[REL] rFactor2 Log Analyzer ver. 2. With offline and league Championship Manager

Discussion in 'Other' started by Nibo, Apr 15, 2015.

1. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Hi Nibo,
    i have a little Problem and hoping for your help ;-)
    When i look into the Tab Recors, there are the AI Laptimes only shown. Even when i toggle Hide/Show AI times, my own Laptimes doesnt show up. Any suggestion? I`m using rF2 LA v2.1.017 and did a new install allready.

2. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Your name in log files must match a player name that r2la found on first start in your player.JSON file (if you provide correct path to your main rFactor2 directory). If you changed your name in game sometime after r2la first start (or other way around), it can not find your name in logs and is not saving records.

Juergen-BY likes this.
  3. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

My Player Name in the player.json is the same as the Name in the log files. The Player Nick in the player.json is different. Is that the problem?

4. Nibo

Nibo Registered

No, Nick should not matter. What path did you enter in the first r2la form? To rFactor2 root directory or to the .../Results directory? It should be the first one for Records to work. If you enter path to folder with log files, then you need to manually enter your player name in field below the path field in the first form.

Juergen-BY likes this.
  5. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

That was the fault i did...it was pointing to Results. Many thanks Nibo and sorry for not reading TFM!

Nibo likes this.
  6. cialtronen

cialtronen Registered

Hi. I had an issue with a specifc log. I did this race on a server: practice, qualy, warmup, everything fine. But for the race, no log: just a messagge "error". It's the second time that happens and it's the same server, the same car but on 2 different tracks. In the week I had also a random race on the same server and not issue. I have seen that there is an x64 version. I tried the version *17 normal and x64, but no difference. Any idea?

the messagge is: "Can not process this log. Something went wrong..."

Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "C:\***\r2la_rFactor2 Log Analyzer\rF2 Log Analyzer ver. 2.1.017\web2py\applications\r2la\modules\la_core.py", line 94, in import_logs
    opened_file_str = f.read()
    File "C:\Python310\lib\codecs.py", line 322, in decode
    UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf-8' codec can't decode byte 0xf9 in position 421296: invalid start byte

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "C:\***\r2la_rFactor2 Log Analyzer\rF2 Log Analyzer ver. 2.1.017\web2py\applications\r2la\modules\la_core.py", line 97, in import_logs
    opened_file_str = f2.read()
    File "C:\Python310\lib\encodings\cp1252.py", line 23, in decode
    UnicodeDecodeError: 'charmap' codec can't decode byte 0x81 in position 3794: character maps to <undefined>

7. DanRZ

DanRZ Registered

Looks like somebody is using "exotic" characters on their name or use a skin wrongly described ...
    Easy to check i think, by just opening the log ...

8. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Yes, probably. cialtronen, send me this xml file, I'll try to find which symbol causing this. Its some car/track mod or driver name.

9. cialtronen

cialtronen Registered

I have seen a name of a driver which strange symbols, but it's strange because he was also doing the qualy where no problem with the log file . Here you have 2 files: the qualy where no problem and the race which had the problem. Does it mean that I have to "clean" the log file?
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1K8cWSaTcmuro_Xsm-fZ61Km_v8GplQkB?usp=sharing

10. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Both logs have "Ádám" name, but its not the problem. The problem is in race log line 5693, when someone wrote in the chat and used wrong symbol somehow:
    s1.jpg

Open xml file in text editor, remove that ? symbol in "Mursulionadi" word, save changes to xml file and press "refresh" in r2la to pick up changes.

cialtronen likes this.
  11. cialtronen

cialtronen Registered

all clear! thx :)

12. mama_mia

mama_mia Registered

Hi,
    We often host endurance races in which qualifying happens some days before the race, so r2la does not relate both and the results do not show qualifying data.
    How can we manually assign a qualification session to a race?

13. Nibo

Nibo Registered

mama_mia, both race and qual logs must have the same DateTime and TimeString tags in xml lines 9 and 10. Open both logs in code editor, copy and replace line 9 and 10 from race log to qual log. Save changes to qual log. Refresh r2la.

mama_mia and DanRZ like this.
  14. mama_mia

mama_mia Registered

Thanks, it worked perfectly.

The only problem now is that it is not considering the qualification time when the driver who made the qualification is not the same that finished the race... :-\
    upload_2023-6-26_14-39-1.png

Looks like I'll need to do some "find and replace" on the logs to fix it. :)

Nibo likes this.
  15. DanRZ

DanRZ Registered

Hello, here i'm again with a minor remark. :D

I use the Options to only view Records from a Date.
    All the tracks on the left are still listed without any results ...
    It would be cool to hide tracks without any "Records" at this Date.

Here is an example. Only Spa has results ... All other tracks have no Records at the specified date.

Capture.JPG

What do you think ?

;)

16. Nibo

Nibo Registered

I agree it would be nice. But unfortunately that's the place where I can not just do easy db query and filter out tracks like that. This is because of a way db connections are set up between tracks and track records. To do this I would need to cycle through every track name in the list and apply current user selected filter to all track records on every request to one Track Records page. And people can have a lot of tracks and track records in database... I did not find an efficient solution yet. Maybe someday.

DanRZ likes this.
  17. Marc Vermeer

Marc Vermeer Registered

Can you tell us the correct way to run multiple dedicated servers with livetiming? These servers each run on different playernames but on 1 virtual server. If we provide the rF2 folder during installatoin it searches for name "player" but not player1 player2. Do we then have to input the playername in de rF1 field below?

18. DanRZ

DanRZ Registered

Hello ... logs used by r2la are in : \steamapps\common\rFactor 2\UserData\Log\Results

They are not dependant to the "player" folder which is in Userdata.

You need to provide the Results folder to r2la, not the player one if i remember well.

I have 3 servers, player, player2 and player_race and have no issues. All uses the same Results folder.

19. Jesus Piña Garcia

Jesus Piña Garcia Registered

Hi, the last version no found, the consola open and closed fast

20. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Marc Vermeer, for r2la DEDI mode ingame player names do not matter. You can provide a root rfactor2 path, and if all your dedicated logs are saved in default dir (...rFactor 2\UserData\Log\Results) then they will be picked up. Or you can provide path to directory with logs directly (but providing root rfactor2 path is preferred). No need to enter anything in rF1 field. Just check DEDI mode checkbox and provide r2la admin name and password.
    Live Timing scans for processes with "rFactor2 Dedicated.exe" name in shared memory and will show all of them. If all your 3 servers run from same windows user and are in the same windows shared memory - they will be shown on Live Timing page.
    If they are not showing, you can try various things described on r2la Help page (your-r2la-address: port/help), "Live Timing troubleshooting" section.

Jesus Piña Garcia, you are running r2la.bat and it is closing just after start? Maybe try to run r2la.bat as administrator (right click on bat file -> "Run as administrator"). Make sure you installed all c++ redistributables from rfactor 2\support folder.
    Try if older version 2.058.45 is working for you - https://www.mediafire.com/file/ci8ro36zoz58abk/rF2_Log_Analyzer_ver._2.058.45.zip/file

To prevent cmd window from closing try running r2la.bat from the cmd console window. Press Windows+R to open "Run" box. Type "cmd" and then click "OK" to open Command Prompt. In cmd window type "cd path-to-your-r2la-dir". For example "cd C:\rF2 Log Analyzer ver. 2.1.017". Then type "r2la.bat". If there is any error or other text appearing in cmd window copy it here for me.

DanRZ likes this.