[REL] rFactor2 Log Analyzer ver. 2. With offline and league Championship Manager

Discussion in 'Other' started by Nibo, Apr 15, 2015.

1. GregKoMa

GregKoMa Registered

Bonjour Nibo,
    on vient de me signaler un soucis sur la dernière session de notre serveur.
    Certain pilotes n'apparaissent dans r2la. Je te joint les logs et la session en HTML. Merci pour ton aide.

Hello Nibo,
    I have just been notified of a problem with the last session of our server.
    Some drivers do not appear in r2la. I am attaching the logs and the session in HTML. Thank you for your help.
    PS: this is not the first time that someone has made this comment to me, the same on old versions of r2la

http://rf2log.virtualfrenchracing.fr:8000
    practice 2023_12_11_15_13_35-79P1

Attached Files:

• log.zip
      File size:
      103.2 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2023
  2. GregKoMa

GregKoMa Registered

3. DanRZ

DanRZ Registered

See on second session on lower part : This logs contains multiple ...

r2la keeps only the very first (or last ?) session of a driver. If he drives multiple cars, only one session is kept.

If you want to see all datas you need to change name of drivers with multiple sessions in the xml file.
    No other solution ... Sorry.

<Name>Jean Dupont</Name>
    To
    <Name>Jean Dupont #1</Name> and so on for each session.

4. Nibo

Nibo Registered

What DanRZ says is true. But probably not in a case of log you uploaded (2023_12_11_15_13_35-79P1). It has only 3 <driver> tag blocks and all 3 are displayed by r2la. I see there were other drivers on server in <Stream> block. I don't know why rFactor2 did not create <driver> blocks for them. Maybe because they were not on the server when session was ended or session was restarted. I get similar complaints a lot, but its nothing to do with r2la, its specific to how rFactor creates xml data when Practice session ends. I don't know exactly why and what happens there.

GregKoMa likes this.
  5. GregKoMa

GregKoMa Registered

Thank you for your answer. Actually I saw the 3 blocks at the end so it's really a problem with RF2. It's a shame because this problem is not new. Maybe we should report this to the studio.

6. Nibo

Nibo Registered

I think it was reported several years ago. If I'm not mistaken even I reported it. It was not fixed then. Maybe current studio will do this...

GregKoMa likes this.
  7. Gecko898

Gecko898 Registered

Good afternoon, I cannot seem to get the live timings to display my servers. I have done the following:
    1. Fire wall rules for the app on specific ports (Inbound/Outbound/TCP/UDP)
    2. Port forwarding to specific IP and port
    3. Shared memory tool dll installed
    4. custom plugin variables JSON adjusted
    5. Live timing JSON adjusted
    6. Run both DEDI server and r2la as admin

I am using the 2.1.022 x64 version and am at a loss, any advice at this point is welcome.

Thank you in advance.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2023
  8. Nibo

Nibo Registered

9. Matthew Overton

Matthew Overton Registered

Nibo, just did a clean up of non-championship xml files from within rf2la, but it cleaned them all - which meant that I could not access results from championships that had been completed. fortunately, was able to restore the files - thanks for that capability! What do I need to do differently to ensure that the xml files attached to championships, active or finished, remain available?

10. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Not sure how that is happening. It works correctly for me. But I have small sample of log files to test on. I re-checked a function that deletes non-champinship files and do not see obvious bugs. If an xml file is assigned to championship (they are marked with "cup" icon in Results viewer), then it shouldn't be deleted when using "Remove logs not assigned to championships" button. If this assigned xml file is a Race file, then its Qual log also will not be deleted.

Are your assigned log files marked with "cup" icon in Results Viewer? Because its the same condition that is checked to show icons and not delete them.

11. Matthew Overton

Matthew Overton Registered

Yes, they are assigned and have the 'cup' icon. So tried it again today and it worked fine. Not sure what happened, but twice before it did not work properly. rF2 things I guess. Thanks for checking, sorry to have been a bother

Nibo likes this.
  12. Spyro

Spyro Registered

Hello Nibo,

Just a quick find I discovered. Some tracks got a double space in their name like "Monte Carlo 1986" (Visible in the xml file).
    R2la transforms their track name with a single space, and it can't links anymore results within the hosted competition tool (Because the name proposed in the drop down list got a single space too)

Not a big problem, but I spent a whole hour wondering why times were not logged on my hosted competition :)
    Thanks for this great tool, so useful for our online championship !

13. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Yes, the problem is (was) with HTML not rendering double spaces (especially in track name helper dropdown on Create Competition page). In r2la database track name is saved correctly initially with double spaces.

I fixed that drop down to show and save track names with double spaces in Competitions correctly now. Uploaded fixed archive to latest version url without version change. If you are using latest version now (v.2.1.022), then there is no need to re-intsall r2la, you can re-download latest archive and just substitute your rF2 Log Analyzer ver. 2.1.022\web2py\applications\r2la\compiled folder, select "overwrite files" when asked. Restart r2la. You may need to create new competition or edit track name in old competition to see changes.

Track names with double spaces will still be displayed with one space on other r2la pages (like Track Records, Results Viewer..)

Spyro likes this.
  14. Felipe Augusto

Felipe Augusto Registered

Hello,

I'm having problems with the number of Finished/Started laps in the "Records" part of R2LA. The values are duplicated. If I did 10 laps on a track, it appears I did 20. Has anyone ever had this bug?

15. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Maybe you have both server and local log files from some online session(s) in your Results folder? Then I suppose it can count the same laps twice.

16. Felipe Augusto

Felipe Augusto Registered

No Nibo, use is exclusive to the RF2 dedicated server (SteamCMD).

From my latest observations, this occurs when I edit or delete an existing log and then the counter becomes wrong.

17. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Yes, if you edit files in r2la, they are "cloned" first. So if you have both cloned file and original, it counts data from them twice in this case. I don't think I will be able to fix this. Its an overlap of several r2la features.

18. Netherealmian

Netherealmian Registered

Hi Nibo,
    I think I've uncovered an issue with the track records and wanted to get your opinion.
    In the examples attached, we ran a couple of test races on our new server and I found that the driver highlighted set a faster lap in one of the earlier race sessions on the night compared to the session that his fastest lap was actually determined in the Records section.
    Given we can't alter the compiled files to understand why it's determining the incorrect value, do you have any ideas why it might be doing this?

P.S: our league is a big fan of the product and it has filled the gap left by Live Racers for us!

Cheers,
    Nether

Attached Files:

19. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Netherealmian, can not say what is going on without log files. Send log files of both this Race sessions (...52-03R1.xml and ...33-64R1.xml) to me here or by PM. I will look.

20. Netherealmian

Netherealmian Registered

@Nibo here's those three files - just change the extensions. These are all three races that happened on the night.
    Thanks for volunteering to have a look.

Attached Files: