rFactor 2 Developer Q&A

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

phew! :p

2. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

True partialy only
    There are three titles released based on rf1 engine after its latest release. All uses a bit newer version - but the first one has been released about 2 years ago. So... it shouldn't affect rf2 release. However It may also be true that preparing dev kit for 3rd party devs has involved a few hours of ISI team.

3. Bill Zimmerman

Bill Zimmerman Registered

Love the screen name ... :)

4. shum94

shum94 Registered

What's up it's friday.

5. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

It's friday. That's what's up.

6. Spacekid

Spacekid Registered

And tomorrow it´s saturday. :)

7. knightyc

knightyc Registered

and monday is a bank holiday so 3 day weekend wOOt lol

8. lordpantsington

lordpantsington Registered

Yeah, I just did that.:p

9. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

My reaction to your post was similar to this..

But seriously.. Just play something else. Sub to iRaging if you want for three months. There is no wait and no limit to how much you can spend to end the waiting. Anything but complain here all the time.

10. Cris_Ace

Cris_Ace Registered

They have already said the answer many times....We don't need to ASK same questions everytime,let the developers free to answer new questions.

11. xTr3me

xTr3me Registered

What about the post fx effects you plugged in last week? Any Screens? :D

12. bleco

bleco Registered

rFactor 2 telemetry data

Hi,

I would like to know if the telemetry data memory adresses will be the same as rFactor1 ?

Will users using motion simulators will be able to use rFactor2 with the same plugin as with rFactor1 ?

Thx!

Bleco

13. JoshJ81

JoshJ81 Registered

Just to add, will rFactor 2 have it's own telemetry system built in that can be customized as needed for each different styles of mods? I think this would be better than have second party program running in the background by making it available full time in the garage windows. Just a thought.

14. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

Hope not.
    I don't know what do you mean by 'customize'. Any car requires more or less a knowledge about same data. On the other side I hope skinning telemetry windows is not your point.
    I will work using some professional program which a ready to use standard rather than be depending on sim developing team.
    I'm not sure you know what you are talking about. If some motion devices uses shared ram access, then addresses will chancge for sure.
    But I believe this is bad approach and data should be read using plugin system. However even if that case you have to be ready to write new plugin.

15. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

MoTeC is great but it would be really cool to have something that is live. At least some basic stuff for crew members. It would also be great if a crew member could join a server as a crew member and make changes to the pit menu so drivers don't have to fumble through this menu while driving. Even if the client had some sort of server built in that crew members could connect to and monitor and/or make changes to the car. This would take some load off the main server. Or if they could just add this sort of stuff to the Internals API so we could write it on our own. This would really help with endurance racing.

16. Lazza

Lazza Registered

If you're referring to memory addresses within the rFactor.exe for pulling out data not provided by the interface (steering lock, boost, etc), it's impossible for them to remain the same - each rFactor update moved them around already (though perhaps not relative to each other; can't be sure, I didn't look them up before 1255F).

I think realistically we need to wait and see what the internals interface provides access to. It may cover a lot more useful stuff, although it would seem quite possible it's not a priority compared to other aspects of the game so might need to wait for a post-release update for it to be fully utilised.

17. bleco

bleco Registered

Thx for your reply Lazza,

There is a plugin for rFactor1 and x-sim... Codemasters lattest titles all uses the same plugin so i thought maybe it would be the same with rf1-rf2... I hope the plugin for rFactor2 will be available when the game is release ... So boring to race without motion now with my simulator ;-)

Bleco

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2011
  18. Ernie

Ernie Registered

+1

19. dragon

dragon Registered

We need more info, SOON :D

20. MarcG

MarcG Registered

we ALWAYS need more info :D

Thread Status: