[REL] rFactor2 Log Analyzer ver. 2. With offline and league Championship Manager

Discussion in 'Other' started by Nibo, Apr 15, 2015.

1. jonno

jonno Registered

hi found this since live races is shutting down as of Monday i need some help well a lot of help really..

iv looked over it all and i got to admit 90% of it went over my head does anyone have a video of this being set up or would someone be as kind to walk me through it as if I'm a child taking baby steps lol. iv been sat here for the last hour reading it lol an im non the wiser please assist an old fool many thanks...

2. Nibo

Nibo Registered

jonno, there are step by step instructions in r2la steam guide. There is additional help info, when you start r2la, on build-in r2la Help page.

3. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Updated to 2.1.018
    • Added position (numeration) column to records table on Track Records page.
    • Added options to hide Championship and Competition buttons in top menu for non-admin users.
    r2la admin will have to remove web2py\applications\r2la\sessions folder right after changing menu buttons visibility for users to see changes.

4. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Latest archives updated in-place without version change:
    • Added "Show both driver vehicle and team name in driver standings" championship option.

Corgan, buzz hornet, yashiman and 2 others like this.
  5. JuanP006

JuanP006 Registered

Thank you for all the recent features added.

6. Alan Santo

Alan Santo Registered

Hey Nibo! Thank you for this great tool and for continuously bringing features to it.

Is it possible to define a different path other than / for the website in the host?
    For example, when it starts, it points out to 127.0.0.1:8000/ or public ip and so on.
    Is there a way of deploying the web app to 127.0.0.1:8000/livetiming or any other path instead?

7. Chris M

Chris M Registered

Hi Nibo,
    A quick suggestion or idea for the hosted competitions section of rf2la. Is it possible to display 'fuel remaining' data (ie. Litres) within the competition results table?

8. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Alan Santo, I'm not aware how to do that or if it possible at all. I don't think its possible by user configuration.

Chris M, it is theoretically possible to show fuel percentage at the end of the timed lap. But competition system is complex and I'm afraid I can not do this properly right now with all testing needed, to not break competition system backward compatibility.

9. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

I'm struggling to get live timing working despite (to the best of my knowledge) following the help on this topic. I'm running the dedi mode.

The web2py comes up (run as admin from the r2la_live_timing.bat) but all I get is the polling ticker in the browser.

My CustomPluginVariables.JSON has the following entries now for the shared memory map:

Code:
      "rFactor2SharedMemoryMapPlugin64.dll":{
        " Enabled":1,
        "DebugISIInternals":0,
        "DebugOutputLevel":2,
        "DebugOutputSource":1,
        "DedicatedServerMapGlobally":0,
        "EnableDirectMemoryAccess":0,
        "EnableHWControlInput":1,
        "EnableRulesControlInput":0,
        "EnableWeatherControlInput":0,
        "UnsubscribedBuffersMask":160
    I *do not get* an rf2smmp_debugoutput.txt file in the Userdata\log directory. All four runtimes appear to be in place. The sharedmemory map plugin is the version released by SevenSmiles on Mar 9th 2023.

Any further ideas?

10. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

Ah.

I've found that the custompluginvariables.json file keeps getting overwritten with one where the share MM plugin is disabled.
    I've tried closing the relevant instance of rf2, editing and restarting the dedi but find that overwrites the json again.

Where is it getting it from? I've got two dedis running under separate users (and folders) on the server...

OK - I'm over this hump now. Must have been editing the file at the wrong time (dedi still running).

Next problem - the *other* dedi instance (player_01 - player_03 is working fine) is not showing up at all in the r2la pages (live or just results)... Must be the log location - but I thought they both used the same one...?

OK - almost cooking with gas!

Both server instances now appear to record Results to the static pages. Only one of the server instances shows up in the live screen. I've checked and both have the SMM enabled in their respective customplugin.json files...

How do you get two dedis on the same physical server to show up in Live?

Last edited: Aug 12, 2023
  11. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Are you running both dedis from the same windows user?

Maybe try to use global memory:
    • Turn off r2la and rF2 server.
    • Set DedicatedServerMapGlobally value to 1 in rFactor 2\UserData\player\CustomPluginVariables.JSON file.
    • Set read_global_memory value to 1 in rF2 Log Analyzer ver. x\web2py\applications\r2la\live_timing_settings.json file.
    • Restart r2la and rF2.
    • If still not working, try to start both r2la_live_timing.bat and rF2 Dedi "as an administrator" (with admin privileges) in windows.
    • Set both back to 0 if it will not work.

Mauro likes this.
  12. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

Thanks. I’m running each dedi under a separate windows user - back in the day, we had several admins, one windows user and chaos ensued as people ‘accidentally’ made changes to the wrong dedis….:(

I’lltry the global memory option - are there any known downsides?

13. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

…hasn’t worked so far. About to try ‘run as admin’…

14. Matthew Overton

Matthew Overton Registered

Nibo, in your plans, are you looking at updating the flat map in the live tab to a map that actually represents the circuit layout?

15. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

…so one of the dedis is not working with live - even if it is the first one started (after the analyser). For what it’s worth, the analyser is running under the same win user as the ‘good’ dedi. The one that refuses to show in live is on another account.

(Update) I’m going to have to give up for the evening.

I’ve tried running both dedis out of one win user - both with and without the global memory option. I still can on,y get the one (the same one) to show in live. I can’t see anything obvious in the customplugin.jsons

Am I missing something *really* obvious? Is there any magic in the live timing page required to see the second instance or should they just show up together?

Thanks for all the help so far.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2023
  16. Nibo

Nibo Registered

MileSeven, I don't think there are downsides to using "global memory". Its just tells r2la where in what windows memory space to look for rF2 processes and for plugin where to put data. You can always revert to not global option. I remember I had problems with other users starting rF2 servers from different win users. I don't remember that we successfully solved this. Maybe some admins who run multiple rF2 servers from different win users can tell more about their experience.

Matthew Overton, no, sorry. There is no map data in memory stream. And its too complicated task overall.

MileSeven likes this.
  17. Matthew Overton

Matthew Overton Registered

Thanks for the answer

18. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

Update: Ok, live timing is now showing both dedis if they are running from the same Windows account (which is also the one I’m running the R2LA from)… Yay!

What I would really like is to get it working when they run from separate Windows log ones. HAS ANYONE MANAGED THIS?

Nibo likes this.
  19. bo1210

bo1210 Registered

Upgraded to 18, now seeing this at start. The records report correctly, but the results do not, as they show "error" all the way across.

Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "C:\rF2 Log Analyzer ver. 2.1.018\web2py\applications\r2la\modules\la_core.py", line 94, in import_logs
    opened_file_str = f.read()
    File "C:\Python310\lib\codecs.py", line 322, in decode
    UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf-8' codec can't decode byte 0x80 in position 0: invalid start byte

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "C:\rF2 Log Analyzer ver. 2.1.018\web2py\applications\r2la\modules\la_core.py", line 97, in import_logs
    opened_file_str = f2.read()
    File "C:\Python310\lib\encodings\cp1252.py", line 23, in decode
    UnicodeDecodeError: 'charmap' codec can't decode byte 0x9d in position 3: character maps to <undefined>

20. Nibo

Nibo Registered

bo1210, most probably something is wrong with some log file(s). Zip your "Results" folder with xml files and send them to me, I will look.