rFactor 2 Developer Q&A

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cloudXXI

cloudXXI Registered

It would be great the possibilty of using a second monitor for rearview

2. bleco

bleco Registered

+1 ...

I would be surprise if ISI doesn't implement a realistic clutch model in rF2 ... LFS implemented something very good for the time ... 8 years ago!!

And for the turbo model, I am really looking forward to see what ISI developped ... turbo lag and sound vs turbo size and pressure, realistic BOV sound etc ... launch control, adjustable boost pressure by gear and or revs would be very cool features in rF2 or rF3 ...

Bleco

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2011
  3. DmitryRUS

DmitryRUS Registered

Guys, do not expect a super new simulator is improved rF1, with new modes of copyright in the form of historical claims and official cars ...
    If they do not change its principle of physics, this game will remain rF1 version 2.0

4. bleco

bleco Registered

yeah ... but there was some good ideas I think that were posted on this forum besides all the virtualr stupid debate, bitching, and other useless crap ... I am sure they will be taken in consideration for futur releases, rF3-rF4 ... well I hope ...

Bleco

5. DmitryRUS

DmitryRUS Registered

Can help the developers? Ideas to throw everything they can. And work? Who knows what?
    I'm talking for myself, I modeler and artist.

While this is all nonsense ... off-topic ...

6. bleco

bleco Registered

DmitryRUS,

no one here can help the development team... and obviously everything that was proposed cannot and will not be implemented in rF2 ... Some ideas are good and some are not, only ISI can decide on this ... Everyone would like some new features and will trow everything here... But sometimes an simple idea can be fully develop and implemented from a little forum post starting point ... Where do you think ISI go to refresh their minds with new ideas and why do you think these forums are created? Not only to keep us informed obviously ;-) ...

stay positive ;-)

Bleco

7. DmitryRUS

DmitryRUS Registered

Why, I do not know why a forum))
    I understand the whole principle of their work, but in the know to keep, and then all head and share so much already and are disputed, will be the best simulator or improved rF1 ...

8. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

More like a forth monitor as a rear-view. And truthfully I see no reason why in 2011 with people touting their 5 screen panoramic setups a full 360° six monitor Hexagon setup shouldn't be possible to program the render of.

I'm hoping for carburetor simulation since rF2 has a pretty classic race heritage. Half the cars I drive regularly in rF1 are historical cars with dual Webbers.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2011
  9. Flaux

Flaux Registered

I like that. :)

10. Cris_Ace

Cris_Ace Registered

+1 to that,since at this time they have other priority;
    from the Q&A we've learnt that :
    "There will be both physical and visual wear for tires. Dirt and grass pickup not yet decided."
    dirt and grass pickup is a must with the live track :rolleyes:

11. Dreamer

Dreamer Registered

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2011
  12. DeDios

DeDios Registered

I agree with guys who want a full turbo features; i'd like to see a proper modern rally car in rF2, with all electronic/mechanical gauges been simulated (electronic differential, "bang-bang" system ecc..).

13. McArcher

McArcher Registered

Will the track dry and get black lines from wheels in an automatic (scripted) way or will it be realistic? I mean, if I drive on a track alone when the rain has just stopped, and I don't use the optimal trajectory, will the lines dry where I do drive instead of ideal line?

And another question. If I play alone (for testing) and drive on a dirty part of road for 10 or 20 laps, will it become clean? Will the tire marks on the track stay there for the whole racing weekend and will they change track's adhesion dynamically or will the track's adhesion map be preprogrammed? If someone drives into grass or dirt and dirt from wheels flies to the track, will the track be changed visually and will the adhesion change in that part of track?

14. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

It will be realistic one.

15. shum94

shum94 Registered

I already see myself booting noobs drying some bad line lool

16. Lenniepen

Lenniepen Registered

In a big field of AI-cars, on an drying track, you are in disadvantage if you drive a different racing line than the bunch of AI-cars, because their racing line dries much faster.

Imagine your starting position is on the 'dirty' side of the track (the part of the start/finish-straight where no one drives normally and therefore has less grip because of the dirt and marbles).
    Would it be possible, during a warm-up session, to drive multiple laps over your starting position to clean it before the race?

17. Lazza

Lazza Registered

That would be the same if the drying line was just based on the predefined racing line that you weren't following, and if you were on with 20 human drivers and they all took a different line to you as well (which, in places where it really matters, probably isn't very likely in either case). Also we're assuming AI will all follow the exact same line; perhaps there is more variation than we've seen in the past.

18. Robert Michael Hryb

Robert Michael Hryb Registered

Awesome reading! Thank you very much. can't wait for RF2 :)

19. F1 2004

F1 2004 Registered

for open beta?

20. Grubby

Grubby Registered

Will Rfactor 2 work with MOTEC?

Fingers crossed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.