DanRZ Registered

Hello, i have checked on my server and fuel/tyre data only works on Practice/Qualification but not in Race.
    I have added some offline logs to my r2la and have data on Fuji : http://rf2.dedicated.danrazor.net:8000/
    See in Fuji Speedway, Practice and Quali show tyre/fuel data but not the Race.

8. Nibo

Nibo Registered

I'm not sure what you mean. All offline logs (P, Q and R) from Fuji in your Results Viewer have tire/fuel data.

9. DanRZ

DanRZ Registered

Weird, i can't see Fuel/Tyre on Race ...

Sorry, that was a bug on my Phone. Everything appears also in Race.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2024
  10. DanRZ

DanRZ Registered

Players don't have fuel/tyre data but the host always has it (Solo or Dedicated).

11. Pales

Pales Registered

Hi Nibo, hope you're doing well.

I saw that you updated this for Le Mans ultimate, does that mean that it is compatible? If so, that really is excellent news. Have you encountered any limitations compared to rF2?

I haven't had an opportunity to test it just yet but I am really hopeful it does all the good stuff for offline. AI compounds, tyre wear, fuel gauge, ai live timings, ai top speed, ai sector times, etc.

Your tool is invaluable to the offline community :)

12. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Thanks for the reply. And yeah, it is very logical of course. All makes sense.

13. Brutten

Brutten Registered

Hi @Nibo

Is there any way to recover a deleted championship? I made a mistake

14. Nibo

Nibo Registered

In offline logs all cars have (should have) full data. It is visible in your 3 latest results from Fuji.

It works with LMU completely fine. Its the same rF2 log files. I just updated some paths, track names for flags and added car class color badges.

No. But log files should remain. You will have to re-make it as new championship. If you deleted log files through r2la, then look in rFactor 2\UserData\Log\Results\r2la_temp directory, r2la moves "deleted" log files there. You can put them back to /Results.

atomed likes this.
  15. Brutten

Brutten Registered

Ok, I will see what I can do. Thank you.

16. Pales

Pales Registered

Have you ever considered adding a section where we can write our own blog entries for the races?

17. Nibo

Nibo Registered

There is a "Notes" tab for championships, maybe you can use it like that. But I have no plans to add user-created pages to races.

Pales likes this.
  18. Matthew Overton

Matthew Overton Registered

Nibo, having a problem where the track records tab is only showing tracks and records from BEFORE certain date. No tracks or track records are being shown after this date. A server restart has meant the rf2la app is picking up and displaying track records now from AFTER the restart point. A d/l test with the update (using v.019 currently and have the .026-x64 update) shows the track records properly to start, but when after importing from the rf2la.json, the gap is recreated. I've checked the json and nothing seem odd, so what would be the solution?

19. Nibo

Nibo Registered

I'm not sure I understand completely what you describing. Possible reasons:

1. You are using non-Dedi version of r2la and your in-game name changed (even trailing space is enough for a change). Then you will not see your records with "incorrect" name. r2la takes user name from rF2 player.json file on first start and looks up for that name in xmls to create personal lap records.
    2. Maybe you have multiple folders with log files added to r2la on Options page? Then if something happened with one of added log folders (moved, deleted) you will not see that files in r2la anymore.
    3. If Records from some date do not show up, then most probably in Results Viewer log files with that records also do not show up? Then there is no such logs in folder.
    4. If you are using DEDI version. If reports with lap times in Results Viewer do show up, but track records from that reports do not show up, then it maybe be a bug, but I doubt it. I need more info and send me that log files then.

20. Matthew Overton

Matthew Overton Registered

It is case 4, the DEDI version. No tracks or track records show up from after 7 Dec 2023 and then start again today. Which log files do you need? \web2py\logs is empty

The results files show up but are not being picked up in the Records tab